Smile Victory: A Warning!!!

amejelo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey ho, so I recieved my charges back from Smile almost exactly 8 weeks ago. In their offer letter they informed me that "if we hear nothing more 8 weeks from the date of this letter we will consider the matter closed".

What do you know, 8 weeks to the day i get a secure message informing me that 'we are not happy with the way you have been using your account and intend to close it 30 days from today'.

I am going to take this to the Ombudsman cos it's clearly punitive retaliation for claiming back the charges (after all they could have closed it at any time in the last 2 years when i was being charged and 'misusing' my account).

be warned, they try and claw it back somehow!!!!

no, i have an hsbc current account so no worries there. i was more annoyed that they have decided they want my credit card account closed as well as my current account - i thought that was a seperate agreement?

did u go averdrawn or ? or was the account awways in credit ?

i think what im trying to say were u a model custoemr after getting the charges back ?

cheers

hammered vs Smile-(£590)---------paid out

hammered vs MSDW cc-(£48)------ongoing

• 1 month later...