ja-de Vs Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Halifax owe me £74 in charges for 2 DD's. 1 in April 2005, & the other in April of 2006. there was supposed to be 3 lots, (making it 2 in April 2006) but after I rang up & complained about not being informed about the ones for last year, (I only found out when I checked my account at the "hole in the wall" 4 weeks after the fact), & was spoken down to & was literally told I was stupid for letting my account get into arrears, I also sent a letter to their office in Leeds, they decided I could have 1 of them back, which was for £39. I might add that I was not informed at all that the DD's had bounced. They told me they had posted a message on my internet account, which was no good because I was offline for 3 months. They certainly didn't send me a letter by post like they should have done.

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, sent my Prelim letter to Halifax on 10 May 07 by Recorded delivery. I have got a reply this morning which is postmarked Belfast, & I sent it to Leeds, they say that they have investigated the matter of the charges - , & basically tell me that as far as they are concerned the charges were & are justified. So, now it seems as though I'm back to square 1.

Has anyone got a reply, & had their claim investigated in just a few days.

Not sure what to do now, need help please.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Should I still wait for the 14 days, or would you suggest I just sent the next letter now?

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi sea-sidelady

Thanks for that, & congrats on your win.

Does it mean I should still wait the customary 14 days, or do you think I should send letter 2 now:idea:.

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks, I'm very grateful for your help.:)

ja-de

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know whether Incapacity Benefit is alienable under "Social Security Administration Act 1992":idea: as its the only income I have.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its to do with the regulations that banks etc. are not allowed to take charges from a persons account that are on "Income Related Benefits", so i was wondering if IB was classed as "Income Related".

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the tip Moneyhelp. Been onto thread & made a couple of copies for when my IB goes into bank.:D

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I sure will, & thanks again.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sent LBA to Halifax 4 days ago, so, just got to sit back & wait for an answer. Fingers crossed & touch wood. (I'm not superstitious-honest).

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Let me know how you get on as well Moneyhelp. Best of luck to you too.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, we can. I'm the same, in fact I'm terrified of the prospect of going to court. I keep asking to myself, what the heck am I doing, then I remember why. We can't let them bully us any longer. They've got away with taking our money for far too long.

I'm just going to check the post office to track & trace my recorded delivery's.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

7 days since I sent my LBA, so I'm halfway there. Help!! I'm now getting a bit scared. I'll be so glad when its over.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To be honest with you sea-sidelady, I haven't even thought about it yet. Well no, scratch that, I've thought about it, but its all very new to me, & I'm so frightened of the prospect of it all :confused: . I don't care if they close my account, as I have another in reserve with a different bank. But like everyone on this forum, I just want my money back, & if I have to, I will take them to court.

So, it looks like me & moneyhelp will be holding hands, & can't forget we'll be taking sea-sidelady with us :D:D"kicking & screaming".:D:D

Thanks sea-sidelady for the link, I'm going to have a really good read of it all, & I'll let you know how I get on.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You too moneyhelp, we will do this together. I'm going to do the same as you & print it all off & fill it all in (or is fill it all in & then print it all off:???:). I'm curious as well to see how much interest there is, probably not much, as they owe me £74, jeez that's just short of a weeks Incapacity Benefit. We'll hang tight together, & hope we get our money by next week:rolleyes:.

Keep checking that account & let me know how you get on.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you moneyhelp, filling it in right now.

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No, not got to that yet, probably check it out in morning. I've had a bit of a "Play" about with the interest calculator, & if I did it right its easy to work it out. Have a good nights sleep, & dream about what you want to buy with all that money you 're going to get back from haliprats.

This is the only claim I have with the bank, but I have a claim with Wescot, they say I owe them them money for goods bought from a catalogue, but I had already moved out of the address in question-but to make matters worse the person(s) who bought the stuff used my name. see link http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/89242-westcot-its-my-name.html

Thanks for the help sea-sidelady.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No probs SS, you can't remember all that goes on, as its such a large forum. But you're doing such a GREAT job, I have every faith in you, so here's a very big THANK YOU for you're support, I know I've said it before, but I am sooooo glad I found this site, it's so friendly & more to the point helpful - I think I can safely say that money will say the same.

P.S. Hope you don't mind money?

Julie

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes thanks money, how are you now, I just read your thread - good for you - you gave them exactly what they deserve. You're right, they should let each other know what's going on (you just can't get the staff these days he he:D:D).

I've not heard anything from them yet, & I've just checked my account online, & there's only a couple of ££ in there.

I can't give SS any more clicks, I keep getting told I have to share it out LOL.

I have got a letter from Wescot though, & basically they say that my name is clear with the credit reference people, & that I have no reason to worry about that. They also say that they now acknowledge that it was someone who nicked my name, but they can't find any of the paperwork belonging to the matter.

Ah well that's for me to sort out on monday. Had to take car to garage this morning, we think it needs a new clutch. Bl**dy good job it's my partner & not me who's paying for it repairing.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:-?Can anyone tell me whether I am exempt from paying court fees, as I don't get Income Support, just Incapacity Benefit.:idea:

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes it is the only money I get, because I live at my mum & dad's, & I don't have a place of my own any more, it seems that I aren't entitled to Income Support. I even have to pay for my prescriptions - so I have to buy prepayment certs - which add up to over £30 each month (4 items).

I loose out on lots of things because of this. lol

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gonna have to go now & give my brain a rest, but I'll be back tomorrow to try & tackle it all. I'll be so glad when it's all over.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Tilly, I'll do that. I suppose that even if I have to pay, that because it's such a small amount it won't cost that much?

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, thanx money. I didn't know about this site, but I've just bookmarked it, so I'll check it out in the morning.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you Tilly, & you're very welcome.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]