• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Link and old Lloyds Credit Card

odds
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 661 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi N.P & GM

Is it worth answering this threatogram ? I am just composing a snotty reply due to them saying I have failed to contact them (Lloyds). I'm bloody sick of writing to them just to be totally ignored. FFS I started all this off BEFORE I got into trouble and THEY ignored my letters :mad:

Pete.

ps. Do any of you use MSN for a conflab now and again ?

Hi GM

Does this sound any good as a response to MHA ?

MHA Collections

PO Box 1024

Windsor

SL4 1GH

xx/xx/08

Your ref: xxxxxxxx

Account No: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam

I received your letter dated xx/xx/08 on xx/xx/08 and note you state that Lloyds TSB Bank PLC claim that I have failed to respond to their requests for payment. With all due respect nothing could be further from the truth. I would refer back to my letters dated xx/xx/07, xx/xx/07/, xx/xx/07, and finally xx/xx/08, all of which have gone unanswered by Lloyds. As you are acting on Lloyds instructions, I would assume that they have furnished you with all the correspondence that I have sent to them. In which case I hereby request that you enquire as to why all of my written correspondence has been totally ignored by them.

Furthermore, I will only communicate in writing regarding any matters relating to this account, therefore I request that my telephone number is removed from your systems. Any attempt to contact me by telephone will go unanswered and every call will be logged, and I will not hesitate to report the matter to Ofcom, Trading Standards and the OFT.

I also request a copy of your official Complaints Procedure.

I look forward to your WRITTEN reply.

Mr X

Anything I should add ?

Edited by odds

yep looks fine to me blunt and straight to the point.

You could always send a cca as well just to be safe.

Actually I do have a couple of £1 postal Orders here, I might just do that. Should I send it seperately do you think ? That way I get a signature for them both letters.

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

CCA sent to MHA 10 days ago but Post Office web site not showing proof of delivery yet. So when do I start counting from, have they even got it ?

Pete.

The letter (post #74) I sent in the same envelope as my CCA request seems to have found its way to Lloyds Complaints Dept. :idea:

This morning I got a letter from them saying "We are sorry that you have ........ ". I wasn't complaining in the letter, merely pointing out some facts !!

Anyway as that has been replied to, they must also have my CCA request. The letter I got this morning was dated 21st May, so presumably they got my CCA request before then, so when should I count from ? Or wont they bother responding anyway.

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update:

Had a reply to my letter that they seemed to think was an official complaint.

Apparently they have only recieved 2 of my previous letters, not true, because 2 letters were put in the same envelope, one regarding my loan the other my CC. They replied to the loan one, what they did with the other is not my problem really.

They claim to have replied to both letters they said they got, funnily enough if they did they are the only 2 letters I didn't recieve from them :)

They stated that one of thier letters wanted an up to date expenditure sheet. I had already sent that in one of the letters they said they had recieved from me, strange really.

They have removed my telephone number from thier system, alledgedly.

No mention of the CCA request which was in the same envelope though.

So do I write back and point out the facts and tell them they are a lying bunch of buggers or just forget it ?

Just to point out though the date they said they recieved onr of my letters was 3 days AFTER it was signed for !! Just how big is this office block ? I could get a parcel accross the other side of the world quicker than thier internal mail system :)

Pete.

Hi GM

It's the fact they say they replied to my letters that is bugging me, and the dates on the letters I have do not match the dates they say. In fact one was dated the day BEFORE they claim to have received mine :? I have kept everything, and all they have sent is template letters. Nothing to say we have considered your circumstances etc etc.

Funnily enough though, 8 months after going into my local branch seeking advice/help they are now going to pass the account to another dept. This means that interest will not be added now. Whoopee bloody doo, they have maxed it out now anyway with all the interest charges.

As Mr Angry would say "It makes my blood boil" !!!!

Pete.

Hi N.P

Keeping quite well at the moment thanks, I see you are having a little trouble with them aswell. Anyway my CCA request was sent on the 13th of May, so I reckon that the time is up today. That means absolutely nowt though to them does it.

Pete.

Today I got a letter from BLS Collections, the usual "we can save you up to 50% if you phone us" regarding my CC account. The letter was dated 06/06/08, not bad eh, I got it 07/06/08, Lloyds usually take a week to get delivered :)

Anyway, my question is. This letter is dated AFTER the 12+2 days of the CCA request I sent to MHA Collections. Is it after this time scale that they should stop processing my data or is it after the further 30 days ?

If so, do I write to BLS, MHA and point this out or just file it under 'W' and ignore it ?

Pete.

Quick update.

After the letter I got from BLS on Saturday, today I got another from them dtaed the same as the first one. It stales that Lloyds have instructed them to recover the debt, and goes on to say that they may be forced to contact me by phone or advise Lloyds that a visit may be necessary :).

