Kieran Mac v Abbey

Kieran Mac
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6104 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

First post on CAG even though I'm at the stage of making a claim. Great information in other posts from the Abbey and Northern Ireland forums and have helped me a lot up 'til now. I've received the usual Dear John letters from Abbey and it's over the 14 days since my second letter to them, so here goes. I have registered on the NI small claims site and intend to submit my claim on Monday. I have charges of £2197 though I'm from Northern Ireland so can only apply for up to £2000. Can anyone confirm this is before interest is added, thought I read someone adding interest to a claim of just under £2000 to take it over £2000 but can't find the thread now. Thanks in advance for any help and advice given whilst I fight to get back what's rightfully mine.

Kieran. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update

I have submitted my claim online to the NI court service and after receiving the 'do I wish to proceed with the claim here or in England' question as other Abbey customers from NI have previously reported, my claim has been started and my small claims pack is on it's way to me by post. Hooray

No doubt when it arrives, I'll have plenty of questions but looking forward to the court battle :D

• 3 weeks later...

Further update

Abbey, via their solicitor, Arthur Cox, filed a notice of dispute and the on-line claims facility was updated four days ago along with news that the court was tranferring the case. Today I received hearing notification and the hearing will be on the 12th September.

Wow, I wasn't expecting things to move this fast but bring it on.

I have a few questions for anyone out there who can help me. First, in the events type it refers to a small claims pack on 16th July. I was expecting something sent out to me, is this the case or is this the court information sent to the respondant only?

Secondly, should I make up a court bundle now and send it off immediately or is there anything else I should do first?

Lastly, beside the wording 'hearing notification' it states in brackets (1ST LISTING WORDING), what does this mean?

Thanks for any help

• 1 month later...

Update

Court date tomorrow and no word from Abbey or their solicitors. Guess I'll see them at court then. I'm assuming Abbey will ask the magistrate for a stay. Does anyone know the procedure and what I will have to do? Should I argue against the stay? Has anyone else been in this situation recently, especially in Northern Ireland. Any advice at this stage would be greatly welcomed.