Adding Interest On A Disputed Account

storm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6015 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Nat West made a claim against me about 2 years ago which dragged on for about 18 months

Eventually they discontinued it so therefore I won

I wrote to them requesting that the balance be wiped clean and any defaults removed, and received a reply saying they would not do this

This reply did not particularly surprise me, but to my horror they have added about 4k on the amount since the court case and laughably say 'they have no record of me disputing the account'

I cannot believe they are allowed to do this, any suggestions on what to to?

They made a claim via the county court under the guise 'various monies owed', and I put it in dispute via a cca

Really that is about the size of it as they never produced any documents. It managed to drag on for the best part of a year with them coming up with various excuses for not producing it and constantly asking for stays.

Eventually I managed to get a hearing, and 24 hours before the hearing they discontinued the claim.

I themn wrote to them requesting that any outstanding balances they seemed to think I owed be removed and any default notices also removed.

They sent be about 2 or 3 letters saying they were looking into it and then after about 6 months gave me an answer.

Not only were they not going to remove any balances, they are continuing to add interest on the original amount , and as I said laughably claiming I have never disputed the amount

Can't imagine a court will let them claim again, so can't think what their game is, and more to the point should they be doing it?(adding interest still)

ok, so was it a loan you had or a credit card

if it was either, failure to comply with a cca request would mean they are not able to add charges while in default of your cca request

i would suggest a call to your local trading standards they would be interested i would think

Regards

paul

if it was either, failure to comply with a cca request would mean they are not able to add charges while in default of your cca request

Paul,I know people do say that a lot on the site, but I have never been clear as to the legal basis of such a statement.

i will be off site for the next month or so. if you have any problems, feel free to report the post so a moderator can help you.

I am not a qualified or practicing lawyer.

Hi tom

my understanding of the CCA 1974 is that when the debt becomes unenforcable by the lenders failure under 77/78 they cannot take any enforcement action, now i have been advised by my tutor that this not only covers Court action but however adding charges.

my tutors reasoning was that the right to add charges and interest would come from the provisions of the contract ie the regulated agreement. in the abscence of the regulated agreement what basis would a lender have to administer charges

Also, the oft consider it unfair to add charges to an account in dispute.

thats my reasoning behind the statement

Oh hows the reading going :D

regards

paul

Thanks for the replies

At most I feel it is unethical to keep adding charges, particularly as they have already tried and failed to enforce it via the court route

After all what is to stop a lender dragging out finding an agreement for ages, in order to be able to keep adding interest/charges before any hearing