• Tweets

• Honestly you are all amazing on this site, thank you so much for your help and time. ill keep an eye out and only return when i receive a claim letter for sure also, i updated my address with amex and tsb before i even missed payments. the initial address was my family home but i dont reside there. to avoid a bombardment of letters there i have now updated my address, will they send all threats etc to the new address? Or old address?   do you reccomend i send both tsb and amex my update in address via a letter?
    • Your point 4 deals with that and puts them to strict proof .....but realistically they are not in a position to state that within their particulars they were not the creditor at the time of default but naturally assume the OC would have...so always worth challenging and if you get a DJ who knows his onions on the day may ask for further evidence from the OC internal accounts system. 
    • I see, shame, I think if a claim is 'someone was served' then proof of that should be mandatory. Appreciate your input into the WS whenever you get chance, thanks in advance
    • Paper trail off the original creditor often confirms the default and issue of a notice...not having or being able to disclose the actual copy or being able to produce a copy less so. Creditors are not compelled to keep copies of the actual default notice so you will in most cases get a reconstituted version but must contain accurate figures/dates/format.     .    
    • Including Default Notice Andy? Ok, I think this is the best I can do.. it all makes sense with references to their WS. They have included exhibits that dates don't match the WS about them, small but still.. if you're going to reference letters giving dates, then the exhibits should be correct, no? I know I redacted them too much, but one of the dates differs to the WS by a few months. IN THE ******** County Court Claim No. [***] BETWEEN: LC Asset 2 S.A.R.L CLAIMANT AND [***] DEFENDANT ************ _________________________ ________ WITNESS STATEMENT OF [***] _________________________ ________ I, [***], being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in this claim. 1. I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much-reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already written off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimant’s witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment. As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights. This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information). The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party. 2. The Claim relates to an alleged Credit Card agreement between the Defendant and Bank of Scotland plc. Save insofar of any admittance it is accepted that the Defendant has had contractual agreements with Bank of Scotland plc in the past, the Defendant is unaware as to what alleged debt the Claimant refers. 3. The Defendant requested a copy of the CCA on the 24/12/2022 along with the standard fee of £1.00 postal order, to which the defendant received a reply from the Claimant dated 06/02/2023. To this date, the Claimant has failed to disclose a valid agreement and proof as per their claim that this is enforceable, that Default Notice and Notice of Assignment were sent to and received by the Defendant, on which their claim relies. The Claimant is put to strict proof to verify and confirm that the exhibit *** is a true copy of the agreement and are the true Terms and Conditions as issued at the time of inception of the online application and execution of the agreement. 4. Point 3 is noted. The Claimant pleads that a default notice has been served upon the defendant as evidenced by Exhibit [***]. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 5. Point 6 is noted and disputed. The Defendant cannot recall ever having received the notice of assignment as evidenced in the exhibit marked ***. The claimant is put to strict proof to verify the service of the above in accordance with s136 and s196 Law of Property Act 1925. 6. Point 11 is noted and disputed. See 3. 7. Point 12 is noted, the Defendant doesn’t recall receiving contact where documentation is provided as per the Claimants obligations under CCA. In addition, the Claimant pleads letters were sent on dates given, yet those are not the letters evidenced in their exhibits *** 8. Point 13 is noted and denied. Claimant is put to strict proof to prove allegations. 9. The Claimant did not provide a true copy of the CCA in response to the Defendants request of 24/12/2022. The Claimant further claims that the documents are sufficient to pursue a Judgement and are therefore copies of original documents in their possession. Conclusion 10. Without the Claimant providing a valid true copy of the executed Credit agreement that complies with the CCA, the Claimant has no grounds on which to enforce this alleged debt. 11. The Defendant was not given ample evidence to prove the debt and therefore was not required to enter settlement negotiations. Should the debt be proved in the future, the Defendant is willing to enter such negotiations with the Claimant. On receipt of this claim I could not recall the precise details of the agreement or any debt and sought clarity from the claimant by way of a Section 78 request. The Claimant failed to comply. I can only assume as this was due to the Claimant not having any enforceable documentation and issuing a claim in hope of an undefended default judgment.   Statement of Truth I, ********, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in it’s truth. Signed: _________________________ _______ Dated: _____________________
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

deedee1310 v Halifax Plc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4456 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all!

I have started my own thread as I am sending off my SAR today. Have had to do so as I am missing 3 statements (really annoying)!!

Even without the 3 statements, have worked out that they owe me £3751 for charges and about £91 for interest. I am using the complex spreadsheet found in the library.

However, I'm not sure if it has calculated the interest correctly. If I can send this to anyone to have a look, I will be most grateful.

Anyway wish me luck :)

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi moneyhelp.

Thanks for your reply. I should have made myself clearer!

