• Tweets

• I just meant that if they parked the other side of the yellow land that is council maintained land and they'd get a pcn.  
    • Thanks DX I will have that uploaded
    • its SJPN you simply fill the form in pleading not guilty. you will then be sent a later court date by letter to appear at your local magistrates court or the DVLA will might even drop the whole case. if you want ,fill in the small section of the form too, simply stating that payment for said road tax was cancelled and latterly reclaimed as a new DD was already in place. hence i double paid for said disputed period of the claim. just to be 1000% sure. please scan to PDF the page that states what you have been summoned for.  read upload carefully 
    • HI DX Yes check it every month , after I reinstated the second DD I was checking every week. Also checked my bank statements and each payment has cleared. When responding to the court claim does it need to be in specific terms ? Or laid out in a certain format? Or is it just a case of putting down in writing how I have explained it on CAG?
    • Come and engage with homelessness   Museum of Homelessness MUSEUMOFHOMELESSNESS.ORG The award-winning Museum of Homelessness (MoH) was founded in 2015 and is run by people with direct experience of homelessness. A very different approach. If you're in London you should go and see them
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help again please with 1st credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5768 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The replies to my first post have given the courage to ask for help with this one also.

I CCA'd 1st credit on 17/05/07 and this is the reply recieved from them...

1stcreditscanofCCAreplyrecieved2105.jpg

I would be very grateful for advice on this as it seems odd they're saying it might take at least a month to produce the document requested.

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...had a call from 1st credit at apporx. 17.10 today.

HELP!!!

Surely after the letter they sent me they should know the account is in dispute, especially as the caller said it was regarding my latter dated 17th May...

Luckily, was on guard after reading threads on here and told the caller that I expect to hear from them in writing early next week...

Should I now send a letter asking them to conduct all business in writing?

I'm a disabled single mum and it's taken me an hour to calm down from the call :(

Don't these people (I use that term loosely of course) have any sense whatsoever? They've had thier CCA and acknowledged it...and it's a Bank Holiday weekend...grrr!

I'm ok now :) Because I know I've got you kind, generous people to help ;)

Have a great weekend everyone...

Thanks remus :)

Am learning quick and acting on advice.

Sent letter advising communication in writing only yesterday.

When I initially started getting calls from these 'people', I foolishly made the mistake of telling that I'm longterm ill and disabled, then got the classic series of horrible calls from a guy there. BIG mistake!

Anyway, back to it...

Good luck and thanks again :)

BB

HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Just had call from the [edit] guy at 1st credit :(

The conversation went as follows:

He asked for me by name, I asked who he was and which company he was calling on behalf of, he said 1st credit and I then said that it was me...I calmly advised that I'd CCA'd them on 17th May, also sent a letter re: telephone harassment on 29th May and politely informed him that I'd requested on numerous occassions that all future contact will be conducted in writing only (during the convo he continually tried interupting me and trying to make me answer 'security' questions). He then persisted in an intimidating manner which I interupted advising again calmly that he was now breaking the law re: harassement...Then I hung up.

Did I do ok?

And what do I do now?

Now I feel like absolute sh**e again and feel like crying... :Cry:

BB

Thanks for your help rory32 but I don't have means to screen calls and am sitting here waiting for an urgent call regarding a medical appointment.

It's making me terrified to answer the phone but I have to :(

Hopefully they'll lay off when they get my recorded letter sent yesterday re: phone harassment :confused:

Starting to make me wonder why they're breaking the law and being so agressive though...Hmmm...Makes me think they're doing it because the CCA isn't and never will be available :confused:

BB

Thanks remus :)

I've pulled myself together and shot off an e-mail requesting copy of thier complaints procedure and had an auto response saying they're dealing with my request :)

Will keep this updated as I think it's going to have many twists and turns...

BB

Thanks seminole :)

After calming down, and knowing that the harassement letter will arrive with them tomorrow by rec. post, I think I'll let them 'dig' themselves into a deeper hole just yet. More amunition for me, more charges against them :)

This site is really boosting my confidence with dealing with these vultures, and with every positive action I take I feel more able to cope.

I'm going to use the tactics suggested, note all calls and make myself not affraid of my phone :D

Maybe I'll go to the loo while they hang on or is that too gross lol ;)

BB

Thanks ScarletPimpernel :)

Done, and a few copies to hand :D

Only trouble is now that my notes regarding these calls are going to consume a forrest at this rate lol...

Maybe I should start invoicing the DCAs I'm dealing with for secretarial services ;)

BB

Ah well...

At least our knowledge has been backed up by the company themselves via thier site (thanks remus ) and that they're living in 'DCA fantasy land' with all the rest ;)

BB...trying not to fall off chair laughing :D

Hiya again :) Update on 1st credit...

