• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

!!Logbook Loans!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5674 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Logbook loans = :???:

Wondered if anyone could give me any advice on the issues Im having with these at the minute.. I borrowed £1500 from them in Sept 2006 I have finished paying back the loan at the end of Sept 2007 however they dropped a bombshell on me that I still owed another £330 for letter and call charges.. So I set up a payment plan to re-pay back these charges at 55pw for 8 weeks.. equals approx £440!!! Dunno how they worked that out anyway I accepted and have paid back 4 and a half weeks so far of the payment plan. Ive actually managed to pay 2 weeks in one go so Im actually ahead of my plan.. £245 paid out of the £440 so theres me thinking OOoooo I only have £200 left to pay thats 3 and a half weeks left!!

Anyway I phone them today to make an additional £30 payment and I ask them how much I have left to pay and they tell me £300!!!!!! I question it and they say the orginal payment plan to clear the charges was set up incorrectly.. SO MY CHARGES HAVE GONE FROM £330 to £500 in a matter of 4 weeks!!!! I had a bit of a rant and rave with em on the phone and got myself into another payment plan of £52 over 5 weeks. So I said to the girl on the phone will that be it after the 5th week and she said NO!!! Ill still have another payment of about £20 to make for interest.. {but I cant take that seriously so I asked for it in writing) even though she said the reason my chrages had gone up to about £500 was the daily interest..

GRRRRRRRR... are they talking a load of Bull or what with these charges.. I dont really know where to go from here [srug]

Pwwwwwwwwwease help with any advice :-D Cheers muchly

**Bump**

Bloomin 'eck! :eek: typical 343.4% apr!!

What have you asked them for in writing? I would request all info on this account, starting with the original credit agreement. It sounds to me like they are ever so slightly taking the p***

Hit the scales, you know you want to :p

**Bump**

Bloomin 'eck! :eek: typical 343.4% apr!!

What have you asked them for in writing? I would request all info on this account, starting with the original credit agreement. It sounds to me like they are ever so slightly taking the p***

I have my agreement somewhere Im going to look for it and thought about going to see a solictor tomorrow.. what should I ask them for a breakdown of the loan from start to finish with a detailed list of the charges.. and what if they dont send, they have to by law right provide me the details??

edit: I asked them to put the payment plan in writing so they cant go back on there word again

You really should challenge these charges in the same way that people have challenged bank / credit card charges, on the grounds of unlawfulness.

If you need a hand getting started just let us know and we shall assist!

Guess what I cant find the agreement I signed

:mad: @ myself for losing it!!

While Im asking for all these things from them I still have to pay dont I?? Obv.. as it will be paid off by the time they respond no doubt but I still aint letting them get away with it..

So no agreement.. do I ask for the whole lot together with the letter stated above or is that 2 seperate letters? :???:

You really should challenge these charges in the same way that people have challenged bank / credit card charges, on the grounds of unlawfulness.

If you need a hand getting started just let us know and we shall assist!

Yes please any help would be much appreciated.. I cant see a solictor I guess until I a. find my agreement or b. get a copy sent.. I dunno if they would be much help anyway

I did ring the ombudson today and they are sending a letter to them for me to ask them for a "final decision" Im not sure what that means?? :???:

Guess what I cant find the agreement I signed

:mad: @ myself for losing it!!

While Im asking for all these things from them I still have to pay dont I?? Obv.. as it will be paid off by the time they respond no doubt but I still aint letting them get away with it..

So no agreement.. do I ask for the whole lot together with the letter stated above or is that 2 seperate letters? :???:

Don't worry about losing the agreement! I would lose my head if it wasn't screwed on :p

The S.A.R is all you'll need to request at the mo, as what they should send includes a copy of the original agreement.

There is a template here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html - adapt as necessay

Forgot to say...yes continue paying for now, it doesn't matter that you will have paid up by the time you get the info...you can still claim back unfair charges, etc.

