Question Re: Loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yep, if the loan was to pay off an overdraft, and that overdraft was caused by charges:)

OK I GIVE IN

Halifax £3600 charges, won with C/I £6400

NatWest S.A.R-05/06/06

Bug**r all recieved 03/11/06

Prelim guesimate sent for £3000 03/11/06

Cr*p one CONNED statements 08/06 ROFLMAO

Cr*p one charges=£976

con int 34.9% £1,003.75 £1,979.75.

another good thing about having a loan contract as opposed to overdraft is that when things do get legal (as they might do) then the loan agreement constitutes a different legal contract from the overdraft - so if they were to close your account they certainly can't touch the loan - i.e. you should be pretty safe in going through the process of getting your money back........

yes good point but can they use the money they repay you to pay off the loan? I am waiting for my offer which should arrive tommorrow. I reckon they will say i have to pay off my loan with it. Not sure if i have to accept that?

On your POC you state you wish settlement by cheque only, also have read posts where the banks have paid into old debts even to a DCA, if there is a threat of this happening then i would suggest contacting the FOS who will contact them in regards to this, i have read from another thread the FOS got this resolved and the claimant got a cheque so one to remember if it raised its ugly head.