Pot plant V Nat West ***WON***

pot plant
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They claim that the particulars of the claim fail to disclose reasonable grounds for bringing a claim against them and that the claim is incoherent and does not disclose any legally recognisable claim against them.

They always say that - it's their standard letter and meant to intimidate you. Don't let them. There is plenty of advice on this site on how to proceed.

Initially, just send them a copy of your spreadsheet with a covering letter 'for your information'. Otherwise just wait to hear from the court. THe next thing you should get is the Allocation Questionnaire but some courts are not bothering.

If you do get an AQ go here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

if not, go here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html

In either case, don't panic.

Steven

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think also, that if the worst came to the worst, you could probably use the latest T&Cs which you could get from your branch. The judge in the Birmingham case said he went on the internet looking for T&Cs and all he would have found would have been the latest ones. I think what you mustn't do is not put any T&Cs in at all.

The new NatWest T&Cs (Nov 2006) have obviously been carefully written to try and get round their problems but all they have really succeeded in doing is laying a trap for themselves regarding "disguised penalties" (IMHO).

I have posted some T&Cs for 2001 for a business account on the T&Cs thread. I think the bits about penalties are probably the same in the business and personal banking T&Cs. Hopefully we will be able to find out soon.

Steven

Hi potty

I think the two words in your last but one post might indicate the answer for a lot of us on this site: 'compromise' and 'fee'

Steven ;)

If this post is helpful, please click the scales

Pot plant

Got this off another thread (please don't ask me where!) and I squirrelled it away

The case

Essentially there are three major parts to succeeding:

1) showing that there has in fact been a breach of contract on your part

2) showing that the charges incurred as a result are in excess of the cost to the bank

3) attempting to satisfy the court as to as to the true cost to the bank. That’s it.

Steven

Also is their any legal jargon I should add to make sure they do send the T&C's within 14 days.

You can say you are applying for them under CPR Pre-Action Protocol 4.6©

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Forgot to mention, I just recorded the interview on BBC Radio 4 Moneybox with senior Judge Steven Girliss( not sure about spelling of his name) on an old dictaphone I have. I'm sure there are updated devices which could be taken into court as evidence that these case are becoming a postcode lottery and the law is not clear about these charges. He was speaking for district judges in London and clearly stated how confusing this mass litigation has become for them and how they are all reaching different decisions. Is there anyone out their that can add a link to this because it is VERY INTERESTING, especially to those who are approaching a court date. Potty.

Link: BBC Radio Player - Radio 4 - it's the second or third item

Steven

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability.

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

It is advisable at this stage to copy everything to the court. I didn't know Tom was on GMTV this morning - have you looked on the web?

Steven

I looked on the GMTV website too. Couldn't find that but found an interview about the Birmingham case. Talk about getting your facts wrong!!!! Turned it off in disgust.

Steven

• 3 weeks later...

Write to Cobbetts, telling them that you made the request under CPR PRe-ACtion Protocol 4.6©, copied to the court. You will probably find they reply by retuen of post

Steven

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site

The trouble with that thread Michael is that there are ohnly three lots of T&Cs on it - 2001 buisiness, 2002 and 2006 personal.

Steven

Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site