Now then, as mentioned above, MHA said they had been instructed by Lloyds so I sent them a letter AND a CCA request. The letter was passed to Lloyds who treated it as a complaint (no mention of CCA request) as yet I have had no response from MHA yet BLS now say Lloyds have instructed them. It's all getting rather confusing :confused:

N.P thanks for the letter suggestion mate, I hadn't even decided whether to send a reply and then I get this threatogram from BLS. So if I did send one who the hell do I now warn off ?

Thanks

Pete.

My god that was quick :)

So do I refer them back to MHA or tell them that Lloyds had obviously instructed them by mistake, so take a hike. By the way they can litigate all they want cos I don't have any assets to speak of and I will soon be in a position to increase my token payment by 100%, making it £2 per month. Now I bet they don't get offers like that every day. :)

Pete.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Is this ok to send to a recent letter from BLS ? Is the wording ok etc ?

BLS Collections

PO Box 467E

Oxford

OX4 1WA

Ref: xxxxxxxxxxx

Acc No : xxxxxxx

xx/xx/2008

Dear Sir/Madam

In reply to your letter dated xx/xx/08 in which you imply that you may advise LloydsTSB to consider a personal visit. Please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

Furthermore, on the xx/xx/08 under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), a CCA request was sent to MHA Collections who were acting on instructions from LloydsTSB. This has to date gone unanswered and therefore by the lack of response has placed the above account into dispute until such time as a reply to that request is received.

Yours Sincerely

Any comments, anything to add ?

Cheers.

Edited by odds

No, as in nothing to add and it's ok ? Or No, it's not alright and not worded correctly ? :)

Pete.

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

Hi N.P

Not too bad considering everything, should be back in hospital soon for more surgery quite soon :( Hopefully that will be the end of it for a few years then. I'll have to get that letter off to BLS tomrrow though, I've had it since last week but just couldn't be bothered with them to be honest. As long as I spell it out to them, I wont feel guilty about ignoring them in the future with the fantastic savings they could offer me. :)

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again everyone hope you're all keeping well, just to update on this fiasco.

Right, since my letter to BLS (Post #102), I have had 2 more from them. The first one was a standard "We are acting on instructions from ...... and we want our money back now please".

Then I got a LloydsTSB Paying in book sent to me, nothing else just the book :) This was followed 2 days later by the second letter from BLS. They say that my offer of £1 per month has been accepted but will be reviewed periodically. that is what the book is for then :)

after 9 months of not responding to my request of freezing interest and my offer of £1 token payment somebody has actually made a decision !!

Now a couple of points, do I write and ask them about returning the £1k approx of interest they have added since my initial offer last year, and I presume they should also be reminded of the outstanding CCA request sent to MHA.

I am quite willing to pay the £1 but I will stress that it is ONLY as a goodwill measure whilst I await the response from MHA.

Pete.

Good evening,

Probably totally irrelevant but I have just been looking through my CC statements from the past 9 months ( I was bored ;) ) and I have just noticed that on some of them they have 'Late Charges' of £12 and others don't have them. All the payments of £1 were paid around the same date of each month, well before the due date. Any ideas why this should happen ?

Pete.

Hi N.P

They are all for £1 each month it was paid :)

eg: Jan £12 charges, Feb no charge, March and April £12 charges, May and June no charges.

As I said ALL were reduced payment and always the same time of the month.

Strange eh ?

Do you think it might have something to do with the various departments they seem to pass the letters around to ?

Pete.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Well I'm a bit stumped now as to what to do. I'll just recap in date order as simply as possible.

06/05/08 Letter from MHA dated asking for arrears on account of £xxx.xx

13/05/08 CCA request sent to MHA with letter asking why Lloyds had ignored previous correspondence etc......

21/05/08 Responce from Lloyds about my complaint ?

29/05/08 Lloyds tell me they are passing the account to their Central Debt Recovery Dept. (CDR)

Then get letters from BLS, 05/06/08, 05/06/08(yes 2 the same date), 12/06/08, 07/07/08.

15/07/08 Informed BLS due to the lack of response from MHA the account is now in dispute due to the non compliance with my CCA request.

18/07/08 BLS asking for the outstanding balance of £xxxxx.xx. This debt will not go away etc.

22/07/08 BLS accepting my £1 token payment .... excuse me but I have never made an offer of payment to BLS.

26/08/08 Letter sent to Lloyds Official Complaint, basically covering everything that has gone on for the last 10 months asking for explanations as to their actions, and where my £1 Postal Order went. No acknowledgement or reply yet.

11/09/08 Full and Final Settlement offer from BLS offering to write off nearly £8k of the total owed. But I must still keep paying my £1 in the meantime.

