First MH now Capquest!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After receiving letters from MH re an outstanding debt they claimed they had bought from the original creditor , I sent a CCA request with no response then they tried the same with another of their companies I sent a letter stating as the debt was in dispute they could not use any of their companies.

Now I have received two letters from CAPQUEST for the same debt which they claim to have bought of the creditor, the first was a once in a life time offer which I ignored, the second is from their litigation dept giving me till the 6th of Dec to call them to make arrangements to pay or they will pass the case on to their solicitors.

A couple of questions.

Firstly how can MH and Capquest both own the debt? do i send another CCA request?

Secondly, I am now in a position to pay the original creditor(CCA obtained from them) are there any useful letters i can send to arrange this or should I phone them?

After receiving letters from MH re an outstanding debt they claimed they had bought from the original creditor , I sent a CCA request with no response then they tried the same with another of their companies I sent a letter stating as the debt was in dispute they could not use any of their companies.

Now I have received two letters from CAPQUEST for the same debt which they claim to have bought of the creditor, the first was a once in a life time offer which I ignored, the second is from their litigation dept giving me till the 6th of Dec to call them to make arrangements to pay or they will pass the case on to their solicitors.

A couple of questions.

Firstly how can MH and Capquest both own the debt? do i send another CCA request? NO NEED FOR A SECOND REQUEST, IF THEY HAVE NOT COMPLIED WITH THE FIRST ONE, THEN THE ACCOUNT IS IN DISPUTE AND THATS THAT!!

Secondly, I am now in a position to pay the original creditor(CCA obtained from them)IS THE AGREEMENT THEY SENT YOU ENFORCABLE, CAN YOU POST A COPY REMOVING ALL THE PERSONAL DETAILS FIRST are there any useful letters i can send to arrange this or should I phone them?

IF YOU WANT TO OFFER A f & f SETTLEMENT, THATS NOT A PROBLEM BUT IS THE AGREEMENT ENFORCABLE? IF NOT THEN YOU CAN USE THIS AS A NEGOTIATING TOOL

i hope this helps

regards

paul

ok just because you signed it dont make it enforcable, the fact is that it must contain prescribed terms

can you post a copy of the agreement so we can scrutinise it and see if its truly enforcable. if its not enforcable then you are in complete control

can i ask what the debt was for?

regards

paul

Hi there

go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and upload you pics,removing all the personal details first

then if you look at this link you will see how to post the link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html#post1151870