• Tweets

• Am no mechanic so advisory. If an oil leak had been spotted during the MOT, it would have either failed or an advisory recorded. The Consumer Rights Act does not apply to vehicles sold privately. There is no obligation for the vehicle to be fit for purpose, but? You must describe the car accurately to the buyer and must be roadworthy. The fact you gave the vehicle a new MOT which passed as you are no mechanic is all you need. It is down to the buyer to have the vehicle inspected at their own expense prior to exchanging cash. Reply to the claim as defending in full as no liability exists. Am sure other posters will help to draw up a defence for you.
    • Yes, we need to see it please. Don't rush to answer them until we've had a look at it. HB
    • Hi. I think your thread was probably locked. I've added your reply to it. HB
    • Hi all,    Firstly, very useful forum, thank you Secondly, I'm in "a bit" of a mess regarding a rather substantial UK unsecured credit card debt. I have spent too much on credit cards in the last 10 years (30k - those are not with high street banks but rather unsecured loan companies), I have an issue with money unfortunately, need to address the psychological aspect of it at one point but I'm not here for this. In fact, I'm not living in the UK anymore (EU) since 3 years and I have stopped to make payments on those credit card accounts around 1 year and half ago. I'm not really in any financial distress, lets be honest, not rich either, not able right now to repay those loans for sure. The main reason why I stopped the payments is that my family is not aware of those debts, simple. Before, when we were in the UK, I had my own bank account and could repay without disclosing it to my family. In my new situation. I have a shared account and do not want to show those payments to my family. I have been obviously kickin the can down the line until I received very recently a first email from a DCA (very nice email for now "You have financial problems, do not hesitate to talk to us..Register with us to see your account" blabla), I just ignored but it made me wonder what would be my best course of action reading your forum and based on the following premisices: - As said, I do not want my family to know right now and possibly for the next few years, I'm not saying never but right now is not the right moment, it could have not nice at all consequences - My creditors are not aware of my EU address (and I would prefer not to make them aware of it due to reasons stated above - risk of mails or even visits at my new address even if remote possibility) and it does look like they could just ignore any mails I would sent them for mentioning my new abroad address, they could still try a CCJ on my old adress and I would still need to prove to the court the fact that I made them aware of my address change by mails but also I would need to provide a good reason for a set aside (and I will guess that not wanting my family to know is not a good enough reason) - I have no assets in the UK (the only thing where I'm slightly unsure is that I'm working for an UK company but I'm employed under french work laws so technically, I'm not anymore british employe so I assume they cannot have a charging order on my wages) - I still have an UK bank account with very very small money on it (less than 15 pounds) - Not planning at all to go back to the UK to live there again but I will have to go back here and then for few days between work and family - I'm not trying to not pay those debts, I would and I will as soon as I can pay them back but right now and for the foreseable future, I cannot     Now based on those premisces, here are my assumptions on the way forward: - Do nothing, ignore everything and then face the consequences of a CCJ for my debt where my creditors should not be able to do much against any asset taht I do not have in the UK (though question mark around my wages despite not being an UK employe but employed by a british company in another country - it is still that british entity who is transferring wages into my EU bank account). I think my main worry there is around the summon to court, can the court deliver some sort of warrant if there is a no show - I mean to ignore even the court procedure ? I.e could I be stopped at the airport for this ? I do not think so with waht I read, not for a CCJ credit card debt but I'm wondering if they could prove any sort fo fraud like "he borrowed money he knew he could not reimburse" ?  In this case, the other worry I have is that they could obtain my EU adress via my UK bank account, is my bank would have to disclose my adress to them if there are a charging order against my bank account through a CCJ ? Having a CCJ (even if it is credit card debt and you would not go to prison for it) against you is not a small thing to manage I guess If I want to get back to the UK on a regular basis for few days... - Share my EU address though a registered letter with acknolegment of receipt with my creditors to avoid a CCJ (but It does not look like it is for certain that it would avoid it as it looks like they could ignore my letters, act as if they never received that letter and still do a backdoor CCJ and then I would have to prove they were aware of my EU address and then also explain why I want to set the CCJ aside - So in essence I would start a process of recognition). Even if I was avoiding a CCJ via this sharing my EU address, the DCA who sent me the email seeems to have an office in the EU if I believe their website, not my country but an EU country, not sure if they could do something via their EU office as they would have my EU address i.e I guess it would cost them to transsfer the case to the EU, would they do it for 30k ? I'm really not keen to provide my EU address in any case, even if there is a remote possibility for them to hit some assets, I would prefer to avoid the risk. Though I guess they have some ways to obtain that address if they really want to without me telling them - The last solution I have in mind is to pay a very minimal token every month to the DCA, I should be able to escape family scrutiny doing less than 5 pounds payments, at least I'm buying myself sometimes/avoid rather not nice consequences in terms of CCJs or other pursuit but I understood it would mean they have me indefinitely until they are happy of what I have repaid. I should have some money unlocked within 8 years in the UK, a sort of pot (not an asset available right now) that would enable me to repay a good chunk of the debt and I'm sure the DCA would be happy with, would it be possible to have such an agreement with the DCA if I had evidence of that money to come i.e I'm paying 1 pound token a month until then and then repay the thing in 8 or so years fully   I'm a bit at lost on the way forward and any advice would be greatly appreciated, I think waht I'm trying to know mainly is around the consequences of a CCJ in my situation or the possibility of a DCA to run after me in the EU for 30k. the obvious way forward is to tell the truth to the family and face the consequences but right now, I'm not prepared to do this, I will probably have to at one point   Thank you very much and apologies for the lenght of this posting
    • Sorry I cannot work out on this forum how to reply to my previous post. I got free legal advice from student solicitors and their supervisor at a local university which was really helpful. The seller's claim was thrown out of court when I actually attended. I even offered to settle the full cost of the bag out of court, which he rejected as he pretended he should be paid at the level of a solicitor for the case and would only settle for £3000. Anyway, in the event, he got nothing  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DPA requests

