Sainsburys CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ah Sainsbury's Bank, don't you just love them...not! Bathgatebuyer, I'm in a very similar position to you, now been a year since I CCA'd them, they sent an application form and T&C's relevant at last year's date :) I've written and written to them advising they are in default, they continue to say they have complied, my account is now with Blair Oliver & Scott who I've informed I will not deal with, they have not sent me a copy of their complaints procedure which I requested in April, and they have advised me that the F&F offer I made to them (it was made to Sainsbury's not BOS) is not acceptable and that they don't do reduced F&F settlement. Now in the processing of reporting them to FOS. The only good think now is I think they've stopped adding interest and charges which have so far amounted to over £1K.

Good luck, I hope you get the outcome you want, but fear it might take a while longer yet! :)

Have they not transferred you over to the joys that are Blair Oliver & Scott yet? They are a real bunch of muppets, who (rather like Barclaycard in my opinion) think they can do what they want with total disregard to any Acts etc.

Thankfully we are not looking to move in the foreseeable future and have just been in the enviable position of being able to pay off all our loans and a hefty chunk of the mortgage due to an inheritence, I could quite easily have repaid all my outstanding debts to the credit card companies, however as none of them have played ball with me during my time of financial difficulties and not one of them provided the correct CCA agreement, I felt no loyalty to them in the slightest.

I am making some headway with Barclaycard at the moment I offered a F&F, they refused but said they would settle at £X amount, which admittedly was a lower figure than when I went onto reduced payments so they have taken all the charges etc off, however it is still more than I can afford, so i've gone back with what I feel is a good compromise and I hope to hear from them shortly.

I would happily make a joint complaint against Sainsburys/BOS and if we can get more to join us that old saying might come true, "there is strength in numbers".!

• 2 months later...

Sainsburys are just a complete nightmare, in fact I think they might even be worse than Barclaycard. Saying that I found the FOS to be pretty useless too, I complained about Blair Oliver & Scott and they contacted Sainsburys' then replied to me saying Sainsburys had already sent their final response and if I wanted to complain about BOS I had to send another form? Work that one out. I will have another go when I get back from holiday.

I think it goes to show that no matter how plainly we write to Sainsburys, they just don't read the letters, whether its just that they employ idiots or they are just inundated with complaints I don't know. I hope you get it sorted. Barclaycard refunded me some interest and over limit fees when they realised they'd sent me the wrong documentation and I didn't even ask for it (however they soon started adding it again when they sent what they thought was the right documents).

I'm so fed up with Sainsbury's now and their constant threats, that i've written to them saying, if you think you've sent me the correct documents, take me to court and we'll soon see whose right! I haven't heard from them for a while now, although suspect they will crawl out of the woodwork again before too long.

Good luck :)

• 3 weeks later...

Probably trying to sell you a loan :D

We had a letter from the Halifax about our mortgage when we got back from holiday, saying that if we would like to pay all our mortgage off they won't charge us any early repayment charge....shame they didn't offer us that when we paid £65K off it earlier this year, might write and ask them to refund what they charged us...seems like they want to get rid of all their mortgages!

I haven't heard from Sainsbury's Bank or BOS for ages now, sure they must be up to something, just received a statutory demand from 1st Credit though for my Citi account which i'm going to have to try and get set aside, it never seems to end does it, one disappears and another one creeps out of the woodwork.

Good luck :)

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

I'm sure these people are in the back pockets of the banks/credit card companies. Sorry you didn't get the response you hoped for. Must admit I'm still paying Sainsbury's, I often think I should stop, but at least they are not hassling me at the moment and nor are they adding interest and charges anymore, I am of the mind to let sleeping dogs lie, once they start their threats again, I might think again!