CCA - Newmans & Co Ltd - NatWest/RBOS

cashins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5998 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm new, so I hope I am not asking for info that I should have been able to find in other posts.

I had a NatWest C/card dating from around 1997 owing around £9,500, which has been on a voluntary agreement (£32.50 per month) for about 18 months, along with around £50k's worth of other debt with other companies. RBOS only went along with this when they realised that they were on their own and the others had agreed. It went to Westcot but recently it's gone to Newmans and off we went again.

After joining the forum and learning the implications of a CCA Request it seems they would be a good place to start. Having worked for a Natwest Group company and taking into account the takeover and rationalisation I would frankly be amazed if they could find a 10 year old application/agreement? let alone pass it on to Newmans!

A CCA request to Newmans would seem in order but I could use some advise as I have seen a number of versions and I also need to get the do's & don'ts right.

Sorry if it's a dumb request but it is kinda important to get it right.

Thanks in advance

Yes youve got it right- dont use your normal signiture though

and start your request with " I do not acknowledge any alleged debt to your company"

Regards

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for your help people.

Could you elaborate on the no signature/different signature bit, whats the pitfall here? (being dumb again)

Thinking of using one of the Word 'joined up writing' fonts or generating a electronic signature for letters

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...