• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Wednesday1867 vs MBNA***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6164 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I might be a bit thickie here, but whats the situation with the interest, which should i be claiming for, compounded or contractual?

I take it contractual is the same amount they have charged me and appears on the statements?

Dont really know what compounded interest is.

On the statements, is the interest split between cash advance and purchase or is it all rolled into one?

Thanks.:)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be a bit thickie here, but whats the situation with the interest, which should i be claiming for, compounded or contractual?

I take it contractual is the same amount they have charged me and appears on the statements?

Dont really know what compounded interest is.

On the statements, is the interest split between cash advance and purchase or is it all rolled into one?

Thanks.:)

If you look at the bottom of your statements you will find the amount of interest they are charging you - around 1.85 per month, works out to around 24% APR. You can use this calculation on the charges they have imposed on you - a tit for tat as they have had use of your money and charged you that amount over the years. It is contractual interest and is easier to claim back from the CC companies rather than banks. Hope this helps! IF it gets to court, you can also add the s69 statutory interest of 8% as well - MBNA have now repaid all my charges but I was originally also asking for contractual interest which they have ignored. So it might be court after all!:D

If you look at the bottom of your statements you will find the amount of interest they are charging you - around 1.85 per month, works out to around 24% APR.

Thats the thing tho, at the moment, they are only charging me either 3% interest or around 10% due to my DMP. When i sent the sar, i only received a list of transactions, no interest rate :rolleyes: in the process of trying to get the statements :-|

If i dont hear anything by end of this week, ill send pre lim qith 24.9% interest included next weekend. Bit busy with HSBC :cool:

Standing, just been reading thro the PPI section, how are you getting on with your PPI claim?

Again, cos i havent got the statements, i cant work out how much ive paid in PPI, but has MBNA are still to produce my agreement, they wont be able to proove i agreed to it, plus as i was over my limit for so many months, they have charged me for a policy that is void as i was over my limit :confused: So ill be sending a letter of my intent to them this week as well :)

Im still to receive copies of my statements from my SAR, im gonna send them another letter, giving them til next friday to send me the copies, if not ill do MCOL on Saturday for non compliance.

Does anyone know the procedure and costs involved in doing this?

Thanks

No worries standing.

HOw ya getting on with ya ppi claim?

Im thinking about trying to reclaim ppi and ppi on months when ive been over my limit. Was told by MBNA if im over my limit, ppi is void, so why did i pay it?:confused:

Made a mistake i think of my Egg claim for virtually all the time i had the Egg card my interest was 13% just noticed when i paid the Egg card off it was 34% :eek: i offered them a quick deal, £50 less of the total at 13% darent calculate with 34% :lol:

OMG 34% they certainly know how to take advantage don't they... I thought Egg was supposed to be a decent company? Obviously not.

The PPI claim is very very quiet, have sent a prelim and a LBA, they have acknowledged the letters but have given no response. It is now time to take it further, so will have to gets some good advice first, this one is definately over myhead. Some have said go to court, some have said TS, or FOS or OFT?

I am ready now to take all my claims to the next stage, but am going away for a week next weekend, so cannot really afford to loose the money for a couple weeks.. having said that, I could still look into the OFT route...

I have got a thread in PPI somewhere, I think I should go there and beg for some help...... Have you noticed there is a noticeable lack of experts around recently, compared to a month or so ago?

x

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

About the interest, for the first 4 yrs it was 13%, then 28% for a bit and 34% for 2 months before i cleared the balance, dont know what to add to my charges and ppi :D

About the experts, theres a few in other forums, HSBC for instance, odd few still pop in here, im enjoying this tho, having a go trying this, trying that, its just when it gets to the legal stage i get ermmmm, put off slightly. Like a nice easy life, straight forward :D

Like now with MBNA, all i wanna know is interest rate and how much ive been paying for the PPI, sent letters, sent emails, no replies, no really wanna do the court thing, just add further time on, but looks like ill have to do it.....

I can do the charges with the 24.9% interest, but i really wanna reclaim my ppi too, i cant till i know how much ive paid them. :rolleyes:

Least youve got a holiday coming up to look forward to, just a day working in Gloucester for me to look forward, or not as the case may be ;)

Im sure Gloucester is a lovely place by the way,just dont fancy going all the way there so no offence intended :)

Just noticed as well

21 May 07 Payment Protection Refund.

Now i havent seen this before and i today sent a letter complaining that im still getting charged even tho i cancelled it, looks like i may of been beaten to the punch.

Got in from work, a letter from MBNA was laid upon my doormat, thinking aye aye, bit thin to be statements :| maybe its a letter saying weve took your complaint on board and you will receive your statements soon..................

