Parking ticket thrown into my car window as I was driving away.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

On Sunday I parked with my wheels up on a pavement (silly me, I copied everyone else and just assumed it was ok) at the playing fields where my son was playing a match.

Someone alerted us all that a traffic warden was issuing tickets and we all ran to move our cars. When I got there, I didn't have a ticket and so I jumped into my car, started to drive away, rolled down my window to see past the many other parents who had already been issued tickets and were building up a bit of a crowd actually in the road, talking (sort of) to the warden. As I put my foot down to drive off, the warden jumped from between the parents and threw the ticket in through my car window (hitting me on the face - it didn't hurt obviously, it is only paper!) and jumped back to continue arguing with the parents.

I thought if you were driving off a ticket is not valid. But cos he managed to get it into my car, the ticket hitting my face as he did it, is it still payable?

Thanks for any info.

I think I would be writing to the Council claiming that I was assaulted by one of their wardens. You were hit in the face by a projectile, namely a parking ticket, and you could easily have had an accident, or maybe had one of your eyes damaged.

As I understand it, the ticket is supposed to be affixed to the windscreen, not

thrown through an open window. And take it from there.

PCN not properly served. It has to be affixed or handed to the person appearing to be in control of the vehicle. Being reckelssly thrown at a person is not "handed to".

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.