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am ready to send my DPA requests, should i send them by 1st. class, registered or recorded delivery, as i imagine their first line of defence will be to deny having recieved them.

it is such a nice feeling to be able to fight back, thanks to this website,its just such a shame that i cant turn the turret on nat.west. as they were the real bandits.still never mind. looking forward to dontateing 5%

Bring it on.

:mad:LF53

Could you tell us which bank you're sending requests too, so we can move your thread to the correct forum, please? If more than one, can you start a corresponding thread, like "kevin v xxx" to keep track?

Thanks.

ok, i'll move this one to Halifax.

What you need to do now is start a thread in each relevant forum, call it "kev v hsbc cc" "Kev v hsbc bank", etc...(you get the idea) and say SAR sent, or whatever you want really, and as replies come in, or you progress with your claims, it will help you (and us) keep track and help you accordingly. With that many claims, it will become very confusing very quickly otherwise!!!

THREAD MOVED.

sent DPA requests on 12/06 . got reply from citibank on the 14/06 asking for

proof of identity, these were sent off on the 15.06.

the only other reply was from tescos telling me that unless i can supply the account no. they will return my cheque and that will be the end of the matter [ there words ] there is no reason why they should not be able to access my old account as i still hold a savings acc. as well as my wife haveing a saveings acc. and a credit card.

have sent letter reminding them that the 40 day limit is still in place, and if they want to return the cheque that is there perogative and in no way does it

reliquish them from there legal obligation to supply the information i require.

is there any where i can go to find the acc. no. in case tescos continue to be awkward so that i can head them off at the pass [i hate that cliche ]

many thanx kevluff

• 1 month later...

i would call them now and check if they have received it. failing that go to the branch and order them there and then,

Halifax WON X 2, Northern Rock WON, Capital One WON, Marbles WON, HSBC WON

On the 25th october I will be filing a claim for £175.00 Citicards. Just watch it!

it was sent recorded deliv. it was signed for on the 13/06

i have 3 other claims going on, so i will put this on the back burner ,til august.

i am about to prepare 2 lba letters and 1 prelim letter, i dont want to many claims at one time as it will get a bit confuseing