• Tweets

• IMG_2820-IMG_2820-merged.pdfmerged.pdf Case management was this morning. Here is the Sheriff’s order. Moved case forward to 24/05.   He said there was no signed agreement and after a bit of “erm, erm, yeah but, erm” when he asked them, he allowed time for sol to contact claimant.  what is the next step now? thank you UCM  
    • I've had a quick (well, quick for a thread of this length),  read of this thread and to be honest I'm struggling to make heads nor tails of the actual crux of the issue here. You seem awfully convinced that whatever is going on is worth the fight and the odds are in your favour but with how the thread has gone it seems that one trail goes cold so you simply move on to another in an attempt to delay the inevitable. All it does is end up digging holes and confusing others and yourself which means any advice given to you is completely pointless. I note that for the life of this thread there has not been any documentation or correspondence uploaded for people to have a look. Have you got any that you'd be willing to redact and upload for members to assist you? Right now, it seems people are shooting out advice while being in the dark because it's starting to become very difficult for people who weren't here at the start of this (including myself) to follow along. Right now, this whole thread is just hypothetical "He said, she said" and is going nowhere fast. Nothing more than basic advice can be given which, as you've sought out some legal advice, is likely not sufficient to actually come to any sort of conclusion. I, personally, am starting to agree with others that it may be best to consider bankruptcy and put the matter behind you.  
    • Thanks for coming back to us. There are no guarantees - but remember that so far MET have not had the guts to put even a single case before a judge.  Not once. Yours is one of seven court cases. Three ongoing like yours. In two MET bottled it as Witness Statement stage approached. In one the allocating judge decided their Particulars of Claim were rubbish and threw the case in the bin. Just the one victory by MET by default when the motorist stupidly didn't file a defence. So there is every chance that MET will throw in the towel in your case too if you stand firm. Please keep us informed of what is happening. Regarding being abroad, that is no reason for things going wrong, you can request an on-line hearing and we've had several cases where the PPC gave up when the motorist moved abroad. But please keep us in the loop.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rbs I'm Coming To Getcha!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HIYA ALL, i have just successfully won against barclays,

now i'm after RBS for moh

i have sent the first letter and when thier deadline was up, got moh to give them a call they said they actually have 8 weeeks to reply mmmm, are these as good at stalling as barclays,

anyway had my eye off the ball for a while with rbs as it was getting close n scarey with barclays so now rbs are going to get the LBA posted tommorow, just wondered if anyone else on here had the same response,and if there are any little games rbs play that i should be aware of. thanx

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking again at my statements they are a bit confusing as to what to calim for eg

i have an unpaid item = £30.00

then

int to 04Apr a/c ......= £10.32

then

chg to 02 APR a/c.....=£30.00

then

chg to 02 APR a/c .....=£9.90

now i know i can claim the first one as this is an unpaid item but which of the others can i claim back, as these occur once every month in that order, a bit confused :confused:

been reading other threads about what to claim back from rbs charges and i think i am now even more confused..

banks say their charges are open and transparent....!.my eye...!!

think i am going to give em a call n ask if they want to settle now with just normal dd charges ref fees etc or they want to crack on and i will claim back everything i can n see what happens, surely cant do any harm, already got court bundles ready from barclays claimthisone just getting me so frustrated i know i have to get this bit right then its all plain sailing, followng time scales n letters...

Hi Muggles and welcome to the CAG group!

Here's a link to a spreadsheet to calculate all of your charges etc.

Hope that this helps!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Best of luck and keep us all posted of your progress.

Lush ;)

Lush ;)

i have an unpaid item = £30.00 You can reclaim this

then

int to 04Apr a/c ......= £10.32 You cant reclaim this

then

chg to 02 APR a/c.....=£30.00 You can reclaim this

then

chg to 02 APR a/c .....=£9.90 You cant reclaim this(monthly

charge,Royalties maybe?)

Hope this helps and Good Luck

thanks stevokenevo, i got tottally confused adn was going to phone n say i would be happy with just the referral fees now i know what to go for look out rbs here i come. you lot on here are brill.

hiya all, 0n 26th april recieved letter from RBS saying the usual sorry to hear blah blah, we are looking into you complaint blah blah, will hear from us soon. Not the most patient person gave them a call and they said they have 8 weeks to respond (as my first post).

any way counted it up and feeling 8 weeks slightly excesive i decided to give them a call this morning it is week 7 so felt i had been more than patient ( mostly durc due to finishing and spending barclays claim HAHA)

the up shot is spoke to a lady called to jo who again sed 8 weeks blah i told her we were on weeek 7 she said there will be an settle ment offer in the post to reach us by nxt tuesday i fi i have nor got it by then to call them back

sorry about errors on page my delete button stopped working....

so now we wait n see, anyone else had this should i expect usual bank tactics.... ie not recieving a letter or, recieving a piffling amount...

anyway will get my next letter ready just in case..;)

Hi Muggles

Well done with Barclays! I'm waiting for them to Ack my claim at the mo, tick tock, tick tock.

