My Brother!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am starting my brothers claim for him for his account with Alliance & Leicester, I have a question though before I start filling in the spread sheet, I have just read through the stickies about the different charges and the one question I wanted to know has not been answered, that is some times the overdraft charge is £5.00 and others it is £25.00 can I claim the £25.00?

Many thanks

Beamie13:)

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there,

Understanding what you can and can't claim can be a little confusing so here is a link to assist further -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html?garpg=6

The £25 does sound like some sort of penalty fee, the link above should clarify it for you.

All the best,

CJ

Hi CJ

I have read the FAQ's but I am still unclear as to why some months the monthly OD fee is £5.00 and others it's £25.00 this does seem a little odd or am I just stoopid!!:confused:

I will say this much for Barclay's if nothing else their statements are straight forward, and that is the only positive they will ever get from me:D

hope you can put me straight

Beamie:)

£5 is the normal overdraft charge.

On the back of the monthly statement it says the following;

Monthly overdraft fees;

Day 1, No Charge. Day 2, £25 Charge. Days 3 & 4, No Charge. Day 5, £25.00.

If you have an Unauthorised Overdraft for any 2 days* in a monthly charging period you will be charged £25. If you have an unauthorised overdraft for a further 3 days in a monthly charging period you will be charged £25*. Unauthorised overdraft charges are capped at £50 per calendar month. * Days in total not necessarily consecutive.

What usually happens is that if you go over the £50, they carry it over to the next month, it usually tells you what, if any, future charges you are going to get, at the bottom of your statement.

Other charges; Paid Items, £25. Failed transaction due to insufficient funds, £34.

And finally, if you want to add contractual interest. It is 7.63% Premier Account. 17.08% Current Account.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

beamie13 my son had an account with the A/L his charges were as squarebob says but the £5 he got was when no money was going into his account they called it underfunding

I seemed to have heard this before but could not put my finger on it as my current account statement, providing I kept to my agreed (tiny) overdraft, just said £5 Monthly OD Charge, which seemed fairly acceptable! On their new Premier account a £5 charge was imposed if you paid less than £1,000.00 per month into the account. Thankfully this has never happened to me, probably because they got an earful off of me regarding who has that sort of money to throw around each month. I believe the Halifax have an account with similar terms.