julielouise v The Woolwich

julielouise
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Started my claim for just under £2100 at the end of March when I sent the SAR letter off. I've today received a letter from The Woolwich offering me just under £1600. Thinking about calling them on Monday to see if I can't negotiate with them before I decide whether to accept the offer or not. Let's see what happens.....

Well, rang them this morning - told them I was prepared to negotiate with them for a higher offer otherwise it would be going to court. They went away, came back and said "Nope - this was their only and final offer." Reminded them if it went to court I'd be claiming the full amount PLUS statutory interest PLUS court fee.....which amounts to just over £2400 - they still said "Nope!" so just advised them I'd take it to court then. Seems they've got money to throw away! Let battle commence......

Fair enough, they had the opportunity to get away with not paying you any interest. Ok, so it's a pain having to wait a bit longer, but you've just secured an additional £300!

Since you've had verbal confirmation that they are refusing torefund the full amount, I guess you can skip straight to the claim stage - though personally I would confirm everything that was said over the phone in a letter AND an email to them, quoting name of person who confirmed Barclays was not prepared to refund £xxx.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41