Norwich & Peterborough Building Society

mijit53
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Anyone persuing this bank for charges, l have sent of my claim and am awaiting reply.Estimate 2500 in 6 years.

Also have been given the name the claim is going to if anyone wants it let me know.

Keep up the good work

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Well done to Norwich & Peterborough Building society.....

I sent a 14 day notice of court claim they write back saying that as l disagree with their policies etc that they are going to close my account with-in 30 days and will at that time refund 50% of the charges.

I hope that l can take this tothe financial ombudsman and the OFT because this is

just being vindictive to the extreme.

They have now made me more determined to claim the whole lot from them.

Anyone got any advice l will post the whole content of the letter if needed.

regards

Sadly the closing of accounts seems to be an all too often used form of retalliation by the banks. There is some debate as to whether they are able to do this but it it is best to be prepared for it. Have you already opened another account with some other bank?

The good news is that you certainly don't have to give up on the other 50% of your claim. Read the faqs and spend a bit of time looking through some of the other posts and you will find the whole process is actually quite straightforward. I would write back and say you are very disappointed to hear they intend to close etc, than agree to accept the 50% but make it clear this is based on the fact that there are no other provisions or restrictions you must accept in order to take this payment. Go on then and make it clear you regard this as an interim payment and you will continue with your action in order to recover the full amount owed to you.

Look through and there are a number of example letters around which have all this but the the jist of it is above.

It would be very interesting to see their letter - any chance you could scan it and pm/email it to me or post the text here?

Cheers and keep going

Prelim sent May '06

LBA sent June '06

Fob off now rec'd to the prelim

Copy of fob off now rec'd as response to LBA!

Full repayment of all charges since 1997 now received.

Account Closed

Donation made :)