Anyway, I've sent off my prelim and LBA letter to RBS and have received the standard letter back from Sandy Watt. I'm about to send off my N1 - do you think it is worth a shot ringing them before hand? It would save them alot in interest and the court fee - but I get the impression that Sandy Watt is holding out to the last minute like Barclays.

What do you reckon?

Cheers

Kiff

Incidentally, you only need to wait the 8 weeks if you are intending to use the Financial Ombudsman to get your funds back for you, if your intent is to use the court system then don't wait any time period the bank tells you. Only wait the 14 days between letters.

14 day is considered to be a reasonable time by the courts. If you don't stick to the timetable YOU dictate then the bank will just delay and stall as much as they can.

Hi All

I will be sending off my Letter to the FOS this Friday if I haven't heard from RBS aka Sandy Watt. I haven't called them but have emailed him last week to see what the progress of my claim was and the response I got was:

Dear Miss Lush

Thank you for your e-mail.

Having checked our database, we received your claim here on 3 May 2007, with

an acknowledgement letter issued to you, on 7 May.

Against that background, we will issue our response within the 8 week period

from the date of receipt of your claim.

Regards

Sandy watt

I have had absolutely no communication from him since and so the next phase is about to begin....remember to keep to the timetable you have set yourself and if you think it'll help then give them a call!!!

All the best everyone!

Lush ;)

Lush ;)

whilst persuing barclays i used to get really nervous about making a phone call to them. my advice to anyone wondering wether to or not is just go for it, make sure you have all dates and sums owing letters sent/ recieved in front of you take the bull by the horns and give em a call ( they are only people working in an office at the end of the day ) whats the worse they can say to you, the way i see it is whilst you keep calling it gives them the clear message you are not just gonna shut up, curl up n go away......

Thanks for your reply mr hamster, i wish i had known that sooner i would probably have got them by now anyway not to worry, if it does go to court ( if they dare !) i will be using your snippit of information to point out to the court that i have been more than patient with the bank.

Think i will send my LBA tommorrow n see if it rattles a few cages before i recieve my settlement offer. Cant do any harm let them know i am serious ;)

hi there kiff, on the barclays ack bit, they waited till the Very last minute with me, dunno how long you have been after barclays but personally when i got that far i wanted em to take me to court, the extra 8% was really worth the wait for me and the cheque was all the sweeter.....;):D . i waited until i had the court date till i called em....

Hi Muggles, I was also told 8 weeks by RBS, after nearly 10 weeks a letter offering about 10% (if you include the interst owed) so although I was awaiting offer on my other account I now have two RBS accounts in the court process. Incidentally I have had every penny owed by Lloyds after court action started. Dont let them believe they are in control, you are owed this money and they have acted illegally. Good luck!

Thanks barney i am onto them now, this site is brill just like going to the gym if you do it with a friend you are more likley to go cos when you dont want to theres always someone there to push you on again...

thanx all, carrying on with renewd gusto.....

watch this space....

hiya all just recieved a rather nice offer from rbs in the post this morning, but they are saying it wil be paid straight into the account...( this account was closed by them about 3 years ago) the over draft which we owed them has since beeen passed on to collectors. Do they seriously not check these things before getting in touch. i am going to give them a call later this week as i posted my LBA on Sat morning and recieved their offer letter sat afternoon. so as they have crossed in the post i will give em a couple of days to think about it. not sure if we will accept the offer yet i say go for the throat as i did with barclays but this is moh so will have to have a chat first. keep ya posted.;)

p.s to last post the offer is about £800 short as they are saying this amount excludes any packaged account fees eg royalties gold etc ( which i didnt claim for anyway) or interest paid then the usual letter everyone gets

• 2 weeks later...

hello muggles

I received an offer from rbs which i'm happywith, the settlement figure that is,they want to pay it into our account which we thought was closed cause the overdraft went to a collection agency do you know if we can insist on a cheque which is what we would really like

cheers

hello muggles

I received an offer from rbs which i'm happywith, the settlement figure that is,they want to pay it into our account which we thought was closed cause the overdraft went to a collection agency do you know if we can insist on a cheque which is what we would really like

cheers

Of course you can insist on a cheque, it is your money and you decide how it is refunded!

hiya crystal, you are in the exact same boat as i am we to had our account closed n sent to buccanon clarke n wells, from what i have been reading on other peoples threads stevenco is right

Of course you can insist on a cheque, it is your money and you decide how it is refunded!

You can ask, you can insist, it doesn't mean you are entitled to it or even that you will get it. Most banks so far have proven reluctant. Banks are entitled, legally for once, to offset charge refunds against debts owed.

On the other hand, there are cases that have been successful in getting a cheque albeit for lower amounts when there haven't been large debts involved.