LOL at my spelling btw! Necessay :o

lol @ your spelling dont worry about it dude and thanks for the template I shall be sending that off as soon as I can get to the postoffice for a postal order.. as long as Im helped with each stage Ill be fine :)

My heads been a right shed this afternoon since I spoke with them.. Im sooooo all over the shop.

Well it is obviously more than 100% interest. "Extortionate credit" springs to mind. When you've got the details (and that agreement you are looking for - nudge nudge) we'll work out what the interest was. Might be "too high". Did the Bank turn you down? Asking for a reason - not being curious.

Well it is obviously more than 100% interest. "Extortionate credit" springs to mind. When you've got the details (and that agreement you are looking for - nudge nudge:rolleyes: ) we'll work out what the interest was. Might be "too high". Did the Bank turn you down? Asking for a reason - not being curious.

Assuming you've paid £3208 'ish so far.

That means that you paid simple interest of 113.6%. Giving an APR of

170%.

I think that's an extortionate credit agreement. And we haven't even finished yet as they're after extra charges!

The posts are mucked up as the dates are wrong. We have to wait until midnight to get right again...

I think this one will get very interesting. Certain of it.

Errr - you say you've looked for the agreement. But, there's a 14 minute gap between you saying you were going to look for it and not being able to find it. I don't think you put a lot of effort in!!:)

Have a REALLY good look for that agreement as it could be very important!!

You borrowed £1500.

1) How much have you actually paid back to date?

2) How much do they say is outstanding?

Right then phone call made and OMFGG!! :eek:

Ive paid them £3429.75 to date

I still owe them £260.90

:-x The loan Ive ever had in my life and the last one!!!

This is your first ever loan? Why didn't you use a bank? (answers to both please!!!!) And.... did you find your agreement??? very important....

Yes my first ever proper loan apart from my mortgage..

Ive had credit agreements.. such as catalouges and such with companys before and my credit rating is too crap to go to a bank, but to be honest I was between temp work and I needed some money fast!! To help with my bills/ car insurance etc; wish Id have known then what I know now but hey ho you live and you learn!!

No I havent found my agreement yet :sad:

I think this one will get very interesting. Certain of it.

Errr - you say you've looked for the agreement. But, there's a 14 minute gap between you saying you were going to look for it and not being able to find it. I don't think you put a lot of effort in!!:)

Have a REALLY good look for that agreement as it could be very important!!

Your right I didnt I was tired and mardy last night..I will have another go tonight :) I looked through a box of paperwork I have at home, I found one letter from them at thats all.. maybe it is somewhere else

I have just phoned them and they are sending me a statement of my account out in the post today, or so they say!!

The S.A.R. should include more than statements, and you'll probably need to still request this as you want to see where charges have been added, etc. I assume you want to claim back any unfair charges? If so, the S.A.R is your best bet

You need to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and CCA them. (Subject access request - which means they have to print out out everything which is on their computers at the date they qet the request. CCA - Consumer Credit Act request which means they have to give you copies of all the paperwork on the loan). £10 and £1 payments respectively.

You need to S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and CCA them. (Subject access request - which means they have to print out out everything which is on their computers at the date they qet the request. CCA - Consumer Credit Act request which means they have to give you copies of all the paperwork on the loan). £10 and £1 payments respectively.

Ok thanks :wink: do you know where abouts I find the template for the CCA?? I have the SAR printed out ready to send.. I may as well save on postage and post them both together

I'm not sure how to do this properly but look at this page and use post 15. (I'd change "we" to "I" though!). One postal order for £11 but don't put your signature on the letter (or anywhere). Recorded deivery at least. But best is guaranteed next day but slightly more expensive.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

I'm not sure how to do this properly but look at this page and use post 15. (I'd change "we" to "I" though!). One postal order for £11 but don't put your signature on the letter (or anywhere). Recorded deivery at least. But best is guaranteed next day but slightly more expensive.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Ok dude cheers for that.. Im curious as to why no signatures though?? :???: