Johnd3 vs Abbey

johnd3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I thought I'd better start a thread in the Abbey forum as things seem to be moving forward. I started following the advice in Moneysaving.com and just recently found this site. I've already had my list of charges etc from Abbey and sent in a request for a refund. Had a letter at 4 wks and another at 8 wks. So this week I sent them the court warning letter by recorded delivery. Today I had a reply from them offering £170 as a goodwill gesture and disclaiming any wrongdoing on their part. I am now resolved to go the distance with them and will be sending in my court papers on the 14th day (Monday 25th June). Like most people I am finding this a bit daunting but am hugely comforted by the wealth of support I'm finding here.

I expect I will be seeking help and support in the coming weeks as I go into battle. I'm currently waiting for Patricia Pearl's book to arrive as I am totally ignorant about the procedures involved. Will keep you all posted. :smile:

Johnd3 ;-)

John! Please avoid ignorance whilst dealing with this process. Please try and read as mush of these threads as possible and if u come across any thing u don't understand ask the forum. You will get help, I have never seen a bunch of people who are sooooo helpful.

Andy

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

Thanks Andypal for your reply.

A further development today is that Abbey have put two mounts into my account. One for £20 and one for £30 both called miscellaneous fee refunds. Their letter today stated a GOGW for £170. What should I do about both the money in my a/c and the letter. Do I have to write and reject them both?

Johnd3 ;-)

Hi John

Have found your thread and you need to confirm this with others but my understanding is you can advise them you accept the money as partial payment against the amount of your claim and you will continue your action through the court if necessary to obtain judgement for the balance owed. I have also been told you should do this marked "without prejudice".

Just another idea for you but do ask for other opinions.

Simon

:)IF YOU ARE BORED WITH LITTLE TO DO:)

My Story - Simon -V- The (SH)Abbey - :!:WON / 19 November 2007:!:

SKY TV and the penalty charge - how far will it go?

Me V Its4me and Close Premium Finance:!:WON / 28 November 2007:!:

IF I CAN HELP, I WILL, IF I DO, THEN PLEASE CLICK ON THE SCALES ON THE LEFT

Hiya,

I know that there are also letters asking them to remove the amounts from your account, so have a read around

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Go to the main Abbey page and click on New Thread. Put in your title and off you go

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Abbey has just sent a reply to my LBA, they want another four weeks to investigate. I'm just going ahead with my timetable now. Every letter I get says they need another 4 weeks. It is just blatant time wasting.

John:)

Johnd3 ;-)

Good for you

Jo

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Doubt if you'll need it John. Save yourself some costs, start a new folder on your computer and put everything you need in there, start with the basic court bundle from the libabry and add all the other bits you'll need.

Then, if Abbey do hang things out till you need a bundle, it's simple to print everything off cos it's all in one place.

Don't start printing yet, you may not need to and you'll have wasted paper and ink.

Abbey will hang out till the very last minute but they almost always settle just before the court date.

Good thinking batman I'll do that. Looking at all the various actions in progress there doesn't seem to be any standard response from Abbey. The way I'm looking at it the longer they mess around the more they have to pay.

John

Johnd3 ;-)

• 1 month later...

I need some advice Gary please.

Two days ago I received Abbeys defence after they had sent an acknowledgement of receipt. They also offered a settlement of 65%. Today I hear about the OFT test case in the high court and I don't know what to do for the best. Abbeys Ack. of receipt runs out on the 30th July but I read in the report on the test case that the OFT are allowing the banks to waive any claims until after the test case result. Is it worth trying to get the 65% they've offered or is it better to press ahead with the case in the court.Any advice will be gratefully received.

:x Johnd3 :x

Johnd3 ;-)