• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

abroadgirl v Abbey

abroadgirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think chris is right love u need to communicate with the courts on this now cos the abbey is showing every intention of trying to stay this case what u need to do love i know this is diffucult but could u try and put questions in some sort of order cos like chris says its a lot to try and answer first question all it means about the abbey are agreeing to it being heard in the small claims court and next one is about has the judge advised about solicitors i think love all the rest of the letter from the abbey is goommff thats the technical term for it to stop u claiming it cos its just them trying again to justify there charges which they cant i would definalty bring it to the courts attention that theyve dragged there heels on this case from the start cos this is nearly a year now and well i dont any judge in his right mind would let them have a stay after all the rubbish theyve put u through.yep persue this through court now i wouldnt bother with them now cos theyve made it pretty obvious they aint playing ball hope this helps roxie keep fighting love xxkia

• Haha 1

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya chris abg might be off for a little bit cos shes having problems with her broadband and shes getting a new number but its gonna take maybe a week to sort so dont worry if u hear anything cos shes ok just frustrated she cant get online she emailed me this morning ok xxxkia ps ill pass on any more messages

so glad love did wonder dont know what proper officer is maybe someone else does love and yes i think you have to do it again but dont quote me as i dont know whether there are many who have got stay lifted so might be a waste of energy but see what chris thinks eh :Dxxxkia

maybe love but it depends do u keep records going back a good way what sort of agreement is it for a currant account?and as for email its probably a fairly standard email that they send to everyone its not really fair though is it staying everyone just like that but looks as if knitting circle has another member :Dxxxkia

ermm good question love i dont know might be a question for gary h that one i think it might be too late but youll need to check it out with one of the mods that and there havent been many that have had stay removed some have though shout for a mod love and ill bump this :Dxxxkia

i would leave it but get the others opinion as well love dont just take my word for it cos i think theyll either just ignore any other emails or youll get another reiterating what that one said sorry love :(xxxkia

• 1 month later...
my bags packed so u can take me with u laughs ill be in the hold all so treat it with care and dont please drop me pmsl lol

have a great time hugs

abg

eh ABG shift over im in there too move your leg out of the way then :Dxxkia

• 3 months later...

dont accept even if it is for your charges back as u want the whole amount not half but intersting if it was for you charges what do they know are the banks folding already ;)xxkia

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

i never did get the hang of interest thing just guessed with it me brother worked out the method on the spready good job cos i couldnt do it and luckily i never had to explain my figures mind u probably cos i sold meself short so they paid up quick and ran and in the nick of time too before the big oft thing by the way does anyone know whats happening with that cos its gone very quiet :rolleyes:xxkia

• 2 weeks later...

hiya abg not got any more info for u love just popping in to say hi how u doing now love ??im fine in luton for a bit then back to sunny southport not ;)xxkia

yep im back for now but sorry for not been around as much im flitting between luton and southport at the moment so not got as much time but i am following your case still :)keep up the fight xxkia

i emailed si a while ago but got no answer so im a bit worried now as he noramlly answers ill try again see what happens ill let u know yes theres a new chat room its good go check it out its fun things are good with me havin a few problems with me teeanager at the moment so some serious butt kicking is coming up is it me or are teens very selfish u take care too xxkia