mcuth v A&L ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6375 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A&L have filed an Acknowledgement of Service on 7th August, indicating an intention to defend all of the claim. Defendant has 28 days from date of service of the claim form to file a defence - so that's until 2nd September...

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

Please see the following copyright statement

What a joke! As if you don't know what will happen and for such a paltry sum (you know what I mean - no offence). I wonder what the shareholders would think of this waste of A&L resources.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

What a joke! As if you don't know what will happen and for such a paltry sum (you know what I mean - no offence). I wonder what the shareholders would think of this waste of A&L resources.

Tell me about it - they really are a ridiculous organisation....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Cheers

Michael

Please note that the right to reproduce any part of any post I make on this forum is restricted under copyright law.

And what we all knew was coming........received today:

Dear {mcuth}

Re: Yourself -v- Alliance & Leicester plc

.......County Court Claim No. 6SN02734

We have received from Swindon County Court the above numbered claim that you have issued. We have now reviewed your particular case and have decided in this instance to settle the claim.

This decision should not be regarded as an admission of liability on the part of the Company, as we consider the charges to be fair and reasonable.

We therefore now enclose our cheque in the sum of £64.79 which is paid in full and final settlement of your claim. Would you please acknowledge receipt and write to Swindon County Court confirming that the case has been settled.

As it is clear that you do not accept the terms and conditions for the operation of your account we will shortly be contacting you to discuss its future operation.

Yours sincerely

Ian Brunt

Solicitor

Well, that's how intelligent these guys are - they closed my account a month ago :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Anyhoo, another small victory :D

Cheers

Michael

Following letters sent:

Dear Mr Brunt

Your ref: XXX/XXX/X

{mcuth} v Alliance & Leicester PLC

Swindon County Court claim no 6SN02734

Thank you for your letter of 11th August 2006, received today.

I write to confirm receipt of your cheque in the sum of £64.79 in full & final settlement of the above claim. Please find enclosed a copy of my letter to Swindon County Court advising them of settlement.

Many thanks

Yours sincerely,

{mcuth}

Dear Sir/Madam

{mcuth} v Alliance & Leicester PLC

Claim Number 6SN02734

I write to advise you that I have today received a cheque from the Defendants in the sum of £64.79 without admitting liability. I have accepted this amount in full & final settlement of the above claim and now consider the claim settled – please mark the records accordingly.

Many thanks

Yours faithfully

{mcuth}

Cheers

Michael

• 3 months later...

Belated congratulations Michael.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...
Belated congratulations Michael.

Oooh, thanks - hadn't seen that cos I've been unsubbed from this one for a while now :D

Cheers

Michael

• dx100uk changed the title to mcuth v A&L ***WON***