Spottiswoode v Abbey National

Spottiswoode
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6163 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just started the long process against Abbey for charges, I sent of the initial letter regarding charges for the last 5 years ...still no reply they have until the 13th May to reply to this request I also enclosed a cheque for £10. It seems a daunting task to take on a Bank however they have caused misery with the charges they have levied against me month after month.

Guest ChloeJane

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum!

Yes it does appear a daunting task, but one that you will get lots of support throughout the process to the end result.

Posting in the forum area of the bank you are claiming against means those that are also dealing with the abbey issues, you get extra support and is easy to do.

Press the link below -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/

At the bottom left of the page, is the New Thread button, click it and tell your story and everyone then will be there for you to give you confidence and steps.

You have said you already sent the letter requesting statements! Thats great!

If you sent off your letter worded as on the template here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

£10 added - means you have done it right so far.

If - you do not get your statements by the 40 days, you can send off a non compliance letter, however I personally suggest 47 days, then send it, then you are able to take the next step if they do not comply with confidence.

A link is here - for a template letter if you don't get your information by this time.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

All the best with your claim

CJ

Guest louis wu

just two quick questions, did you send the SAR's recorded delivery? has the cheque been cashed?

Provided one of the answers is yes, then carry on as Chloe advises, if its no to both, then it may be a problem. Let us know

Louis

Guest louis wu

When you say 'posted in the local branch, was it in an internal post box, or over the counter.

The reason is, they may well try to dispute they never recieved the request (and obviously the cheque), and it will be very hard to prove that they have.

Its happened before, and will happen again. It is very important that from now on, every letter is sent recorded delivery, and then checked on the Royal Mail website to see if its been delivered.

In my opinion, you need to start all over again, with another SAR's request. I know its a pain, but its only 40 days, and it will be worth it in the end.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I would sooner do this now rather than after taking the court route to get your statements and have Abbey deny ever recieveing it.

Louis

Thanks for your prompt reply, it was posted but not recorded, I was kind of thinking that myself as there response was deafening !! I will send an another sars by recorded delivery on Tuesday and keep you posted on my progress.

Thanks again for your help

Guest louis wu

No harm done, just before you do post it, I would just try giving them a ring and asking where your statements are, you never know, they may just be a bit slow.

If you do have to start again, take the opportunity to have a good look at the FAQ's and get a feel for what's going to happen in the coming months.

The good thing about CAG, is that as you learn and read other threads, you will begin to anticipate what is coming next.

Stick with it. I will ask a mod to move this to the Abbey forum, it will be more relevant there.

louis

Thread moved from Welcome Forum.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Received letter from the Abbey to say that my account was now over the overdraft limit authorised and could I pay money into the account to bring it back under the authorised overdraft limit within 7 days..they are so quick to point this out however they have not replied to my sar, this is so hypocritical. I have already moved accounts elsewhere before last pay day no doubt the threatening letters and phone calls will begin. This does not intimidate me in any shape or form but only highlights the banks greed in screwing more money out of people. 17 days and counting for my 40yh day.

Spottiswoode

Today I received my bank statements from January 01 to January 04, another letter was also there saying that individual duplicate statements would be sent out in the next 5 to 7 working days for February 04 to presen, they have also enclosed a summary of charges debited to the account. below is a transcript of the letter

Thank you for your recent enquiry, requesting information on your bank account. I also acknowledge receipt of your £10 fee.

The transactional information remaining on our systems,normallycovering the last fourteen months, will be sent out in the form of individual duplicate statements. You should receive these within five to seven working days of this letter.

I also enclose a summary of charges debited from your account, which covers all charges back to January 2004. The summary records the number of charges, their description and total in each month. Any refunds and reversal of charges are also listed and the totals are given at the end of each column.Please note that this list will not include details of any charges that we have written off.

If your account was opened prior to January 2004 details of your transactions will follow as soon as possible.

If you have any questions please call us on the above number.

Yours sincerely

Pam Speed

Well,

I know that every case is different but just some info for you I did received my statements the same way u received your and days later I recieved the rest.:)

Andy

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Have a look at this link:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/helpful-external-links/441-scottish-civil-procedure-some.html

Hopefully it should have all the info you need - it is 5 years by the way.

Best regards

Jo xx

Six Nations Champions 2009

Triple Crown 2009

Grand Slam 2009

:cool::-D:cool: