• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ruthbridge - help needed urgently

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

had a lletter this morning addressed to "the Occupior" from Express Deliverys so I phoned them up - they said they had some legal documents from Ruthbridge Debt Collectors to send me so are going to send them. I've googled Ruthbridge which has the same address as Express Deliverys ??? and now I am scared stiff - what legal documents, what can they do, I'm at the end of my tether and am sat hear crying. What do you they mean by legal documents - will I have to go to court. I don;t know what debt it is for and I just can;t go on anymore. please can somebody help me????

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your replys - I'm dealing with other DCA's (thanks to this site and have had great help and support, all CCA request gone and even some non-compliance letters) - I think it was just the methods used by Ruthbridge that got me. When I first rang they said they were a courier company who delivered parcels, packages etc and that they were holding something for me so of course, being stupid and naive, gave them my mobile number. I rang back again as something didn't seem right and after fobbing me off for a while they said they had legal documents from Ruthbridge so I searched Google for Ruthbridge and it came up with the same address etc. They have called my mobile but it was switched off and they left a message saying they were from Ruthbridge Legal Dept - abolute w*nkers (sorry for swearing). Will have to get a new sim card I suppose.

I don;t know where my other threads are - they might need joining together as they are so may DCA's on my back and I'm not sure where to turn next or what to do and I feel like I;m bothering everyone - not sure - anway just wanted to say thanks, will await the "legal documents" with interest and keep you updated.

Legal papers my b*ttom:-x

Letter arrived this morning

Litigation & Enforcement Centre

We have been instructed by the above named company to recover this outstanding debt.

To avoid addittional costs and interest being applied to your account it is necessary for you to contact this centre to arranghe a time for an agent to call upon you,

If you have not established contact with this department within the enxt 7 days our legal agent may call at the above address with a view to either, serving papers or to arrange repayment.

All appointments must be booked on the above telephone mumber.

Yours sincerely

Jason evans

LEGAL DEPARTMENT

Where are the legal documents??? :-x Stupid :-x "people"

I am not going to book an appointment,I am not going to contact them, I am going to CCA them, is this correct? Can they serve papers - I don't think they can, can they?

Am very cross now :-x - their tactics are terrible

Hi

An going to send a CCA request for this tomorrow, just wanted to know should I mention their tactics, ie -saying they were a courier company etc, or ask for a complaint procedure in with then CCA request. Not sure if I should or if I should how I would word it.

Any advice much appreciated, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My CCA request to Ruthbridge was signed for on the 3rd and I have received a letter dated the same date headed "Without Prejudice" and more or less saying that I have ignored all attempts to resolve the matter and they are adving their client to commence bankrupty proceedings etc etc. It actually states "If you do not co-operate fully you could be declared bankrupt immediately" Signed by Jason Evans but pre-printed signature.

Now, is this just scare tactics? have they sent this letter before or after they have read my CCA request? Or is it in response to my CCA request?

Bit confused as to what I shoudl do next - sit tight and wait for the next letter or will they go ahead and start bankrupty proceedings etc. The debt is for £1447.88 if that helps at all. Any advice much apprecited, thank you.

• 1 month later...

Please help - really worried

Received another letter from Ruthbridge stating that bankruptcy proceedings are due to be commenced against me for recovery of the outstanding balance together with costs and interests unless i pay a settlement of about £200 less than the amount I owe by 29/07/2007. The letter is signed by that nice man Jason Evans who can't even be bothered to sign the letter personally (pre printed signature)

I cca'd them on 30 July so I guess now they are in default as they have not provided a CCA

Please tell me this is just scare tactics /standard letter and advise what I should do next - just leave it until the 12+2+30 days have passed or write them another letter, any advice most welcome as am sat here in tears worried sick.

• 3 weeks later...

CCA signed for the 3rd August and have now received another letter from Jason Evans - hes a busy man isn't he?

He is now offering to let me pay £55 a month before they start legal proceedings :confused: They haven't provided a CCA, what should I do next, send them the non-compliance letter?

If it was signed for on the 3rd surely the 12+2+30 days are up now?? Not sure, can anybody please advise, thank you

Thanks OCD

is there a standard letter to ask for a copy of their complaints procedures? Meaning should I say more in the letter or do I just write and ask for a copy? Sorry for being a pest

Can they now pass it onto another DCA - I'm not sure if they have "bought" the debt or are just acting "n behalf" of the creditor.

I will report them to TS - not at the very least for sending me a letter saying they had a parcel for me meaning that the foolish me phoned them up :evil: though they haven't contacted me by phone since the first phonecall though.

• 2 months later...

Its now been approx 2 months since I requested Ruthbridges Complaint procedure - to which I have had no reply - no letters or anything.

What should be my next step bem if anything, should I report them, if so who to or just let it go? My only worry is that the "alleged" debt will be passed to another DCA - or can Ruthbridge do this?

Not sure how to proceed, any thoughts greatly received.................

Thanks 42Man, i will do that.

One question that I've searched for and cant quite seem to find a straight answer to is:-

If a DCA has failed to provide a CCA within the timescale given and you are receiving no correspondance from them, then the debt, in effect, still exists, so can they pass the account back to the OC who can then instruct a different DCA to collect? What I mean to say, for example, in this case Ruthbridge cannot supply me with a CCA - so I will report them, however the OC will still want their money so to speak so whats to stop the OC from passing the debt to another DCA? The OC haven't (I imagine) committed an offence so there seems to be nothing stopping THEM from passing the debt on to another CCA - or am I missing something?

Please forgive me if I sound stupid - I just need to hear it all in basic terms :oops:

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Bank again regarding this DCA - no contact for months after I asked for their complaint procedure then this morning brings a letter saying my account has been referred to their Debt Counselln Service where their trained Counsellers will be able to assist me in agreeing an affordable repayment scheme.

If I dont do this they will pas the debt onto theirDebt Enforcement Division??

Any ideas folk - I thought I'd seen the last of this DCA - no CCA has been produced at any time...............

Thank you

I think I've now got to the stage that I do want to/need to report them.

Whilst I am doing that, should I respond to this latest letter and if so, what should I say?

• 4 months later...

Just an update, no reply from Ruthless for asking for a copy of their complaints procedure - no suprise there then! In fact no contact at all but upon reporting them to TS, I find that TS are not willing to help, I guess my next port of call if the OFT, is this correct?