Is anyone with payplan??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Suggest you discuss your situation with National Debtline on 0808 808-4000 and CCCS on 0800 138-1111.

Both are charities so no charge, both have good fact sheets (ND is better).

]

Let us know what they advise.

I have a DMP with CCCS.

Vandermerwe

Lou, I'm a bit confused over your message #8.

I couldn't have an IVA agreement as I'm retired, but that's by the way, I also don't like the sound of them - and there's a middleman to make big bucks along the way.

With a CCCS debt management plan you (and they) work out what you can afford from £5 per creditor per month. Let's say you owe £16,000 to 8 creditors which is £2,000 each and you can afford £200 per month.

They take that amount by debit order on the 1st of every month and pay it pro rata to the creditors. In other words if one creditor was owed £8,000 and the other 7 £1,000 that the first would get £100 per month and the other 7 a seventh of £100 each.

For me it has worked. No charges by CCCS whatever. Only a few minimal errors. I can check my payments each month on line.

They insist on a budget review every 9 - 12 months as well.

And, for some reason, they keep the DCAs off my back.

If you think I'm being helpful, give my scales a click and I'll follow this thread. The scales, by the way, are the grey blob between the green dot and the triangle at the bottom left.

Don't even think about bankruptcy! And if you win the lottery you can pay your DMP off in one go and make a donation to CAG (God bless them)

Best regards.

Van

• Haha 1

Morning jga.

Thanks for your PM.

I'm replying here rather than with a PM as I believe my message might just have interest for others - please don't take it amiss.

All I wish to do is to set out the principles of my CCCS debt management plan, the most important of which is their insistence on pro rata payments.

I pay them £xxx per month for y number of creditors. Each gets a minimum of £z per month, but the larger ones get £z plus. CCCS does the calculation, not me.

On the (rare) occasions I have had a greedy beggar come along demanding more I've replied (template letter on this forum) that the allocations are made on a pro rata basis as used by the county courts.

That has usually shut them up (including DCAs) but I have one to respond to again today.

I lost my business 18 months ago, put my head in the sand until I realised the effluvia wasn't going to go away. Can't remember why I called CCCS, but I got a counsellor who, as far as I know, is still there for me, but once I had set up the DMP I've never spoken to the same person twice which, in my case hasn't been a problem.

There is also a fairly reasonable on line communication service.

jga you owe it to yourself to give them a call; it'll cost you nothing and the beauty of the 0800 number I gave you is that they set up a time and day for a counsellor to call you back.

Give it a go and please do keep us posted - the messages on this forum have helped saved my sanity and given me a good laff (as my friend Pete would say) - but then I enjoy gallows humour!

You sound like a genuine bloke jga and that (I believe) is who this whole site is for.

Keep us posted - PM again if you wish.

Best regards and good luck.

Van