• Tweets

• I wasn't going to name them a if I had no standing, I  didn't want to slur their name, but nothing I have written is not factual, and of course, "woefully inadequate" is my opinion only., Others may differ.   It is Onestream and yes, I purchased it onlline. Oddly, I have some package that is supposed to give me a higher level of onsite engineer support, but I don't think they have met that, either. Will have to check. I have opened an offical complaint with them and of course they are not prepared to move on it.   Apols for the tardy response - I was travelling with work and have not great access to personal email at that time (only have a tablet, and fat fingers and tablets don't mix well).   Thanks, JA
    • scan barclays.pdfscan barclays.pdfscan barclays.pdf Thanks - scan pdf attached.
    • I have yet to know of someone who’s got that. Everyone I know or have heard of on these forums has just ignored and so far nothing. Touch wood that remains.  just ignore- you’ve tried and they just don’t cooperate. 
    • The council have been very helpful, shockingly, so the tax is all on hold until further notice.  However, he keeps passing the dementia tests with flying colours like we all knew he would, he's a very intelligent man and he seems perfectly lucid at times, but the severe and rapid decline in his ability to complete some simple tasks or even acknowledge there's a problem in some areas i.e. his finances, diet, medication and personal hygiene. Without this or the POA we're still fighting them off one by one.  The bailiffs are still hounding him in some instances, but my cousin is fending them off as much as he can with your advice.  More letters are coming weekly though and an arrangement was made for him to pay one of them when they turned up one morning for his car. He turned the carers away the first day they turned up not understanding who they were or why they were there, so without them he is reverting to hoarding food and ignoring the letters. We are all too far away to police it all on a weekly basis.  It's not going to get any better, so it's just a waiting game until he fails the next round of memory tests or the authorities have to step in.  
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Sharkie - V - MBNA ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5946 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a MBNA account for many years, have always run it up and paid it off, a while back because of a late payment with our mortgage (due to C & G not collecting money after a bank change) they decided to put the account into suspense, although we continued to pay the minimum (the balance was only around £900) each statement stated a credt limit of £4500 with a balance available to spend.

We didn't need the account so when I brought the account into credit I assumed they would then take the account out of suspense, within a couple of days I received a phone call left on the answer phone from MBNA asking me to contact them, when I did no one would admit to the call, I asked what condition my account was now in, and they stated that as I had now brought the account up to date they considered it closed, I did ask how it can be closed in credit having received a statement stating my credit limit and available to spend amount, they have stated it was a part of the terms and conditions of the account.

Unable to get an answer I asked for a complete list of transactions and charges from my account, they suggested statements I did inform them that this was a S.A.R. after being shuffled to several people I have received quite a few statements (all sent in seperate envelopes and now it has dried up).

I have written confirming my S.A.R.

Now having read quite a few threads on MBNA they seem to be making thier own rules.

Any ideas on the account rule etc.

Sharkie

• 1 month later...

Having first received approximately 3 years of statements, having spoken to them I then chased the remaining in writing, also asking for them to refund the £75 the charged for the statements they had sent, they ran to the end of the 40 day limit without supplying the remainder.

Soon after sending a warning letter regarding their non compliance when the complete listing turned up, along with a letter offering "as a goodwill gesture" about 40%, as full and final settlement stating it would be credited to my account, however a few days letter a cheque has arrived.

Now I have not agreed to this, I have not signed anything, I had not even sent them the preliminary request.

I have won all my other cases but have never received an offer (including the money) without asking.

Obviously I will carry on for the full amount, but do I keep the cheque and send letter accepting it as part payment, or do I send it back.

Anybody else had this.

Sharkie

My advice would be to keep the cheque.....but use one of the template letters stating that you accept the cheque as a part of the settlement only, and that you still intend to persue them for the rest of the claim.

This sounds typical of MBNA, they do tend to send out offers (in my case they credited my account) in the very very early stages. I wouldn't be suprised if you get another offer a little way down the line.

Don't worry, keep going, you are doing everything right.

Did you receive credit for the £75 they took for the statements? You definately need to push for this........ It is a stat. charge of £10 and they know that.....

I see a bit of a pattern here..... you received your first payment without having to ask for it, therefore I am guessing that you have had your account with them for some time? maybe 5 or 6 years+ ? Normally I would suggest that you should send off for your CCA. However as your account is closed I don't beleive that they have to provide you with it. maybe someone could confirm this?? If the account is still open however, CCA them.... They won't have it, and it seems to provide good leverage with them....

Next step; work out your charges, plus interest (according to your most recent statement, in many cases it is 24.9%) send them the prelim approach for repayment, manipulate the rejection template letter and add it to the end of the prelim letter. Stating u are persuing £xx plus £xx in interest, Total £XX minus £XX which you received on the DATE and you thank them very much for! and you are still claiming for £XX

Good luck!

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Account is still open, they havn't credited the £75 I will persue this, as I said I wasn't expecting them to send a cheque without even asking. I will be sending the rejection letter ASAP with my schedule.

MBNA very strange.

Sharkie

I am pleased the account is still open. Send off for your CCa, letter is in the templates...................... £1 and recorded delivery

xxx

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

• 1 month later...

I have now received a very small copy of a copy of my original application form, the payment protection cover states £0.68 per £100, on balances under £1000 they have been rounding it up to the nearest £100, however over that I cannot calculate how they have arrived at the fee.

Anybody got any ideas

Sharkie

Sharkie - V - Woolwich = Won

Sharkie - V - Sainsbury's Visa = Won

Sharkie - V - HSBC = Won

Sharkie - V - Halifax = Won

Sharkie

• 3 months later...

Settled in full.

This one was the easiest, now for the PPI.

Sharkie

Sharkie - V - HSBC = Won

Sharkie - V - MBNA = Won

Sharkie

• 2 weeks later...
Settled in full.

This one was the easiest, now for the PPI.

Sharkie

Sharkie - V - HSBC = Won

Sharkie - V - MBNA = Won

Talk about on a mission!

Sorry i've only come to this at the end, but well done :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Thanks hopeful.

Have to say, although I fell out with MBNA sometime before I claimed, they did roll over extremely easily.

I think the PPI will be hard, I compiled my listing and requested it back + interest.

Received a long reply from (computer generated) Gail Powell Vice President, nice to know I am so important.

Letter states "our records show that the PPC was applied to your account following your request at the time of completing your application".

They never sent me a copy of my CCA, I just received a copy of a copy of my application form, some boxes have properly defined ticks eg on status, employment etc. some are just a dash across the box, I can't remember if I did it or not.

Their argument is if I was unhappy paying for it then why did I not stop it, which is a fair statement, however it is not until you start to look into it that you realise what little cover it gives and how much you pay for it.

So what next.

Sharkie

Sharkie - V - HSBC = Won

Sharkie - V - MBNA = Won

If this has been of any help, and or support click on the scales.

Sharkie

Forgot to mention.

The letter is supposed to have come from the "Vice President", however they have put completely the wrong account number on the letter.

Sharkie

Sharkie - V - HSBC = Won

Sharkie - V - MBNA = Won

If this has been of any help, and or support click on the scales.

Sharkie

The fact is that the PPI was obviously never discussed or explained. You may not have realised the PPI was not compulsory if it wasn't discussed with you, it's only recent media attention that made you realise your rights.

They have not even got an agreement to clarify the terms that you agreed to.

This thread gives some good info:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/61081-ppi-some-notes-claimants.html

;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.