Wrigaj1 vs. Nationwide

wrigaj1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent my SAR letter to Nationwide (the London office) for the details for my old current account and credit card.

The 40 days is up on Sunday and I have not heard a thing! I have sent two emails requesting the information be forwarded by 29.04.07 and I had not had a reply.

This morning I got a secure message on the account to say :

'I can confirm that the Data Protection Act allows us forty days to comply with your request. This starts from the day we receive the fee, and sufficient information from you to process your request.

Please can you confirm when the cheque was cashed. '

Is this right? I thought it was 40 days from when I sent the letter to them!

Any advice would be great.

Cheers

wrigaj1

I shouldnt worry about it, because -surely- your money would have been cashed only a couple of days after you sent the SAR. NW are taking as long as possible to try and put you off following through with your claim.

So just keep plugging away and you'll be fine, allow them a few extra days because in the end it will be worth it.

Think about it - a few days for a few hundred quid? i'd be willing to wait. but then i have been ongoing since last june due to financial restrictions(court fees) but now i have all my money back.

:| worried and stressed:|

Nationwide! Here i come, could be alot of money they might have to pay me back:eek:

Data request letter sent 04/06/06 via Hull Branch Nationwide.

Hull financial consultant called ME to help 04/06/06

:smile:Refunded £1200, 19/07/06, still going for the rest of it though!

LBA posted 22/09/06 claiming £2720!

D`oh! - put wrong amount in LBA - short by £1000!

Finally got the money to go to court 09/03/07

Acknowledged 13/03/07

No reply, so judgement issued 29 days after acknowledgment 14/04/07

DEFENCE FILED ??!! 09/03/07

FULLY PAID UP 17/04/07

Second Prelim sent 20/04/07

Second LBA sent 01/05/07

MCOL acknowledged

County court letter saying PAID UP 20/06/07 - although this wasnt the claimed amount, so i disputed it.

Still awaiting court date/decision due to OFT case.

Sorry, another point !

I have received a letter from Nationwide today saying my original request did not have an original signature. I thought it was a delay tactic but I sent the copy rather than the original.

I am astonished that they started to process this on 22nd March and they have taken until now to get back to me, 4 days before the 40 days is up!

Do they have another 40 days to comply once I send the original letter to them or is it on going?

Cheers

Hi wrigaj1!

They are entitled to verify that the confidential data that they send out is being sent to the bonna fide person that it applies to.

Anyone could have photocopied your signature couldn't they?

Have U never heard of Identity Theft???

Don't be surprised that they have took this long to get back to U.

If U multiply your mistaken by several hundreds of other Claimants, any delay in paying back the unlawful Charges can run into thousands of £'s of gained interest earnt for Nationwide every day.

It is my understanding that the 40 days limit starts from the day that they receive your correct Request.

Here is a link for U to look through whilst U are waiting...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Hi Milktray

I totally agree re: the identity fraud! But what stuck in my throat was the fact that they banked my cheque the day they received and took 34 days to get back to me!

I've just sent copies of everything again, with my original signature.

Here's hoping!

Hi wrigaj1!

Patience is a virtue eh?!...lol...;)

I know U are probably chomping at the bit to get cracking, but use the time productively to check out the WHOLE re-claiming process.

A good start would be to read through some of the successful winning claims of those that have gone before U.

That way U will be able to anticipate any swerve balls that Nationwide may throw at U.