Natwest Bank Charges

pinky1998
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please Im A Natwest Bank Customer Who Is Very Confused.going By What Ive Seen On Tv Recentley I Am Owed A Huge Amount Of Money By The Natwest.what Im Confused About Is

1.)whats A Bank Referal Chare And Can You Claim Them Back?

And

2,)whats The Charge For That Just Says "charges" On My Bank Statement With My Account Num Next To It ?

This Charge Seems To Varie Widley, And Can I Claim This Charge Back Too ?

Im A Severe Epileptic Who Recieves Disability Living Allowance And My Bank Have Taken Nearly £600 In Charges Just For Last Month. For Stuff Like A £2.26 D/d Unpaid.

Can I Claim And What Do These Things Mean.please Help There About To Slap More Charges In A Couple Of Days?

Pinky1998

Hello there! Welcome to CAG and these forums.

1.)whats A Bank Referal Chare And Can You Claim Them Back?

I believe a referral charge is a charge NW applies when they have to "refer" a payment

because there is not sufficient money in your account to pay this. I normally get it when I have a direct debit that's bounced.

You can of course claim this back! It WAS your money in the first place.

2,)whats The Charge For That Just Says "charges" On My Bank Statement With My Account Num Next To It ? This Charge Seems To Varie Widley, And Can I Claim This Charge Back Too ?

It's annoying they don't specify anything other than "charges". I find it's simply NW charges you have accumulated over the past month and then deducting these in one lump sum on the same day each month. You normally get a letter first telling you when these charges will be applied.

I would suggest you read the FAQs which outlines just about everything you know. I found that once I had spent a few hours reading through it all it all made sense and I had no problems with following the process. I guess it can be a bit scary at first but we are all in this together and always here to help!

Good luck!

Many Many Thanks. Ive Just Browsed Through My Statements And For Payments That They Took More Bank Chares For Than The Actual Bill That Was Being Claimed They Owe Me A Minimum Of 3 And A Half Thousand Pounds. Im On Income Support As Im Sick.i Get My Phone Cut Off Just About Every Month .i Also Have 2 Special Needs Children And They Actualy Take The Money That Pays The Bills And Feeds Your Kids..the Times Ive Gone Without So They Can In My Opinion "steal" From Me Is Unreal.

Im Not Well But I Will Fight This Every Inch Of The Way... And I Wont Go Quietly.

Thank You So Much To All You Guys Out There Who Look Out For As Nobodys .we Are Eternaly Gratefull. And Off Course 5% Of Anything I Win Back Will Be Paid To You ...take Care And Thanks Again Xxxxxxx

Guest NATTIE

You need to read the banks own leaflet "A guide to Personal account fees"(I forget the name of our own leaflets at times! A Paid referral fee is where the Bank pays a DD/SO which takes you over your agreed overdraft limit. The maimum charge that can be levied per month is £90.00

I think it's the Maximum of £90 of paid referral fees only. They then slap on dishonour, OD & card misuse fees on top!!

But how very generous to limit a paid referral fee to a mere £90 per month!! :o