• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Dee V GE Money/First National

Guest deep
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6041 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all hope somebody can help

Just recieved response from First National / GE Money to LBA for £380 claim and query on account.

"Due to the length of time since the account was closed I am unable to determine the reason for the query registered on the account, I have therefore removed the query from the credit file records" Does this mean they have updated Credit Reference Agencies Files?

" As per my previous letter I am unable to agree to any refund of fees applied to the account" Previous letter stated blah blah - "As the OFT ruling did not include loan products, unfortunately these fees are valid and will not be removed." Next stage would be to file at court, However as I find it difficult to get to my court I have previously used MCOL but now MCOL are staying all cases defended, for all penalty charges not just bank accounts. Is it worth me going to my local court to file or is likely it will be stayed as well when defended. Unsettled to continue now as most courts staying awaiting result of test case. This seems really unfair for credit card and other loan cases when OFT case is only Banks, what are your thoughts please.

and advice

Kindest regards

Dee

Dee

Thanks Chris

My court is Teesside Combined Court and as yet is untested for stays.

So I am lobbing one in on Tuesday to test the water.

Kindest regards

Dee

Will update post, particularly for interest of Teesside Court

Thankyou

Kindest regards

Dee

Hi

Going to do N1 Form tonight.

What POC do I use for N1 claim (Cant find one in library for loan company)and is it an updated one after the OFT test case.

Hope someone can come along and advise please.

Kindest regards

Dee

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

you could use this and just alter it to show that it was a credit agreement. Also you could use some parts of the new POC's that you feel are relevant, then just post it on here if you require some more help.

Hi all :)

Unfortunately did not put N1 in last week as I didnt have funds until end of month.

I have tried to do my POC so it is evidently clear it is for A CC Claim.

Can any one advise me of the wording to use for "Brief details of claim" section so that it is apparant it is a CC Claim.

As yet it is not know if my court - Teeside combined court are staying claims. Does this mean that if it accepted by them when I take it in, will they let me know there and then if it will be stayed, and if not if I pay my fee can the court then order a stay at a later day.

Any advise appreciated

Kindest regards

Dee

Money claim for return of penalty charges applied to the Claimants CC account by the Defendant

Keep it simple Deep try this as your POC should spell out the rest

As for stays the court I'm not sure, but you could always ask at the court what there stance is. They should have an idea what the DG's are doing

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

2 letters received from court

1. Notice of Issue deemed to be served by 16th Sept

2. Acknowledgement of service has been filed. Defendant has 28 days from date of service o file a defence. Attached with Acknowledgement of Service by First National that they intend to defend all of this claim. Both dated 13th September.

I haven,t done a Loan claim before only Current account and CC. Both settled as soon as I filed at court.

Is their a link for a court bundle for loans?

Do I need to prepare this now.?

What will happen now?

Any help appreciated.

Kindest regards

Dee

:( Anybody there?

Anybody there? (Think that was an echo)

Seriously can anybody advise as post above.

Kindest regards

Dee

Hi Dee I Have had a good look around and can;t find anything specific for loans. However I did find this, I think it will do the job. The legal argument is the same you just need to change any reference to a bank account and show it as a credit/loan agreement then include all the other relevant evidance to support your argument. I hope this helps.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-

library/111522-advanced-court-bundle.html

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply, was starting to feel a bit lonely in this forum.

If I get stuck with bundle can I shout for you please.

I have never got to court bundle stage before as my other claims have always been settled as soon as I started claim. This was before the OFT test case though.

What should I expect to happen now?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Kindest regards

Dee

Hi Dee

From what I have read you will be instructed to supply copies of your bundle. You take two to court IE yours and the courts then you post one to the defendants sols. Their sols should do the same, so you should get a copy of their bundle. the bundles should contain everything that you and them will rely on in court.

You should Write to their sols while you are waiting for a court date and try and get them to settle, this is done to show the court that you have tryed everything to settle out of court and not waste the courts time. This will add some weight to your argument.

Keep a close eye on dates and court directions, If they don't keep to the courts timescales write to the court and try and get the defence set aside.;)

You can always give me a shout and i'll do my best to help:)

Thanks Chris

think I am getting a bit confused.

First National Acknowledged with intention to defend claim on 13th September 2007. they have 28 days to file defence. Which will take up to 11th October. I haven,t heard anything at all as yet. How long will I have to prepare my court bundle when they do file there defence.:???:

Kindest regards

Dee

You have loads of time. They have to file their defence. The court will advise you that they have submitted their defence. and advise you of the next stage. They will give you plenty of time. You can always ring the court to ask their advice. Good luck.

• Haha 1

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.