• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

PPI Successes [NO QUESTIONS or EXPLANATIONS PLEASE] - just Bank/How Much with a link to your thread.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1628 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone:)

Mr L has just had a letter from BOS re: an old Sainsbury's loan (repaid early a couple of years back) - as he is a 'valued customer' they are willing to pay him back an amount that will put him in the position he would have been in if he had never had the PPI. They are not admitting liability (of course) and have not said how much he will be getting yet, but payment has been promised within the next month:D

This has taken some six letters - although this was mainly because of some confusion between their departments - and about three months. No need for the FOS on this one either:)

Will update the relevant thread in a mo.

Thanks for all help received with this!

Regards,

Landy x

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Landy just picked up this message of yours via email to my phone so just had to login to congratulate you so a very WELL DONE it has brightened my day PFx

PF a really big THANK YOU goes to you - I couldn't have done anything like this without your help over the last few months:D

Regards,

Landy x

Two (partial) victories to report -

1) M&S have offered to refund on an old credit card account, but their offer doesn't include contractual interest so I've said we'll accept as partial settlement only..........no further response as yet and payment not yet received.

2) MBNA have sent a cheque for PPI applied to a current credit card account, after intervention by the FOS, but once again they have omitted to refund contractual interest.........will be asking them to justify why they have not carried out FOS's instructions to put us back into a position as if the PPI hadn't been applied.

So nearly there with these two, but not all the way yet;)

Thanks as always for getting me this far to pompeyfaith and alanalana!

Sorry, forgot to add - will be making a donation once these are settled in full!

Regards,

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
Added something!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Seems like a long time ago that I said that the FOS had decided that Amex must pay back all ppi charges on cc - finally it has now been paid. Whoopee!

Cleared balance and a little bit more so happy, happy happy!!

NEXT...............

Very pleased for you Tink - well done :D:D:D

Hi I too got an acceptance form without the appropiate figures etc????

Mr W

Hi Mr W and help45:)

LTSB make a habit of doing this. The FOS told me figures couldn't be provided till I had signed the form (in my case I've had both FOS acceptance forms and LTSB own acceptance forms for different loans - all without figures), yet despite this after I complained to LTSB the figures were forthcoming. My advice therefore is stand your ground and insist they provide a detailed breakdown of what they are offering - after all having ripped you off once already who's to say they won't do it again:eek:

Landy x

• 3 weeks later...
Another win!!

Barclaycard letter this morning.

They say "having reveiewed your complaint i feel there is a lack of supporting evidence to confirm the the sale of ppi was carried out in accordance with our standard procedures"

As a result all ppi premiums plus interest refunded!

Its only a small amount but its a win!!!!!!!

and the second one this week

That's great LDG - congratulations :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Some more PPI successes to report at last -

Cheques received and cleared for four lots of mis-sold PPI on old settled LTSB loans dating from around 2000-2003 :D

Also received cheque today from RBS (Direct Line) for a loan dating from beginning of 2000.

These were all done through the FOS and goes to prove that very old PPI is reclaimable.

Thanks to everyone for their support and guidance through this process - a donation to Cag will be on its way soon :D

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
Got my words mixed up!

Very pleased for you Landy a quality result but it takes time. ;)

aa

Thanks aa - particularly for all your support on my complaints :D

Donation now made to Cag - I couldn't have done this without the forum's help!

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried to post a comment regarding the above along with reporting another of my recent success but my post appears to have been modded too :rolleyes:

Oh well, all I was going to say was that I have recently received another cheque from my old friends at LTSB Insurance which has been banked and should clear very soon :D

Not guilty, no sure how that happened :)

I know, it was rather weird Scott - I clicked 'submit' and a message came up along the lines that I would have to wait for site team approval before my post could be put up and I was redirected back to the PPI forum :confused:

No worries though, just glad the offending post has been removed!

• 2 weeks later...
well well

cant say too much as i've not got it yet..but

the FOS have just ruled on one my HFC accounts going back to 1993 and have told HFC to cough up!!! yes after waiting since jan 09 several £1000's [ now i might not see this due to off-setting of a current loan - i think they can do that?]

more on my thread over the w/end

there are two more to go but its looking good...

HFC NAILED YA!!! muppets

dx

That's sounding promising dx - well done :D

yea i know, its almost as if there is no hard rules and its who you get during your closing stages that almost dictates where it goes.

i'm sure this is why hfc have dragged their heels.

dx

Think you hit the nail on the head there dx - the level of conscientiousness varies considerably from one FOS adjudicator to another it seems :rolleyes:

Landy x

• 3 months later...

Just reporting my latest PPI reclaiming success - a refund of just over £9000 from Norton Finance. This brings to £34,000 the refunds received since I started out approximately 20 months ago, of which £29,000 is mis-sold PPI :lol: Thanks to sites like this I am now in a position to clear my outstanding debts!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi LTP

Very well done on your success!

I am very interested in your theory regarding having the charges that were applied as a result of the addition of mis-sold PPI refunded.........I agree that the FOS factsheet quite clearly refers to charges caused by the application of PPI.

In my own case though the PPI and loan were serviced by a current account which then incurred charges as a result.

Do you have a specific thread regarding this you could point me in the direction of please?

Keep up the good work!

Landy x

• Confused 1

These calculation is for Credit Cards. In a fix amount loan the interest are in the premiums but the FOS recommendations is that you should get back 8% single interest. Therefore you could calculate the cumulative premiums for every month and add that to your current account balance. If that reduce your over draft amount for that month to below the limit, then you should get back the over limit fee. I believe that you can add the 8% as well because the recommendations state that it should be calculated from the date of the premium been paid until the date of refund, clearly indicating that the bank owes you that money from the date it left your account.

I believe this argument to be in line with the general line of argument and I thought your situation is rather interesting until I realised I have a similar situation!! HSBC refused to refund the theft charges on my current account. I claimed back the PPI but they refused the one policy on the loan and I have referred that to the FOS. I send other claims to them and will see what comes out of that but this is certain a very worthwhile line to follow!!!

This could be a very good way of getting bank charges back!!

These premiums will probably take care of most of the over limit fees and declined DD/SO charges. Probably also for bounced cheques, what about claiming for damages in these cases????

Thanks very much for your help with this L_T_P - I appreciate your advice!

I have actually referred mine to the FOS now and am waiting to hear back from them. Will let you know how I get on.

Landy x

Edited by landy_alert
Added more info

• 1 month later...