I meant the interest that they have charged on the overdrawn balance at the time. Although I have an authorised overdraft, some of the interest that they have charged has been due to my balance being over the authorised limit as a result of the charges that they have charged. I'm using the advanced excel spreadsheet.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/Spreadsheets/England/Complex-bank-charges-calc.xls

If you are familiar with it, I'd appreciate some help! :D

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

May battle commence. Have just sent by S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) by Recorded Delivery. Will await with bated breath!

My threads

Thanks guys. This is why I think this site rocks!

I have only been a member for three days now but I have learnt so much and read so much (have had a bad headache for 2/3 days due to intake of info :D ).

I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of becoming a vexatious litigant :D as opposed to being a vexatious defendant :mad: .

Could really use the money, as I am currently unemployed and am trying to finish University. It was the subject of my dissertation (on debt and it's growth BTW), that made me stumble (quite literally) upon this site.

I am spreading the CAG gospel to all and sundry. To quote Michael (Jackson - apologies to any fans) "I am not alone, you are here for ME!"

I fully intend to ignore the fob off letters. BTW can anyone check my spreadsheet for me please if I PM you? I am using the Advanced Excel one. I am quite good at Excel but the IF statements (which are hidden) that aids with the calculation of debit interest (not CI - see fast learner), I'm not sure if the figures they are returning are correct. I have an authorised limit (£750) but I don't think it's interest free. Do I enter this into the "Interest Free Overdraft" column?

To be honest I wasn't that bothered about the calculation with my Abbey claim. Maybe I should have had it checked before sending it off :confused:

Anyway thanks again to all. Watch this space................

My threads

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

I decided not to wait for my SAR to come through as I was missing only three statements, one of which that had no transactions on it.

I sent my Preliminary Letter off yesterday. I am claiming Contractual Interest at 29.8%. Yes - I have read all the arguments for and against this, however the saying is "nothing ventured nothing gained." :)

My problem is this. I was looking over my spreadsheet again today and realise that it is missing £30 (not all the formulas were applied correctly when I was removing rows). :mad:

Should I send the correct shedule with my LBA and mention the revision in the letter? :-?

Please advise.

Thanks guys.

My threads

Thanks Tilly. :D

I've become really good at helping everyone else but I'm worried about to how to answer my own queries. :o

Never mind. I will send the revised schedule with my LBA in two weeks time.

deedee

My threads

Thanks guys. :) :)

You're right about needing reassurance. I've just spent this week helping Coxey http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/capital-one/90138-coxey61-capital-one.html with her spreadsheet problem but am too anxious to figure out my own simple problem :p

Lol - what a funny old world we live in. :)

BTW does anyone know any threads I can read with regards to successful Halifax claims with Contractual Interest? I've looked but can't find any. Maybe I'm missing something?

deedee

My threads

Thanks Moneyhelp!

I read Mindzai & Lucid's thread from start to finish on Thursday. What an incredible account. However Have also read the "Why is no-one claiming CI" thread too!

I'm looking for Halifax CI successes. I'm currently trawling through the sticky at the top of the Halifax forum.

Wish me luck ;)

My threads

I think I read that one too. It went to the High Court apparently, which means it sets a precedent for the lower courts :(

However I will put three amounts on my POC should it come to it

1. interest at unauthorised rate

2. interest at authorised rate

3. interest at Statutory rate

and leave it to the judge to decide. Mindzai & Lucid did the same and were paid CI by Lloyds without them actually appearing in court.

I am not holding out for CI but you don't know until you try.

Thank you for the heads up. BTW do you have the link for that case? I haven't book marked it :(

deedee :p

My threads

Thanks Stornoway :) !

I have bookmarked the thread and will have a re-read.

I have no idea what the outcome will be with Haliprats. I have another account with them that I need to claim on too, but I thought I'd do one with them to test the water ;) .

I'd be quite happy with charges and overdraft interest (whoops did I say that out loud) but we shall see what happens.

Thank you all for your support - WATCH THIS SPACE!!

deedee

My threads

Thanks SSL. I'm reading it now. :D

deedee

My threads

Thanks lovely Tilly!

You're right - you never know. From what I can see every member has had a DIFFERENT experience with the same institution. Some have found them easier to deal with than others.

Well I have proceeded with Round One so - WATCH THIS SPACE!! ;)

deedee x

• Haha 1

My threads

Hi guys - just to update.

I received a rubbish fob off letter from Haliprats, stating the usual "charges are fair, la la po, etc, etc"!

So the expiry before I send my LBA is 7/7/07 which will commence round two. At least shAbbey had the "decency" to say that would need 4 weeks to look into it.

So I will update again in 7 days unless of course Haliprats decide to reconsider.

deedee

My threads

Just an update.

before I sent my Prelim letter to Haliprats, I sent them an SAR on 11/6/07 because I was missing three statements.

