Help with Debanhams

CIMA LOVER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, let me fill you in my situation. Basically I never paided my store card because I was in hosiptal and I totally forgot about it.

Now I didnt pay for 12 months in a row, so my credit file looks likes this

S000000005466654323210000000

S = the account was settled for the full amount on 17/07/2004

But this seems a TOTAL money making scheme, and im sure any Judge would agree. I understanding after missing 6 payments a default should have been issued. So my file should look like this

SD6543210000000

D = Defaults issued.

But instead of doing this, Debanhams seemed to change the status on my credit history so they could carry on charging me.

HOW WILL THEY BE ABLE TO JUSTIFY THIS IN A COURT ROOM??

Dear all, thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I need some information regarding the adverse payment information that GE Money (Debanhams store card) has placed on my credit file.

Basically..... GE Money has placed the following markers in my credit file due to 12 non-payments. The account is now SETTLED and closed.

Please see a link here to see what my file looks like!

[/url]

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5149/ch2kd.jpg

(I am going to place the same information vertically so that I can put some dates for each of the payments markers)

5 = May 2004

4 = April 2004

6 = March 2004

6 = February 2004

6 = January 2004

5 = December 2003

4 = November 2003

3 = October 2003

2 = September 2003

3 = August 2003

2 = July 2003

1 = June 2003

Now as I am a student I had two addresses, One address for my actual main home (based in London where I live permentantly with my parents), and another address for my University Halls of Resident (based in Leicester)

Now in May 2003, I phoned up Debanhams and told them that I was moving address from my University address (Leicester) as my tenancy agreement had ended (I have a copy of this) back to my actual home address (London) and if they could please update there systems, and send all my statements to the new address.

I waited until June 2003 and never received any statement. I then rang them again several times to no avail, and several months down the line they still hadn't sent me a statement (I presume they still were going to my Leicester address, which I no longer had access to)

Finally in June 2004 (exactly 1 whole year later) I finally received a letter for Viking Debt Collection Agency demanding a payment of £700 (this comprised of £245 charges and a balance of £445) ( I have paid this amount in FULL)

Is there anything I can do about this??? Sure this is there mistake for not sending the statements to the right address, and then destroying my credit history.

1 point that I must mention is that from my understanding a default notice must be severed before an account is passed to a DCA. (as you can see there is no "D" marker on my file, only very late payments) Can I use this to my advantage??

Dave, Bankfodder would be really interest in what you have to say about.