nona V Halifax * * SETTLED * *

nona
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6464 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is so much info to take in! I am new to this. Have i got it right? Firstly, I need to sent the DAP letter including my details to the data controller at Halifax PLC at Trinity Road?

Any advice gratefully received

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome

Yes send the DPA letter + £10 . They have up to 40 days to reply.

While you're waiting read the FAQs and step by step guide. You might want to print them out so they're always at hand.

Follow other halifax threads so you can understand the process and the various stages involved and know what to expect.

Any problems or questions, just ask in your thread.

Good luck.

Thanks!!

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 3 weeks later...

I have received my bank statements today so will now start to go through them adding up the charges. Then I need to send the Halifax a letter claiming he charges but NOT claiming any interest at thi stage. Is this correct?? :confused:

Also do I need to send a copy of the excel sheet with the charges entered on it?:confused:

All advice gratefully received.

Then I need to send the Halifax a letter claiming he charges but NOT claiming any interest at thi stage. Is this correct?? :confused: .

There are two different instances of interest that you can claim

1. When you go overdrawn the bank will charge you interest, perfectly lawfully.

However if part of your overdraft is made up of penalty fees, they are also charging you interest on these too and it is this interest which you are entitled to claim back and it's tricky to separate out from the total interest figure.

Vampiress has a spreadsheet,( the 2nd one) in the bank templates library, which attempts to calculate this

It's quite complex and unless your claim is large often doesn't amount to that much, so for simplicity's sake, some people don't bother

2. 8% interest can be added to your claim ,but not untill you submit a claim at moneycalim

Also do I need to send a copy of the excel sheet with the charges entered on it?:confused:

Yes, but without the 8% calculation

Thanks again!

Fiona

This site is fantastic but there is just soooo much to take in. I have received my statements for the last 6 years and charges look like amounting to over £4000!:-o:mad: However on the statements the charges are just "charges as notified"-they don't specify wht the charges are for. Is it OK to put charges as notified on the spreadsheet or do i need to find out what each charge is for?

Thanks for help received so far :)

I have read loads of stuff but just want to double check everything:oops:

Also reading round the forum, Halifax seem to have been remarkably accomodating in their sending out the statements-especially as in my panic i forgot to send the request by recorded delivery! Is it because of my very large claim do you think? HAve they something up their sleeve??

Also, sorry, On the prelim letter do i count the 14 days from the date of the letter?

Also, do i need to open another bank account somewhere in case halifax close mine? I have another account wih them-a cardcash account. Would they close that as well?

Oh God, I thought i had got to grips with this!!:oops: :oops:

10/07/06 Have posted prelim letter to day by recorded delivery. Will keep you informed of progress

This site is fantastic but there is just soooo much to take in.

That's why you need to keep reading, reading, reading.

However on the statements the charges are just "charges as notified"-they don't specify wht the charges are for. Is it OK to put charges as notified on the spreadsheet or do i need to find out what each charge is for?

If that's all it says that's all you need to put

Also reading round the forum, Halifax seem to have been remarkably accomodating in their sending out the statements-especially as in my panic i forgot to send the request by recorded delivery! Is it because of my very large claim do you think? HAve they something up their sleeve??

Yes, your money

Also, sorry, On the prelim letter do i count the 14 days from the date of the letter?

Yes, 14 calendar days

Also, do i need to open another bank account somewhere in case halifax close mine? I have another account wih them-a cardcash account. Would they close that as well?

Unlikely, but if you're concerned open aparachute a/c. See in the General forum for a complete list of alternatives

Thanks for help so far!

Halifax signed for my Prelim letter this morning. I pretty much know what to expect next, and have the LBA letter prepared!

Counting the days ...

Nona

Still waiting for response from Halifax.

schoolboy error alert

my moneyclaim includes all interest charged as i believe this is more than it costs them. will this harm my claim?

worried now.

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

you are further on than me, but i think you can add the 8% interest on the moneyclaim form, but not any overdraft charges unless they wre caused by unfair charges.

Have another read of the FAQ's and threads of those who have had claims settled.

Goood luck

most of the overdraft was caused by charges so i will leave them on. if halifax get ****y, i will just let them repay the actual penalties plus 8%

only £13.00 of £700 anyway!

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

Hi,

I'd like to help. I've created some spreadsheets, one of which will calculate the interest on charges that has been applied to your account and then calculate the 8% on top.

Interested?

I used your spreadsheet to enter my 90 (yes 90)charges, but without the interest calculation and sent it with my prelim letter. At the next stage I will neeed to use the one with the interest, but aas the whole issue of interest is soooo confusing I may need further help-when I get to that stage. I've read and re-read so much info, but interest and hard maths generally I'm not very good at!

Still, as I havn't heard from Halifax yet I'm hopeful that they will just pay up my £4000 without a drawn out battle:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D

Grateful for all support received so far. It's easy to get the jitters:-(

Just changing title of thread

You can't. I did it for you. :-)

HAve received letter and leaflet to day saying they will look into it get back to me within 4 weeks. On the Step by step it says to continue with the LBA as planned, but will it need to be reworded?

Could you just add

"positively"

after respond, in the opening sentence which says

"...failed to respond to my letter..."

Also can I send it now or should I wait until 24th, my original 14 day deadline?

Thnx all

nona x

Just changing title of thread

You can't. I did it for you. :-)

Thanks Bookworm:p

Latest;

I have been paper free banking for about 2 years now, but have received a letter this morning informing me that i am over my agreeed overdraft limit. It is signed by Matthew Ball, Senoir collections manager.

This is the first paper communication i have had for ages (except the response to my prelim letter)

Is this significant does anyone think??

LBA letter to go on Monday. My claim is so large I'm sure they're going to defend it to make an example:(

Nona

Update

I have just sent the LBA by recordrd delivery

Update

I sent the LBA on Monday, 1st class, recorded deliver. On the royalmail web track and trace there is still no info for the letter(ie it hasn't been delivered yet)

Does this mean i have to put my deadline back? I have proof of posting so should i assume they got it 2 days after i posted it even though it doesn't say so on the tracka nd trace. I don't want Halifax to wriggle of it by saying i didn't give them the full 14 days to comply.

Thanks all

keep to the 14 days, does it take 2 weeks to recive and print a sod off letter? no. 14 days is long enough!

keep to the 14 days, does it take 2 weeks to recive and print a sod off letter? no. 14 days is long enough!

Yer you're right! 14 days it is:p

Thanks

BTW what is a tesco r & rer?

hell,

still no word (no letters, no phone calls, no derisory offer-nothing!!!) from Halifax and no sign of LBA being delivered on the royal mail website. Tried phoning but its just an automated message. Tried e mailing but it just keeps putting you back to the FAQ page and says get back to us if it hasn't arrived in 15 days:-x

GRRRR, any way i was just about to e mail matthew ball to see if Halifax could tell me whether they have received it or not, but that would then give them the opportunity to say they've not received it so 7th Aug would not be a reasonable time (14 days)for them to respond. Should i go down this route? Or just assume they have received it?:confused:

Dont know what to do:-(