After much consideration, I decided against waiting for Haliprats to fulfill my SAR and decided to send my Prelim letter with charges based on the statements that I do have.

I received a letter today from them, dated 27/6/2007 with regards to my SAR. They are experiencing a high number of similar requests (can't thing why CAG members ;) ). They stated that it may take a little time to process my request but they aim to give me a response no later than 40 days from when they received my original request.

Countdown started from 13/6/07 (the day after receipt), so they have until 22/7/07 (which is a Sunday) to respond. LOL! I still need the info from my SAR as I made it for another Haliprats account that I will claim on once I receive all the info. Even when it all comes, I will wait as I currently have Halifax, Crap One and shAbbey on the go at the moment, so will need a breather once I have concluded these which is still a good 2-4 months away.

deedee

My threads

Thanks BigMac.

So you would advise me calling them after I have issued my LBA? I have read so many threads and everyone seems to have had different experiences.

I wasn't expecting to get a straight up rejection of my claim, as their first piece of correspondence. Most people got the "we are looking into your complaint" letter first. They just skipped to the "no the charges are fair and have been applied correctly" letter with me. :mad:

Well their LBA is due to be sent this Friday 6/7. If you think that I may have some luck calling them and trying to get them to settle before it goes to court, I will certainly give this a try. Which is the best number to ring?

deedee

My threads

Thanks guys!

I will issue LBA on Saturday and wait 14 days (I thought it was 12 + 2 days?) and then call if I get a response in that time. :confused::o:p:D

deedee

My threads

I'm sending my LBA today. Do I send it to Trinity Road, which is where I sent my Prelim letter, or do I send it to Catherine Toner at "Customer Relations" in Leeds, who wrote me my IFOL (intial fob-off letter).

What d'ya think? :?

deedee

My threads

Thanks Tilly!

I am on a mission. LOL! I'm trying to get my s**t sorted out and I'm glad I have the support of you all to enable me to do so.

I think my finding of this site was extremely timely. :)

I'll print my LBA off now and get it ready to send first thing this morning.

As the 14 days draw closer, do I need to wait for a response from them before I try and negotiate or do I call the "Customer Relations" (I use the term loosely) people?

deedee x

My threads

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

Halifax have failed to respond to my LBA. :mad: Therefore, I should be issuing my N1 on Monday.

Does anyone think it's worth me calling the Customer Relations department and trying to get them to settle before I start court proceedings, or should I just issue them anyway and call their litigation team once I get my Notice of Issue.

All comments and advice as usual is warmly appreciated.

deedee

My threads

So N1 it is then. Hey ho!

Thanks SSL as always. :D

deedee x

My threads

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update - I filed my N1 last Thursday 26/7. Ironically the same day that the news of the OFT test case was released. I was blissfully unaware at the time until I caught up with the news on the forum :p:confused:

I have today received a letter from Halifax regarding my SAR for two accounts I hold with them. One of the accounts is the one I have just filed the N1. I went ahead with this claim as I was missing three statements. The second one is for an account that I know I had lots of charges levied against but was not as meticulous at filing statements for.

I made my request on 11 June. They are well past the 40 days and the letter I received today, dated 27 July, states that alll the documents are ready and will be posted out to me shortly. On 27 June they wrote me and said that they would meet the 40 day deadline - yeah right!

Anyway that's my news on this thread for now.

deedee x

My threads

No I haven't. I haven't for my Abbey claim yet either. Lambeth CC are really slow. I had an awful time on the phone last week see CapQuest CCJ and this slowness is causing me a major headache, especially for my Capquest case.

Their excuses aren't good at all. I was so busy at work yesterday, I was unable to make any personal phone calls. When I remembered it was past 4pm and the court office was closed. I will try today.

Now I've filed, is it worth starting to hassle Halifax to settle? I know there's an air of uncertainty with the OFT test case. I wonder if anyone has had their case settled, SINCE news of the test case was announced?

deedee

My threads

Wow! Thanks guys! I wasn't expecting a flurry of posts. Thank you for all your words of encouragement.

MAcBoy well done on submitting your N244 ;) .

My case is a bit of both unlawful and unauthorised overdraft charges. I'm not home yet, so don't know if Halifax have actually been served or if any paperwork has come through. I forgot to ask when I made my call to the court today. :roll:

Well I guess we're all in the same boat, so we shall ALL see what happens.

Thank you all once again - that's why I love this site :D

deedee

My threads

Received Notice of issue yesterday (3 Aug). My N1 was deemed served on 2/8, so countdown begins to see if they will acknowledge. ;):D

With regards to my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), I also received five statements from Halifax covering the period from April - September 2002 for my Current Account. I have asked for statements from April 2002 to present, for this account. They haven't even sent one statement for the other account I included in my request. Today is day 53 since my request was received and they still haven't complied. Grrrr!!!

deedee :mad:

My threads