Here's the reply I recieved today after sending them a telephone harrassment letter on 29th May :

1st Credit Limited The Omnibus Buildini Lesbourne Road Reigate Surrey RH2 7JP

Tel: 01737228555 Fax: 0870 164 2071

31st May 2007

Dear Mrs xxxxxx

Re: Complaint

1st Credit ref: xxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of 29th May 2007.

Please accept our apologies for the further telephone calls. The collector has been reminded of our company's policy and your telephone number has been removed.

We have received your request for a copy of the agreement which has passed on to our client. Please be advised that this may take up to 28 days.

I note that you had made an arrangement with us to make weekly payments of £5.00 by direct debit commencing the 8th of May 2007 but we are advised that the instruction at your bank has been cancelled and consequently the payment that was due on 15l May 2007 was not received. The account has now gone into default and we reserve the right to consider legal action.

I understand that you are on long term disability allowance and would ask that you post us proof of your income and a breakdown of your weekly expenses so that we can consider all your circumstances.

In the meantime please be kind enough to contact us to reinstate the arrangement whilst we await the copy agreement and the documentation we have requested from you.

ctd.

Registered No. 3752940 in England and Wales Registered Office: Hillgate House, 26 Old Bailey, London

Page 2

31st May 2007

Mrs xxxxxxxx

We look forward to hearing from you.

In the event you remain dissatisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service within six months of the date of this letter. A copy of their leaflet is enclosed.

Yours sincerely

Complaints Officer Tel: 01737 228074

Strange really, as I gave them my bank details under EXTREME duress and do not consider this a fair arrangement or acknowledgement of any debt.

Will be writing back to that effect and they can try and tell a judge that the account is in default...

BB

Hi remus ,

Please see the following e-mail I've just sent. I rang the personal number given on the letter and asked nicely for her e-mail address which she gave willingly ;)

I've never acknowledged this debt to 1st credit and have't paid them anything...The D/D was cancelled before any payment was made under legal advice.

Dear Ms xxxxxxx,

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE THIS DEBT

Thank you for your letter dated 31st May, 2007, regarding the above mentioned 1st Credit reference number.

I refer to paragraph 4 starting "I note that you...".

This arrangement was made under EXTREME duress by one of your staff after a series of vicious, bullying, intimidating, insulting, mis-leading, illegally threatening and harassing calls.

After seeking urgent legal advice, the direct debit was cancelled and a CCA request was sent to your company on 17th May, 2007. This has been recieved, and aknowledged by yourselves via letter dated 21st May, 2007.

This account is in dispute as I have not acknowledged the debt. Therfore, it CAN NOT be in default.

My circumstance is that I'm disabled and long term ill with multiple serious illnesses.

Your staff have continually used this information to try and get me to pay an alledged debt.

I consider these methods inhumane and will be reporting your company to the relevant authorities.

I sincerely hope the calls were recorded, and that these recordings will be made available for the purposes of such complaint.

With regard to the above, I expect your urgent attention and reply in this matter.

Regards,

xxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

BB

OMG!!! I'm soooo hurt remus lol...

Had 2 more letters today, 1 dated 31st May re: complaint giving me thier complaints procedure, AT LAST! The other dated 1st June, exactly the same as the original response to my CCA request which was dated 21st May ????

Did someone forget they already replied lol...

Or, maybe, they think I'm stoopid enough to count from later, seeing as thier 12 + 2 is up on the 6th June...hmmm...

BB

Update...

Here's copy of e-mail from contact in 1st credit sent today :

Dear Mrs XXXXXXXXX

Further to your e-mail of 1st June 2007, as you no longer acknowledge the debt and we await the copy agreement, we would ask that you send us a copy of either a driving licence or passport or some other official document which contains your signature and date of birth so that we can carry out our investigations . As you will appreciate, as you do not acknowledge the debt for security reasons we cannot send you a copy of the agreement (as per the Data Protection Act).

In the meantime we have placed the account on hold.

Regards

XXXXX XXXX XXXXX

Complaints Officer

I'm inclined to send the following response :

Dear Ms XXXXXXXXXXXXX,

I have, on numerous occassions, passed security with your company via telephone. You have all my personal details and I have been replying to your companie's letters. This should be more than adequate proof.

I will not provide you with a copy of such personal information.

You will appreciate also that prolonging this matter serves only to be detremental to my health.

I look forward to your swift reply regarding this matter.

Regards,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Is this appropriate? I'm not sure where I stand now :???:

Are they going to play the security game with me? I thought I'd done everything properly :(

Urgent advice would be gladly welcomed so I can reply to her ASAP...

Thanks in advance :)

BB