2 lots of Abbey charges to claim - advice please!

campino
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have a current Abbey account with approx £800 worth of charges + interest to claim back.

I also have a closed account with approx £500 worth of charges + interest to claim. This old account ran from 1990-1999 but i kept all my statements so i have proof.

Do i make these claims indivudally or group them together? I am ready to go to the online court phase so want to make sure I get it right!

Many thanks

Guest louis wu

Hello,

If you are ready for the court stage, then what have your initial approaches to Abbey asked for?

If you have only asked for one set of charges, then you can only put on set of charges on the court paperwork.

Have you considered the N1 for, instead of MCOL, if the older charges are being claimed, N1 may be better, as you can put more info in them. Just my opinion, but something else to consider

Louis

Hi

Thanks for your email

I have been in correspondence over the last few months with Abbey regarding my current account, with them predicatably stalling etc. I have copies of all the bank charges though so I am ready to go to the court stage with this.

I also have all the details of the bank charges on my closed account (1990-1999) as I kept all my statements.

So I just need to know whether I should combine them and treat it as one claim (I have all the details I need), or whether there is a reason I should treat them seperately (The current account charges are within 6 years, the close account run as far back as 1990)

Many thanks

Guest louis wu

You need to give some info as to exactly what you have already asked for from Abbey.

Have you sent anything that resembles an initial approach

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=78

and then anything like an LBA

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=33&Itemid=78

If so, then your court paperwork has to relate to the figures previously asked for.

If you havn't sent anything like the above 2 letters, then you need to start with an initial approach.

Now to the question of what to claim. The 'over 6 years' issue has only recently been discussed, and I have not fully researched it. You need to have a godd look here. Yes, you will be advised, but its your claim, and you must be comfortable with what your doing, so its a case of research you claim. I will try to find the link to that thread.

Personally, My initial feeling is that I would treat them as 2 seperate claims, although that is being said without knowing the full details, and I wouldn't claim for both at the same time.

Louis

Guest louis wu

the short answer is yes you can claim them all in one go, but read up on the stuff Louis suggested first :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed