Rec'd A Reply From The Rbs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received my statements over the last 6 years and was amazed the my charges totalled just over £7000!!!! i new over the last 18 months they hammered me for charges as i was unemployed for a while.

I sent my LBA and they responded with the following reply:

thankyou for your letter dated the 13 June 2006 and i appologise for any dissatisfaction caused by the application of charges to your account.

The bank believes that its charges are fair and reasonable and considers the amounts debited to your accounts have been applied strictly in accordance with the banks published tarriff. The bank is satisfied that this tariff complies with all applicable laws and regulations.

Against that background, the banks must differ with the views expressed in your letter. Accordingly, the charges have been applied to your account will stand.

We look forward to your continued payments of xxxx, next due xxxxxxxxxx

If you have any queries please contact us on the above number

Yours sincerley

Customer service manager

I have a loan so thats what the continued payments are. My question is:

Is this a standard response and should i stick to my time table and by the end of the month issue court proceedings or should i send another letter?

hope you can help

thanks

Lee

Was that 1st or 2nd letter you sent? If 1st, you need to send another one (which should be LBA now, so I'm confused as to what you sent?) If it IS the 2nd, then 14 days and sue. And yes, it is a standard letter. It is getting to the point where I recognise which bank by just reading their stock answer, lol!

lol i bet you see so many of the replies as well. I was mistaken it was my 1st letter, i will send the LBA letter tomorrow and state i am not happy with the reply, i will then probably get another standard letter back after that lol