Now for the questions:

Do I ignore BLS ?

Do I just pay the £1 untill they decide what THEY want to do ?

Do I pay another £1 and CCA BLS ?

Do I remind BLS that I have already told them the account is in dispute and thank them for their kind offer ?

My stubborn side says stuff them, if they can't even be bothered to reply to my letters then why should I go into town to pay them the £1, my missus on the other hand says just pay them till they sort it out. You just know that you aint going to win arguing with a woman :)

Any suggestions (except divorce her) will be greatfully recieved.

Thanks.

Pete.

• 2 months later...

Since I requested my phone number to be removed from the system I have to admit that Lloyds have been true to their word and I have never had a call from them.

However, on Monday my missus went to the bank to withdraw her wages, as she does every month, and the girl behind the desk asked her why she had a block on her phone number (obviously because of my letter).

She just told her, if you want to sell me anything write to me.

after all this time why has this been asked ?

Is it anything to do with a till girl to question this ?

Or have they just realised we are a couple (not married) and share the same address.

To be honest it doesn't bother me just wondered why after all this time they asked the question.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a reply from the Bank that admits 'criminal behaviour' in the States and yet claim to be voted the UK's Most Trusted Bank :)

Ok here are the most relevant points, the others may require a Subject Access Request regarding letters they say they sent and some they say they never got. Here you are :

ComplaintReplyreCCA-1.jpg

And on the reverse

ComplaintReplyreCCA-2.jpg

Just a couple of questions :

As they have put Final Response on this is there any point in replying to it and pointing out:

1. that if I wanted an application form I would call in to my local branch and pick one up for free.

2. If they had already sent me a copy in May then why can they not find it now.

They really must think that customers are stupid and naive.

How come my letter has now ended up at some address that I have never heard of before, my last reply from an official complaint certainly didn't come from there.

Next step anyone ?

Pete.

Just got another letter this morning dated the day AFTER the above letter ....... I'm sorry you have had cause to complain, blah, blah, blah ...... I have arranged for an immediate investigation ................ of course you have.

Maybe if they had less bloody departments they might be a bit more organised, and that's a big might. :)

Pete.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well the fiasco continues I'm afraid. I received the following letter just after going into hospital and have only just had the chance to post it up. So here goes:

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h214/odds123/ReplytoComplaintedited-1.jpg

Now you may think that at least they replied although they are still under the illusion that I requested a copy of my 'Application Form'.

Now the point is, that after going to all this trouble to locate a further copy of my application form for me, thus showing how much they value thier customers, wouldn't you think that before posting the letter out that they would double check the contents of the envelope ?

I guess you know what's coming next don't you ................. The letter had absolutely NOTHING enclosed.

I give up, if they can't even pack envelopes correctly what hope is there for the future of the banking industry.

I really need a good letter now to send to Mr Bloody Carmichael to get his act in order, to respond to my CCA Request not for an Application form and at least try and get some honest answers from them, though that might be pushing it a bit.

That's all for now.

Cheers

Pete.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi N.P

Thanks for the letter, edited and sent. I just noticed another 'untruth' in the reply to my Official Complaint.

He stated that they wrote to me in January 08 ( another letter that went awol) stating they couldn't accept my token payment as my account was over £xx.xxx in arrears. Fact is the account wasn't in arrears by this amount, it only reached that amount 6 months later after they added interest and then they they decided to accept my token payment :confused: But as a gesture of goodwill they have now repaid the interest ........... very nice of them.

I can honestly say that they basically don't have a clue what is happening between one dept. and another and are now backtracking and lying there way out of it.

Let's see what they come back with next.

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

It's been a while since I heard anything, that is till today.

I still have not had a reply from the gentlman that can't pack envelopes, but I have had a letter from BLS. I won't scan it up, it's only about 5 lines so here is the text.

Dear Mr *****

Your monthly payment plan has now expired

I have NEVER had a payment plan with BLS. I pay £1 token payment and after about 10 months they accepted it, hardly a plan.

In the circumstances, your monthly repayment has been increased to £2.00 starting next month.

So what circumstances are these then ? Do they mean the fact that Lloyds stii haven't replied to my CCA request ?

Please ensure that you increase your payments to avoid arrears accumlating on your account.

That has to be the most stupid statement I've ever read.

That's it basically followed by, if you can't pay please contact us blah blah.

Now a couple of quick questions:

Do I write back and put them in the picture, with a copy of my last letter to Lloyds and explain as a goodwill gesture I will carry on with my token £1 payment ?

Do I ignore and carry on with my £1 payment ?

Could I CCA them, even though Lloyds haven't sent me one yet ?

Any other ideas on which route to go, advice greatly received.

Cheers