Lloyds TSB platinum card

*juniper*
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For the journey and don’t they take you for a ride?

Hello all,

I purchased a caravan and made a large ‘part payment’ on my platinum card, which was over 2k.

There were some defects and the company said they wouldn’t buy back because it was out of warranty but would sell on my behalf.

It seemed the most logical thing to do at the time because we had wanted upgrade in the following season.

It did sell but the company didn’t pay me, shortly afterwards the company removed their remaining stock and other peoples vans, shut up shop and scarpered, like many others affected we have been basically left with noting apart from a lot of debt and it’s a long road ahead.

I was no longer insured for the van because I wasn’t allowed to be because it was going back to ‘business premises’ and they were covered.

Whilst I was speaking to consumer direct they asked how I’d paid and advised me to make a claim on my platinum card for the money the company had taken off it.

I did and despite the police and trading standards being involved, they have referred me back to the company that are no longer there.

But….

In the meantime, I had called them to ask for an update and I was told it was “sorted out and a declaration form was on it’s way and I would get a full refund!”

We of course were delighted, two days later and we didn’t get the alleged declaration to sign it was the letter referring us back to the company.

I called to ask why I had been misled so cruelly and whilst they had a trace of my call that day, they couldn’t track it down or who had said it (so much for recorded calls) but it had been false information.

I know there is nothing I can do about this, I just felt the need to share it.

Thanks for listening.

For the journey and don’t they take you for a ride?

Hello all,

I purchased a caravan and made a large ‘part payment’ on my platinum card, which was over 2k.

There were some defects and the company said they wouldn’t buy back because it was out of warranty but would sell on my behalf.

It seemed the most logical thing to do at the time because we had wanted upgrade in the following season.

It did sell but the company didn’t pay me, shortly afterwards the company removed their remaining stock and other peoples vans, shut up shop and scarpered, like many others affected we have been basically left with noting apart from a lot of debt and it’s a long road ahead.

I was no longer insured for the van because I wasn’t allowed to be because it was going back to ‘business premises’ and they were covered.

Whilst I was speaking to consumer direct they asked how I’d paid and advised me to make a claim on my platinum card for the money the company had taken off it.

I did and despite the police and trading standards being involved, they have referred me back to the company that are no longer there.

But….

In the meantime, I had called them to ask for an update and I was told it was “sorted out and a declaration form was on it’s way and I would get a full refund!”

We of course were delighted, two days later and we didn’t get the alleged declaration to sign it was the letter referring us back to the company.

I called to ask why I had been misled so cruelly and whilst they had a trace of my call that day, they couldn’t track it down or who had said it (so much for recorded calls) but it had been false information.

I know there is nothing I can do about this, I just felt the need to share it.

Thanks for listening.

Hi, Juniper,

i hate to say this, but I honestly don't believe Lloyds is responsible for this. From what I can see, you actually recieved the goods purchased by the credit card, in good (contractual) condition. You then sold the goods. the company which you sold your goods with has... um... taken your money and scarpered.

i don't personally believe that lloyds is responsible for this under the relevant sections of CCA 1974.

However, you must be very frustrated, and I am very surprised they couldn't trace who the agent was on the telephone, since their is a requirement in the OFT debt collection guidelines that they should be able to do so.

I am surprised the police would refer you back to the company, since it seems possible that a crime has been commited.

Do you know if the company has gone insolvent yet?

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.