Interest v CCJ/Default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Around 5 months ago I was advised professionally that the best course of action with my situation was to allow my accounts to go into default. To date after 5 months this has not happened, I have been paying what I can afford and sticking to it whilst at the same time requesting that interest is stopped, the accounts are no longer in use, all cards etc have been returned. One of them has threatened to default but to date nothing has happened. Now, I am getting frustrated that the interest isn't stopping and in the long term I am sure that incurring any costs in court now would be better than continuing to have extortionate amounts of interest added. My next plan is to reduce payment to a token £1 as a gesture of my willingness to pay and write a letter of demand that they accept my previous offer conditional on freezing of interest and that if this is not acceptable then take me to court where I can present my correspondence as evidence of my efforts to resolve this outside of court and in the knowledge that at this point interest will stop. My only worries here are that the judge wouldn't look favourably upon my action to force their hand and this would affect my offer to pay.

Anybody have any thoughts ?? Am I doing this right ?? I do want to pay off stuff as quickly as possible but interest is preventing the balance from going down in some cases ?