It was neither, it was dated 13 June, so it was posted days after it had been written :|

Regarding my PPI i cancelled in March last year, never stopped, got a refund in January, after a phone call, but kept charging it :rolleyes:

Just says ill get the rest ive paid plus interest back in my next statement and " this is not indicitive of the level of service we ain to provide" seems it is :D from the way my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) is going :-|

Also as a gesture of regret, they are crediting £25, wait till i get my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and question the rest of it, ill be claiming it all, see what kind of gesture youve got for me then :D

Hi Wednesday, MBNA are really terrible at complying with S.A.R.s

My statements took about 71 days:o . When it was just over the 40 days they sent me a list of transactions which just went from 2003 to 2007 and said they werent treating it as a full S.A.R. So I sent a letter of non compliance along with I.D. giving them 7 days to comply, but I was so engrossed in other claims I left it hoping they would send them and eventually they did. I think even if you ring them they say one thing and then do another, so I think the only way is threatening them with court. Sorry I cant help with that cos I never got that far but I'm sure there must be someone who will come along and help you.

Good luck and I hope they will send your statements soon.

Penny.

Threatened them twice with court now :rolleyes:

Given them til end of next week, no statements,no contact. MCOL will be filed next Saturday and a complaint going to the Information Comm :)

Im so tempted to send my pre lim tho and just going with the standard 24.9% interest. Need the statements for the PPI tho :rolleyes:

Apparently i can't take them to court about non compliance and also at the same time, complain to the Information Comm.

So i've decided to get the pre lim in the post Monday, using the standard 24.9% interest, MBNA i'm fed up of waitng :) Does the pre lim still go to Customer Advocates Office address?

I've given them enough warnings about the sar so i'm gonna get my complaint into the Informtion Comm this weekend, then to court if it can't be sorted :)

I'm still at work :(. another day with no mail :(

I don't work with a pc so I'm posting from my phone :) don't get chance to see as muh as I'd like.

Congratulations on ya win hope you'll stick around and tell me where I'm going wrong teehee.

Won just in time to fully relax on ya hollibops

Again congrats x

Well just had a long day at work today :Cry:

Came home to a letter from MBNA :eek: First line "I refer to you letter dated xx/xx and your EMAIL :eek: dated xx/xx/xx regarding default charges" wow they do read emails :-D

Second line "Please find enclosed your £10 postal order which was not returned with our response dated xx/xx/xx" well its not been returned again :confused:

Then it went on to blah blah about the PPI ive been asking about, pulled the last few sheets off and saw they have sent me the same transaction list again, but this time with the extra column with values in, obviously someone deleted that column off :roll:

Then i carried on reading the letter..............................

Need the smilies for this post........

Next paragraph read like this.......

You have incurred a total of £1,610 in default fees. As we would like to resolve this matter, i have reviewed the fees and associated interest at a rate of 24.9% and arranged a further goodwill payment of £2,245.50 :eek: to be credited to your account. This in addition to the previous goodwill gesture of £780 on the basis that this is in full and final settlement of your complaint.:eek: i think it deserves another :eek:

And deffinately deserves a :D

Well never expected this in a million years, expected the £10 wouldnt be there :D but then an offer, i only sent my pre lim on Monday, bet they havent even read it yet, hope they dont, they are saying they are giving me back £3025.50, pre lim only asked for £2980 :D and i had calculated my charges to be £1700, not £1610 they said in the letter. Im not gonna quibble over the £90 as ive been or will be refunded more than i had thought.

Im over the moon right now, shame i cant have it in a cheque, but ney mind, my balance was near £4,000 when i started this, with what ive learnt and understand, it currently stands closer to £500 and when i reclaim the PPI, it should be zero and with me holding a cheque for a couple of grand signed by MBNA. When and if im succesfull ill then make my donation, until then my help and advice will have to do

Thanks CAG, Thanks MBNA Thanks everyone for taking an interest.

Hiya Wednesday..... IT's been a good week for us both...... I have not had my winning letter yet, mine was arranged over the phone yesterday. Lucky I was in really, cos I am not usually that time on a Tuesday.....

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S X X X

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Thanks Standing, i cant believe it, i thought they would fight tooth and nail. Im currently waiting on a court date with HSBC, its been with my local court for a month and still no sign of a date, so this is my first win and it feels great :)

Only bad thing is, since ive had the money for my season ticket, Sheffield and Hillsboro have been under water :eek: as youve probably seen on tv. As if thats not bad enough, the prices go up another £40 next week and they are shut till gawd knows when cos of the flood.

No I can't believe it either, I had been led to beleive that MBNA are one of the worse to get money off..... I still reckon it is to do with the lack of CCA, they just know that they are in a no-win situation.

As for the season ticket.... well I feel for you, (slightly) I am not a football fan but I live in a house full of them! Funny really, dont live too far away from Fratton Park, yet three of my family are ardent Liverpool supporters, the other one is a Pompey fan!

No I can't believe it either, I had been led to beleive that MBNA are one of the worse to get money off..... I still reckon it is to do with the lack of CCA, they just know that they are in a no-win situation.

Ive just typed up a long winded reply and then lost it :rolleyes:

Its mainly to do with my new quest for the PPI here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ppi/95968-wednesday1867-mbna-ppi-no.html ill re do it on that thread :)

On the footy, good on the one who stayed with his local team :D