We want our money back Nat West *** WON ***

wemfish
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello and welcome to the NW forum

geeze you guys really were stung hard. to get that kind of money back your going to need to split the charges into categories to reduce the individual claims to less than 5K each. ( to keep them in the Small Claims Court) loads of info available about how to do that. you will have to keep reading. esp the FAQs

as for new accounts, they are all pretty much as bad as each other! BUT check out www.uswitch.com and the Which website www.which.co.uk which will give you impartial advice about comparing rates etc.

really hope you succeed, which you will now you're here!

Good luck

kate:)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...... yes that can be tricky. How bad is the credit record. Some banks offer a step account with no cards etc, pretty useless but better than nowt.

also seek further advice from which about accounts available for people with poor credit history.

However, dont get too stressed, it is pretty unlikely that they will close the accounts, read mountain of debts thread and rbrears, they got back alot and weren't asked to hand back cards or anything. good recent victories you should read. scroll down a couple of pages to find.

the 'parachute' account is a safeguard against having no bank account at all.

+ worst case you get back all your money and natwest kick you out. with that kind of sum, i'm sure mr bank manager may rethink.........!;-)

kate

technically if both accounts are with same bank and same account holders then the bank should supply all data held about you for 1 £10 DPA request.

However if the account is business then you need to do it seperately.

They also refused to give me my credit card info and said i should approach card services direct for that info.

if one is sole name and the other is joint, they might make you request seperately.

Kate

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Wemfish

Its the £10 for both accounts. They recently sent me the same letter to send out all statements for 3 accounts for the one DPA fee. They returned 2 of my cheques and 2/3 of the statements have now arrived.

Crack on with adding up and send them your preliminary letter, which you do keep separate for each account.

best of luck:)

• 3 months later...

Hold tight Wem!

Natwest have a tendency to submit their defence at the 11th hour. I received mine on the very last day.:mad:

It's at this stage that they start making 'proper' partial offers (roughly half) which is really encouraging.

loads of luck mate and let us know......

• 1 month later...
Got a check in the post for the full amount WooHoo!! :D:D

As we are overdrawn about 2500, is it safe to pay the check in to the bank?? or will they just take the lot against the overdaft??

CONGRATULATIONS WEM!

Unfortunately Natwest are within their rights to insist that payment is offset against overdraft:mad:

My payment had an account number on it, does yours?