handyteeth v nationwide

handyteeth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6150 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am about to take the step of going to court with my (very small) claim, and I wondered if someone could confirm that I have done everything right so far and that I am doing the right thing.

Action so far:

First letter asking for money back: letter sent back declining.

Second letter threatening court: exact same letter sent again.

Third letter giving final chance: no reply after 14 days.

I am now about to claim for £60 plus interest through Moneyclaim. I know its not a lot of money in the grand scheme of things but I am a student and I figure what's mine is mine, and they must be more likely to settle for a smaller amount. Should I go ahead?

Another question: in my first two letters, I was claiming for £40 for two charges, but because of a strange delay on there part since then another charge has been applied to my account. I updated my third letter to take this into account, upping the claim to £60 (this letter had no response). Is it OK to claim the full £60, even though I have technically only asked for the third charge to be refunded once?

Many thanks for your great help,

Andy

Hiya,

Whether its a large or small amount, its still your money. Go for it.... the full £60. Hold off court if you have any more pending charges until they are debited from your account. You can then add them on too. If not, file your claim ASAP.

Good luck!

K.:)

Kelly

Settled: Nationwide £372.55

Before you do anything read this:

Guide to Reclaiming Bank Charges

Most questions can be answered by checking out these links:

Frequently Asked Questions

Step by step instructions

Letter Templates

And don't forget to use the search facility! Chances are your question has already been answered on another thread. Good luck