• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone i sent off my huddys Data Protection Act just two weeks ago to yorkshire bank i thought we would have to wait ages to recive the statments but today we recived them iv been up since five this mornging with my twins and just as i was considering putting matches in my eyes to stay awake :o the post came iv only looked at 5 months of charges its already at £200 these are better than any caffine intake to wake you up in the morning. Carn't wait to put the kids to bed tonight to start adding them all up. will keep you updated on progress8)

Early night for the kids coming up! Keep us posted.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Added all the statments up last night and the GRAND total came to £2199 :o so on the site i came to prepare the first letter to yorkshire carnt wait for their reply.

but just a quick question what are a schedule of charges looked all over faq but just carnt find what it means i dont want to send off the wrong thing to the bank feel really stupid for asking :confused:

The schedule of charges is the spreadsheet here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-excel-spreadsheet-work-out.html

It's a very good way of keeping a record of your charges. Bear in mind you can't ask for the 8% interest (that it calculates) at this stage as you can't include it before you make you court claim. You can however threaten that if they don't pay up before that stage that it will be included.

Hope that helps and good luck :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

There is also a sheet there called charges and interest which Vampiress has done, that you can use to calculate the interest you have paid on your charges. You can claim this interest with your charges and then add the 8% on if or when you have to do a moneyclaim. But as dolly said you can't claim the 8% yet. PM Vamp if you need any help.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm really, really trying to stop it but it's on it's way, yet again..... ROBBING ******'S!!!!

Good luck Bluedaz :)

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

• 1 month later...

personally, I claimed 6 years from the date I sent my DPA letter and started the ball rolling. If people just did the 6 years from when the actually received the statements, the rate YB [and especially Clydesdale] are taking, you could have lost out on months of fees!

Advice & opinions given by pjdudley69 are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. Also visit legal seagulls for more friendly help and advice.

iv just handed in my prem letter into yorkshire to return home to my statement i have gone over drawn by £5.00 so they have charged me £8.00 a day (three days) plus £20.00 overdraft fee when asked why they didnt let me know they said that policy is not to inform customers for four days that they are overdrawn so in the mean time they are claiming £8.00 a day. Im fuming, i didnt notice because my wages had gone in on the fourth day and i just withdrew what i needed and didnt realise they had took another £44.00 from me for going £5.00 overdrawn can i put in another prem lettter for £44.00?

Add it on when you send your LBA.

i sent my prelim letter in on tuesday and have just got a letter through today (thursday) with by the looks of it the usally response giving t&c and its up to me to look after my money etc. Am I correct in thinking i just wait for 14 days to past and then send my LBA letter and wait for a response from that.

(has anyone else noticed that yorkshire have put their charges up to £25.00 again)

if you have already had a rejection letter then you do not need to wait for the deadline (i didnt) you can issue your LBA now, and then the same applies with the MCOL

Spanish Holiday Rental - 10% off BAG and CAG Members

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Yorkshire Bank - LBA 26/07/06 £1001.00 - £500.50 offered and rejected

RBS Credit Card - Settled £200.00

Sainsburys - Settled in full £100.00

JD WIlliams - Settled in full £50.00

Argos Card Services - £98 - offered £60 and rejected.

Abbey Mortgages - MCOL 2nd October - Deadline 21st

Hi All , an update of my progress so far .Issued 2 lba`s (joint account and my own account) Have now received a letter with a cheque for £200(half what i am due on joint account),nothing yet for my own account.Cheque will be returned to my branch along with a letter of refusal and reiteration of deadline before mcol .Will keep you posted as to outcome,Julian and Lisa

no need to send the cheque back, just dont cash it yet.

This is what I sent:

Neil McKirdy

Customer Relations Manager

Customer Relations (Box 14)

Clydesdale Bank Exchange

20 Waterloo Street

Glasgow

G2 6DB

Dear Neil,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: ********

Thank you for your letter dated 15th August relating to the penalty charges applied to my account. Unfortunately I have already started legal proceedings against Yorkshire Bank through the small claims court. I set a clear deadline of 14 days from my Letter Before Action; I had confirmation from both the branch and Glasgow that my letter had been received. I extended the deadline by a further 7 days to give you the benefit of more time. I eventually started legal action on the 16th August 2006.

I accept your cheque of £500.50 as a partial payment, but I will continue with legal proceedings until I receive a further payment of £751.92, which will be the full amount as requested on my claim form. I will not cash the cheque until the remainder is forthcoming.

I hope you find this notification in writing satisfactory and I feel disappointed that it had to result in this action being taken. I look forward to hearing from you in the very near future.

Yours faithfully,

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

Guest Zooman

I starting to real dislike this bank.

I do not accept the partial offer. My position is very strong and I do not foresee losing the case in court, as such only a payment in full plus fees plus interest will result in me withdrawing the claim.

Also be aware that in the allocation questioner notwithstanding allocation to the small claims track I will be requesting the indulgence of the Judge to exercise his discretion and make order for you to file at the court office and serve me with a list setting out how charges have been calculated.

I have returned the cheque.

I advise you to not waste you time making partial offers and prepare for court or make a offer in full. Also be aware if you leave the offer until AQ have been filed any offer that includes me accepting "No Liability" on your part will be rejected and any offer will have to be truly non-conditional or it will proceed to hearing.

To be clear I am only prepared to accept a offer that requires I accept "No Liability" on your part before AQ are sent out.

Please confirm your position on the above.

Thanks for that rascal,here`s what i sent

19TH August 2006

URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

I refer to your letter dated 15th August 2006, your ref XXXXXXXXX

I am writing this final letter to accept your cheque of £200 as partial payment of my claim against charges levied on Account No.XXXXXXXX

My intentions still stand as outlined previously and I intend to submit a moneyclaim through the courts within the next few days. I am disappointed your response has not been satisfactory and feel there is no alternative than to take this matter to court.

If you wish to avoid court proceedings I suggest the matter is resolved before close of business on Wednesday 23rd August.

May I remind you that in addition to the £400 I claim against this account , I will be seeking interest and costs when the matter goes to court. I am also waiting upon a satisfactory outcome on the same basis to my Account No.XXXXXXXX and court action will also be taken for this account at the same time.

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours faithfully,

Hi Jools and welcome to the forum. Could you please start your own thread so that we can all follow your progress. You have posted in several other peoples threads which makes it a bit confusing. If you want me to move any of the posts to your own thread just PM me and I will do it for you.:)

• 3 weeks later...

iv sent my lba letter off 13 days ago and received a letter from Yorkshire to say give them 4 weeks to look into this ( i dont think so ). So tonight iv sat down to start my money claim but i was just wondering what address should i put down for Yorkshire iv been sending my letters to my local branch should i put down Yorkshire address in Glasgow or carry on with my local branch thanks in advance for any replies :)

put down your branch address - dont put glasgow otherwise it could be classed as a scottish claim - it will end up there anyway so dont worry

www.rent-in-spain.org.uk

Progress so far:

• 2 weeks later...

sent my lba letter just over two weeks ago received a letter to say give us four week to look into the complaint. So sat down over weekended to get my moneyclaim ready but i went to the bank yesterday to see that i had £1090 more in my account than what i should have.:confused: I went in to get a statement to find it was put down on my statement as charges adjustments iv had no letter informing me. Has anyone else had this? What should i do now.:?:

sent my lba letter just over two weeks ago received a letter to say give us four week to look into the complaint. So sat down over weekended to get my moneyclaim ready but i went to the bank yesterday to see that i had £1090 more in my account than what i should have.:confused: I went in to get a statement to find it was put down on my statement as charges adjustments iv had no letter informing me. Has anyone else had this? What should i do now.:?:

This is a new one on me, but I agree that you should continue with your claim, minus the refund.