Debt management

joroan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just need to clarify something.

Abbey have passed my overdraft to a debit mamagement company, the account is in dispute due to penalty charges. i rang the debt management company and explained the situation. the lady told me that they have been told to just carry on with chasing the debt. I said to her i wasnt sure if that was right and i would check. She said i could only check with the bank (i know what they would say!!) or the ombudsman.

Does anyone know if this is right and how far the debt management company can go to recover the debt?

Hiya, whilst the debt is in dispute they cannot continue to collect the debt, have you written to the bank putting the debt into dispute? if you havnt done this then you need to, also, you need to calculate just how much is down to penalty charges, compile a spreadsheet and write the letters to the bank, you can find what you need here, if you have any questions then ask away, on this thread so that we can see a proper timeline :-)

Also, I would strongly recommend that you read the FAQ's

In fact, read the FAQ's first and then take it from there

Hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed