Fed Up with Abbey - PreLim advice needed

mrsrachel
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello - I have returned for fight battle 2, this time against Abbey. I had planned to do this at the beginning of the year but they have not annoyed me enough until today when they want to charge £230 this month for various charges on their new and improved system! Being the filer that I am and never getting rid of statements I have the 6 years going back and last time I calculated it was over £500 - although after this month I may be closer to a grand.

When I did speak to someone last week, they said they could do nothing but gave me an address to send my letter to and said that nothing could me done at this stage as they are awaiting for the court's decision on unfair bank charges, but to get my letter in and then I will be in their system so to speak.

So all I really need to know is how the 14 days response works on the prelim letter in light of what I was told?

Hope this makes sense....

Also not sure how am going to come up with £230, spent 15mins waiting to speak to someone there tonight but no pick up so will try tomorrow, if they charge me and take me over agreed OD again am going to be charged left right and center any advice on how to approach them on this???

Many thanks

Rachel

SUCCESS - Smile £750 - January 2007 - 3 weeks after Prelim Letter sent

mrsrachel,

Welcome to the world of Abbey...................they are difficult,obstructive,deliberately delaying,prevaricating,awkward bullies;)

With most claims they take everything to the wire..never paying up until a couple of days before a court date,making you sweat on everything, but eventually coughing up.

And that was all before the Test case;)

My claim was quite straightforward, but have a read of it to give you an idea what to expect.....I apologise in advance for some of the off-topic stuff that happened along the way

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-cahoot-successes/55539-charleyfarley-abbey.html

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.