Need help for court stage - Karen v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I am about to claim £350 from charges on my Halifax Visa Account and £346 on my Halifax current account.

Brief summary so far:

02 Mar- sent first letter requesting statements

23 Apr - phoned/emailed customer services to chase up statements

30 Apr - sent LBA/failure to comply letter

04 May - received letter saying statements had been ordered

06 May - statements arrived

As I have already sent a LBA can I go straight to the court stage now? Bearing in mind that Halifax are not aware of the charges I am requesting as I did not have the statements at that stage. Should I send them a letter with a list of charges?

Also can I combine my Visa and Current account in the one claim as it is the same company?

Thanks

Karen

Yes you can combine both. I would however when you send in the spreadsheet I would list them seperately with a grand total you are wanting. On your lba did you mention any amount you are looking for. I always state charges are over ---- and if not paid by ( generally 14 days) court proeedings woll be started and your costs will increase considerably. I never send the spread sheet until it goes with the court papers. If I can be of further help just let me know. I have already won two credit card cases one summary case another just won by default and two more pending all with HBOS.