V Abbey

siterly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been following other peoples experiences on this thread for a couple of months and have been mightily impressed.

My experience with the Abbey is as follows:

28 March - requested bank charges information

04 April - Abbey acknwledge my request

28 April - receive copy statements pack

02 May - request a refund of charges - £1192 plus interest - hear nothing

18 May - sent LPA

21 May - receive letter sorry...... sod off........ but will review in 4 weeks

22 May - Issue action via Moneyclaim website for £1418

05 June - Receive letter from Abbey solicitors, DLA Piper Rudnick

06 June - respond to Piper Rudnick with all relevant info including charges dates, amounts and interest calculations

07 June - receive further letter from Abbey.....sod off again

15 June - receive a "without prejudice" letter from solicitors, DLA Piper Rudnick enclosing a copy of their defence and offering "as a gesture of goodwill" on behalf of Abbey, 50% of the charges and interest plus court fee.

16 June - Notice from Northampton Court informing me that proceedings have been transferred to my local court in Sussex together with an allocation questionairre and a request for a further £100 fee.

1) Do I have to complete this allocation questionairre

2) Do I have to accept the transfer of court proceedings

3) Given I have already paid court fees of £120, do I have to pay the additional £100

I would appreciate your views and opinions to the above - thanks

Ditto Michael Browne but I would add

1. the allocation questionnaire must be completed as the claim will lapse without (I think) but you have a date to submit it. We have decided to tell DLA Piper we will submit on 21st unless they offer full settlement and you could try something similar if you wish and still have time.

2. transfer to a local court is assumed to be to your benefit. If not suitable try ringing the court up to ask about the options.

3. a payment is due with the allocation questionnaire but is recoverable from Abbey if they settle.

We are at a very similar position. Have a look at our thread if you want some further information.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1889

Good luck with the claim

• 3 weeks later...

Sent the N149 allocation questionnaire to my local county court before the due date of 5 July with a copy to DLA Piper.

Good news is I didn't have to pay an additional £100 as the claim is less than £1500.

As of today, I have received nothing from DLA Piper, should I be expecting to see a copy of their completed N149?