Wednesday vs Mint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From the date your claim was deemed served on them, they have 14 days (till 27th) to acknowledge your claim and 28 days (10th Sept) to submit their defence. :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

In my my case they responded straight away by saying that they would defend the case which was a bit worrying. This I now believe is standard practice as it gives them more time to look at each case. About a week or so later I then got an offer of a full refund saying that it was not economically viable to do anything else.

What POC did you end up using by the way?

In light of the automatic stays my strategy fell apart and the POC I have prepared is way too light for an N1. I would have liked to use the solicitor prepared POC for RBS but it targeted strictly to current accounts...

Thanks

Hi I am also pursuing Mint for charges to my account. Last week 23/08/07 I was awarded judgement against them by default. They did the standard thing - acknowledged the claim and requested time to defend it.

However, as yet I have recieved no payment from them and am unsure how to proceed? Does anyone have any idea?

I should note that during the time of my letters to them and the court claim, I was served a default notice on my account and the account is now closed - so Im assuming they have to send me a cheque, if they just remove the amount awarded me from my credit card bill am I entitled to reject this, and ask for a cheque?

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Hi

If you have had a judgement in your favour by default then I would have thought that the best thing would be to get on the phone to them (try their litigation department at 1 Princes Street, London on 0207 714 4449) as they have to pay you now and I am sure that they will not want a judgement registered against them. The person that I spoke to there was very helpful.

In my case, my account was already paid off in full and closed before I began my claim so they sent me a cheque as I did not owe them any money. If you still owe them anything then I would have thought that they would put towards what you owe and credit your account.

• 3 weeks later...