Steven Eagell Dangerous Mistake - Can I Claim

Bouffont
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm still getting used to these forums and I'm pretty sure this is the correct place for this post!

A While back I took my MR2 in for a service at the Milton Keynes (bletchley) branch of Steven Eagell Toyota.

When I took the car back I got about a mile down the road and there was a big 'thunk' from the back and I lost partial control of the car. I got it back under control, pulled it over and found that they'd not screwed the rear right wheel on properly and it was hanging half off!!!

Luckily I was on dual lanes and there was no other cars around so I didn't get into an accident (I dont like to think what it would have been like if I was by a school with kids around or something like that)

I called them up and they advised me to drive it back in! I told them to get out here and fix it, they did and I drove it back.

I got a sales rep come out and tell me it was the fault of the garage workers.... that was it, no apology nothing. They also refused to refund my money for the service.

I've sent letters back and forth with the head honcho there (Steven Eagell) and the most I could get out of him was 100quids worth of credit (the service was 375!) to spend on "An assortment of Toyota branded merchandise"!

Now, astonishingly bad customer service aside, what are my legal options here? Can I claim this money back in the small claims court or am I basically screwed? I think I can come from the point of view that I paid for a service that was not completed properly.

Any thoughts?

As the problem was put right, I don't think you are entitled to a refund, provided the service was otherwise carried out correctly. £100 credit sounds like a reasonable result, though I sympathize that it must have been frightening at the time.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.