MBNA v The Wife

flyboy80
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6020 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I have experienced strange dealings with MBNA on behalf of my wife. Originally she went onto a monthly pay plan, of which she stuck to rigidly after help and guidance from CCS. Now that I am able to help her a bit I offered to make an increased payment to them to 3 time that which was orginally being paid.

I spoke with somebody from the call centre who advised that if I increase payment to a satisfactory level, they would be able to offer a discounted settlement, from £4170 to £1400 as long as this was paid withibn 6 months. This I thought was a good offer and requested that they put this in writing so that I could consider the proposal.

The letter (or many actually) arrived but what is proposed is not as discussed, in fact what is written implies that the debt is to be written off as a bad debt anyway. The amount now offered as settlement is £2502.53 (not the original £1400) and is to be paid over three months.

My question here is has anyone else had this situation arise?

Can I still stick to the orginal figure quoted?

As I have made the first payment, am I bound to the latter offer as payment has been recieved by them?

Your input would be greatly recieved.

Kind Regards

Flyboy80

01.08.06 - RBOS - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request

01.08.06 - Alliance @ Leicester Credit Card - S.A.R sent

03.09.06 - £495 owed - Alliance and Leicester sent cheque for £130 - Accepted as partial payment

03.09.06 Alliance & Leicester - LBA letter sent to recover remainder

No I don't believe you are bound because you have made the first payment. Write them a stern letter reminding them that the offer they made for settlement was much lower than the one mentioned in later letter and you are only prepared to continue paying them at a higher level if you get a letter setting out the figure that was first mentioned. If they get too bolshy, CCA them and see if they have an agreement. Hope this helps:)

Dont know if this helps,i am just going to start a payment plan with mbna , i have sent a cca to which they have said they dont need to send one ??????

I am also claiming all my charges back with ci as well...but in the meen time had a settlement letter of 3k on a 7.3 k debt, i think because they cant supply the cca as i requested.