Tot V Abbey/ Link

TOT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5997 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

BEWARE OF THIS ONE !!!!

just had a "very nice" - really pleasant message left on my mobile.

reference -my xxxx address ,yyy street uk / Would Mr. or Mrs XXX or Mr . YYYY ( my son !!!!!) please ring me so that i can help you,reference house yyy address. I thought that sounds odd - who wants to help me.

So I rang BACK -- BIG MISTAKE !!!BIG MISTAKE !!!!

LINK FINANCIAL HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What are you doing about the £XXXX debt you owe to abbey -- so much for their nicy nicy message on my mobile BLOODY CRAFTY WAY TO GET ME TO RING THEM BACK !!!!

This caught me by surprise a bit , said i would ring them back later - which i did

I gave this some thought , rang them back.but wait a minute they should NOT , NOT INVOLVE MY SON. so I had a real go at the guy over it

he got really SH!TY had to hang up in the end

hang on, going to get some advice over this, sounds like a case for trading standards, is it a credit card debt or a bank account debt? perhaps we can help you reclaim any charges :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Hi again

When i rang back, i spoke to a different chap, In fairness, I was already on the attack, as I felt very strongly that his colleaque should not have refered to my son in any way whatsoever. My son (20+) does not have, or ever had any dealings with Abbey Bank , Credit card or Link in any shape or form.

I can only guess that they got his name off the electoral roll.

I asked this chap ( nicely at first ) to record my displeasure, in the strongest possible way, thay i was really not happy with my sons name being referred to on my phone message. he said SO WHAT! and started to rabbit on.!!!

This really was red rag to a bull. I then gave him a pice of my mind in uncertain terms!!!!!

PS. it is a bank account

ok, you need to be complaining to the Trading Standards local to your area,on the basis that they are using deception in order to get people to contact them which against OFT Debt Collection Guidance and would be considered an unfair practice.

Did you keep the original text? if so keep it, they may want to see.

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed