• Tweets

• The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
    • totally immaterial. time to now start reading up. Programmable Search Engine (google.com) Clickme^^^ do not miss your defence filing date no matter what dx  
    • Programmable Search Engine CSE.GOOGLE.COM clickme^^
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Spiritgirl -v- Various DCAs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5792 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya friends

By way of an update, I today received a letter from one of the companies I'd cca'd (not a DCA but an original lender) who asked me to contact them as they were not willing to "comply with my request" until they had gone thru security questions with me.

Had it been a DCA I would not have bothered, but as they are the lender and not a DCA, I thought I would see what was going on, and I'm glad I did cos you are going to love this....

I duly phoned up to confirm security and the girl at the other end then asked me what they could do for me. I said that they could send me a copy of my credit agreement as I had requested, and this is what followed:

(Her) stunned silence...I'm not sure what you mean?

(Me) A copy of my credit agreement with you which I have requested.

(Her) Erm, you need to ask the Citizens Advice Bureau for one of them :eek::lol: (never been told this before have you?)

(Me) No I am asking you, the lender. I have sent you my letter and my £1 and you by law have to provide me with a copy of my original credit agreement

(Her) more stunned silence ....you mean your application form?

(Me) No, I mean my credit agreement

(Her) Yes, your application form

(Me) No, my credit agreement showing all prescribed terms according to the consumer credit act

(Her) Yes your application form!

(Me) No, my credit agreement

(Her) Oh we don't do them, I'll send you a copy of your application form in today's post cos its the same thing, its got that bit at the bottom where you signed!

(Me) deciding it was a lost cause...OK then! :lol:

Oh boy am I going to enjoy this! Not only have they now defaulted on my request but they are another lot who are going to be sending me an application form. It was so clear that she didn't know what on EARTH I was talking about and I did feel a bit sorry for her. I could almost feel the cogs turning when there was stunned silence, bless her!

So, its still ONLY A&L who have complied - and now each and every one of the others have defaulted in one way or another.

Let the games begin !! :)

I'll post back again as soon as I have more news.

Spiritgirl x

This is hilarious!! They are absolutely nuts? Haven't got a clue between them?

GO BACK AFTER THEM WHEN THEY DEFAULT!!! :grin:

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to laugh about this company - I haven't had so much fun in ages!! They should be charging me for the "entertainment value" really!

I have basically argued for months with them to remove a default, payback charges, PPI etc.. and supply a CCA.

So first they send a copy of an application form. I write back and say "this isn't what I asked for - can I have a true legible copy of my CCA?" I GET A VERY SILLY LETTER BACK WITH A "REDUCED SIZED" copy of the same application form and a hand written comment saying "If you'd like me to transcribe the bits you can't read let me know and I will write it out for you" - well we got to laugh? AGAIN I write back "look this isn't what I am asking for - I'd like the CCA please" they tell me this is what is my CCA.

So after weeks of this argument with them I then get a letter from them saying they'd sold this account to Lowell's DCA. The account was clearly in dispute at this stage - and what was funnier was they'd actually got the account number wrong on the account they'd sold.

Lowell's then spent time harrassing me by telephone for the "wrong account number" - their staff are even more rude than those at CAP1 - the guy from Lowell's said to me "you are a liar - this is your account CAP1 sold it to us" (sure wished I'd taped that conversation) seems like whatever CAP1 says goes?

We shall soon see about that!! :D :D

Let's just see what they say to Judge at the AQ hearing - CAP1 told judge in their AQ reply to my court claim they'd settled the monetry side of this claim. So how come Lowell's are asking for the "whole defaulted amount?" - the letters issued to me clearly show the amount sold by CAP1 and the amount that Lowell's are telling me I owe in a wrong account number!! So if they paid me - where did money go? and why is account still same amount? Mmmm!!! Should be interesting?

Then of course they will need to explain to Information Commissioners Office, OFT why they sold this account with a dodgy number and still with no CCA - they are sure going to have to come up with an answer or two?

I can't wait to get an AQ hearing date - should be fun?

yay! wish i could come watch! lol

Kenny - I have spent months "dabbling" with this company and they have simply allowed me to build such a brilliant case against them!!

Selling the account with the wrong account number is the funniest yet!! I sent a complaint to ICO, OFT about that cause they really ought to be much more careful with peoples data? Seems someone must have just got fed up of having my name on their desk and didn't pay attention to minor details with account numbers?

I actually amended my POC's to "squeeze" this stuff in about the erroneous account being sold & collected by Lowell's - the judge did laugh as I had all the letters and proof that this had been done and CAP1 still wrote to judge in their letter apologising for their not attending amendment hearing "we have settled the monetry side of this claim" - but like judge said "wait for the AQ hearing - it's early days with these people yet" - she did smile - it was quite laughable as CAP1 had provided me with all the letters showing there were "porkies" and still wrote it in letter to judge - so funny ? AQ hearing can't come quick enough for me now!!

Elizabeth, I hope this all goes your way. Sure sounds like you've had fun building the case - Clownells are complete twits. The very best of luck to you! :)

It's a job to know who is funnier Lowell's or CAP1 - Seems they can't get it right between them? :D

...and so the fun goes on....LOL Elizabeth you had me in fits :lol:

This morning have received a credit card statement from Lloyds TSB - despite the fact that they have sent an APPLICATION FORM in response to my CCA and will therefore be receiving sweet f.a. from me in the way of money from now on!...

Next thing will no doubt be their letter asking where their money is!

Oh what joy I will have responding to that!

Spiritgirl ;)

CAP1 - are the funniest people - the entertainment I have had from these people :grin: Just give them "rope" and you'll not fail to beat these people - they are funnier than a cart load of monkey's ? They "mega mucked up" as my son would say!! :lol:

It's like instant "karma" ? When I think of the hardship these people put us through when even though I thought we'd relevant insurance covers and PPI - and they wormed out of settling card repayments and slapped us for charges etc.. - I so struggled like many people on here and found it near impossible to cope financially - AND NOW THIS STUFF ?? Like they say "what goes around - comes around" ?:lol:

Hiya guys

Am starting a new thread on this task so as not to get confused.

Sent off all CCA requests (11 in total) at the beginning of the month, recorded delivery.

Interestingly all hassling phone calls have suddenly stopped this week from one DCA in particular (a bunch of rude and ignorant low lifes who are constantly abusive ... you'll no doubt guess who I mean!) ) so I'm wondering if they have now seen my CCA letter and realise they haven't got a leg to stand on :D

So far only one response out of the 11 with a copy of my actual signed agreement (which is kosher) so the clock is now ticking.

Will update as and when I get anything back.

Best of luck everyone, I am following many of your threads with interest.

Spiritgirl ;)

Spiritgirl - they are definitely "meddling" with DOCS in there and I have seen another version other than the "application form" which they are also trying to convince the account holder "this is the original executed agreement" - theirs is totally different to mine and looks like the signature was pasted back to front - if held backwards to the light it reads the correct way - but on a page face upwards is illegible.

But as we know early days with this company - they are shooting more toes off their feet everyday!! :D

Hiya guys

Am starting a new thread on this task so as not to get confused.

Sent off all CCA requests (11 in total) at the beginning of the month, recorded delivery.

Interestingly all hassling phone calls have suddenly stopped this week from one DCA in particular (a bunch of rude and ignorant low lifes who are constantly abusive ... you'll no doubt guess who I mean!) ) so I'm wondering if they have now seen my CCA letter and realise they haven't got a leg to stand on :D

So far only one response out of the 11 with a copy of my actual signed agreement (which is kosher) so the clock is now ticking.

Will update as and when I get anything back.

Best of luck everyone, I am following many of your threads with interest.

Spiritgirl ;)

Looks like you got things "sorted" now then :D well done!!

Let the fun begin now!!:D

I had a really nice letter off Lowell's yesterday "RE CAP1" they thanked me for my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and asked me for £10.

This was really nice of them as I'd actually served an S10 notice on them to stop them writing crap about me to the CRA's and anywhere else they'd like to publish "porkies" about me!! So I thought I'd be really nice back to my friends at Lowell's and wrote back thanking them for their offer of a SAR at £10 (bargain if ever I saw one?) and I enclosed a copy of the complaint form I was posting to Information Commissioners Office about them for collecting a debt that wasn't anything to do with me (they are trying to collect the wrong account number from me) :D I also told them that if I see any data published by them in my CRA report I shall file a court claim against them!! Just thought I'd give them something to smile about.

Must admit - I haven't had so much fun in ages!!! Can't wait to see what Cap1 write in their amended POC's to court - how the devil do they explain to Judge the lies they have previously told and why they sold an account that was clearly in dispute to these clowns at Lowell's with a wrong account number? Neither of these companies have grown a conscience and taken the time to even apologise for the "account number slip up" so it shows that it was done as a nasty measure? Cause this has gone on since January and still no apology they both still insist that they are right & I am mixed up over account number (Mmm!!! so how do I still have the cards, account statements etc.. showing a different number?) It's amazing - it doesn't matter how wrong these companies are they'll never admit it and say sorry!! But they will be sorry cause I am not letting them off the hook :D

Lovely letter Spiritgirl!

Got my first CA oops sorry application form back from Lowells today. The clock still ticks! :D

Vamp Lowell's are "fun" to deal with :D

Crap1 sold them my card account while in dispute (nice measure wasn't it? - I must really have been taking up space on someones desk?:D )

So when I looked at the account number that Crap1 sold them it was wrong - so the account Lowells were phoning and writing to me about wasn't even mine? You should try having a converstaion with them on the telephone when they go through the DPA stuff

Name = correct.

address = correct

DoB - Correct

CRAP1 ACCOUNT NUMBER - WRONG

I am regularly told I am a liar "but Crap1 told us "

Lizzy says "well Crap1 people have lost plot in there?"

Lowell's "No they be right - you are lying - we are going to take you to court"

Lizzy says "Go ahead punk - make my day - can't wait to see what judge says about this - cause I'm not lying" :)

As if it be my fault these people can't read & write?

I tried to be patient with them and they just won't won't listen to me they got the wrong account (the word SORRY would be nice to hear?) So I am loading it off my desk and sent it to the ICO - these peoople should be a tad more careful when handling people data and make sure it's right? Just cause "Crap1" say so doesn't mean it's right does it? who are "Crap1"

anyway?? :confused: :confused: Diligence - doesn't seem to be a word in the vocabulary of these companies?

Oh!!! HAPPY DAYS!!

Spiritgirl - YES do the SAR make sure you write in it that you want a full list of all transactions, letters sent to you, manual interventions, telephone conversations and so on - so way you'll get everything they hold on you - rather than just a few copies of statements. You are making it clear you don't want just the statements.

How long since you sent the CCA request? If it's had the 12 + 30 days you should report it to ICO for non compliance etc.. there is a "reminder letter" you can send to them in the A-Z list under non compliance I am sure it is Letter N - (but do check my brain mioght be haddled ha ha).

It might be worth replying that as you are awaiting the CCA the account is currently in dispute - if you have a copy of the letter where they agreed the lower repayment terms previously you could remind them that they had already made agreement with you.

Make a point of saying also that any attempt by them to take you to court will be vigourously defended etc.. that you don't plan on being pushed around.

If they do the court claim to you - and there is no CCA you haven't a problem at all - as you can go back after them. You can claim back your charges etc.. and take things as they come then. BUT make sure they know you want the CCA off them.

You could also ask them for a copy of the Deed of Assignment - see what happens there?

Don't panic and don't let them bully you - they are just trying it on to try pre empt your claiming charges back?

@ elizabeth1.

From what i have read of spiritgirl it seems tha A+L Have actually supplied the CCA. And it appears to be in order.

I have only pionted this out as i am also keen to know what the next step is ?

If the CCA is in order that's fine.

Next step is to SAR sending the £10 writing what I wrote above etc.. into it to make sure it's not just the statements copies that turn up etc..

If in the meantime they issue a court claim against her for the money - spiritgirl needs to write back to court saying she is waiting for SAR info to arrive which will show her the unlawful charges etc.. - the account is in dispute etc.. ask for more time to reply. If she sends a copy of the SAR request letter & copy of cheque.PO etc.. it shows court she is genuinely responding and trying to gain the relevant information etc.. to counterclaim/re claim charges etc.. - court will allow time to produce her evidence etc.. - it would be an idea to ask for the Deed of Assignment too

If it turns out they don't supplythe relevant data - they'll risk being struck out of court anyway?

• Haha 1

Dencha - the agreement Spiritgirl already has will still stand till July as she has this in writing already she says above.

It looks as though they are guessing she is after trying to reduce the debt with reclaiming charges etc.. - so it looks like they'll try push their claim first ? As long as Spiritgirl continues to keep her end of the agreement till July review she can defend herself against them etc.. you are right the company should adhere to this too.

If Spiritgirl requests the SAR - they shouldn't take action as they'll know she will be relying on this info to defend herself with etc.. - IF they do go ahead and make a claim - she simply shows court that these agrements & requests have been made and ask for time to gather her evidence etc.. as without this info she can't give proper defence?

Courts will allow time for the information to be provided etc.. - I do know someone who got a court claim struck out of court in a situation like this - because the company didn't provide the INFO etc.. so judge struck them out.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh almost forgot, they are harrassing me by phone again so is there something I can add to this letter about that as well guys???

Thanks x

Brilliant letter !!!!

Can I edit this towards my letter to these clowns today?

They really know how to be useless in there don't they?

• 2 weeks later...

Spiritgirl - you are absolutely right it is an application form - therefore they haven't complied with your request.

They sent me a similar A4 page copy of my application form and they are absolutely adamant it's an executed agreement (they sent same page to me on 3 separate occasions!!) - they've signed statements to this effect on court papers and several letters to me saying it is the agreement.

You can include this in your court claim if you are planning on chasing the charges etc..

There are a few different "versions" of these agreements that I have seen on here from Cap1 - I don't know what makes them think they can get away with it LOL They are foolishly thinking we can't see through their tricks!!

I can't wait to see what the Judge says at AQ stage about what they've been upto with my case - they clearly thought I'd drop my claim against them - not a chance!!

Hello spiritgirl,

Once they have defaulted and committed an offence, report them to Trading Standards. They will probably pass it on to LB Lambeth, who are the local Trading Standards in Link's area. I have been told by my local Trading Standards, that these people are very interested in the activities of Link!

So let them hang themselves, and then contact TS!

Good luck, Jeff.

Oh - good !!!

I have a Link/MBNA case/claim coming up any day now - am awaiting CCA/SAR details from them both :D:D (Mmm!! flying pigs comes to mind)

Can you please pass that TS address to me for future use as I will send this stuff to them as they default etc.. Nice to see someone at TS interested in this company.

:confused: I wonder what qualifications one needs to work in the Legal Department at Creation Financial Services???

None to do with Law obviously !!! :p

Glad it made you all smile friends! It certainly made my day LOL

Love Spiritgirl x

Spiritgirl - trust me when I say they'll need to have better qualifications by the time I have finished with them.

I have a court hearing date now for September - and judge has asked CAP1 to produce original documents in their "orders" :D NOW question is will a cut & pasted application form pass the CCA test for them in the court room ? :D

CAP1 are still insisting they already paid me and the monetry side of my claim is settled - which is total rubbish - I wonder how they are going to prove I ever had any payment off them - I do plan to bring this to the judges attention - how this company think they can bully and lie their way through court I will never know. BUT I am willing to continue to court and prove they have lied.

Seems this company aren't going to learn until a Judge gets them in court? Looks like an interesting time is ahead ? :D

Jeff thank you for that address!!

Oooh Elizabeth! I will await the outcome of your case with interest!

Are we taking bets LOL???

If Mr I.M. Stupid from Cap1 brings out a dodgy APPLICATION form then this will be a test case for us all!!

Wishing you the very best of luck!!

Cyberhugs

Spiritgirl x

This si going to be so much fun? :D

We should run a book on this one really - as how the devil do they expect to win this with an application form ? It's never going to happen is it?

What was funny was I'd written to the Directors at Cap1 - asking them if they condoned what their Legel Dept were up to etc.. ALL 8 of the Directors that I emailed and posted letters to totally ignored my letter/emails and then the Legal people wrote and told me apparently I should be corresponding the "Legal Dept" and not the directors, cheif execs and vice president etc.. - I haven't laughed so much in ages really.

NOW if the clever people in the "Legal Dept" got their acts together and dealt with things properly and competently - I wouldn't have to go above their heads would I?

I can't wait to see their "Court Bundle" as this has to be handed in a fortnight before the hearing (Judges Orders!!) should be a brilliant read I reckon :D

Update on Capital One :-

These utter incompetent morons have now sent me a blank list of terms and conditions and cancellation rights for credit accounts in general, with a letter stating "I have enclosed details of the terms and conditions for your credit card account".

I absolutely despair of them!! This has been going on since the beginning of April when I first CCA'd them and I have been sent all sorts of rubbish...they clearly do not understand what is required of them by a CCA request and I am sick of writing to explain - so I am now going to report them to OFT and TS. :evil:

Can anyone please direct me to a template for a letter to the OFT/TS ?, or does anyone have one they have sent which they wouldn't mind me using the jist of??

Many thanks

Spiritgirl x

Spiritgirl - Don't get angry - GET EVEN with this bunch of morons!!

Of course they understand what is required of them - this is an international company worth millions - they can afford to pay a legal team that knows their stuff.

I have gone as far as to write to their Directors by letter and email etc.. to draw it to their attention that the Dummies below are messing up and will cause more problems for this company and nobody in there seems to have any backbone - so it makes me think it's all part of the plot ? It all makes me think there is nobody in there that will comply with the law etc..- BUT whether they like it or not the laws are there for these people to comply with too.

Go to the ICO Data Protection Complaints – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) THIS IS THE COMPLAINT FORM you can do it online or by post etc.. - you will be able to attach any correspondence to an email with your completed application form etc..

Just go back after this company cause they are wrong and need to hold their hands up admit it and sort the problem out?

I propose to write back and point out their mistakes in this latest epic from them and ask for a copy of their complaints procedure which they forgot to enclose. When I eventually receive their complaints procedure I will then point out everything again by way of an official complaint and tell them to write off the debt. I have enough evidence now to really drop them in it.

What do you guys think?

Spiritgirl x

It seems like thay have a huge tray of files woth "I don't know how to handle" writtien on it and they just send the odd sporodic reply to comply with timescales?

Seems this legal team really needs shaking up? So they find out what bits fall off?

My daughter is in a similar position, 3 application forms, the last one they have highlighted the box at the end and said this is your Credit Agreement. They should get my response tomorrow morning. Very similar to above and I asked them to send her a statement showing a nil balance.

It's like they have gone completely mad in there and the higher up in the company we go the worse they are!!

No consciences whatsoever - they get worse by the day in there.

Well - I got a letter this morning from Victoria Mitchell Chief Risk Officer at Cap1 - she thanks me for my emails to all the individuals I sent my correspondence to - contents have been noted.

Then she goes onto say that the matter is in the hands of the Cap1 Legal Dept - since it involves litigation and will be handled by that dept. I mustn't correspond with the Directors and CEO's anymore as it will simply be passed to the Legal Dept. (But it was cause the Legal Dept were not dealing with matters that I went to higher up!!)

Seems the higher up we go the less clue they have?

Spiritgirl,

As Rory says if they don't comply with the SAR do the N1 court claim against them. ASK FOR DAMAGES AT DESCRETION OF COURT - this way it allows Judge to make that decision.

I read last night that some claims are being heard at Chancery Division of court (Debt Mountain's in Cabot forums) so looks like these judges are seriously looking at these companies now and the DCA's etc.. so we may have a few nice surprises ahead of us involving these companies?

Looks like their days of doing as they please are coming to an end?

Spiritgirl - It is CAPITAL ONE who are in Default not you!!

they failed to supply yu with the CCA - therefore they break the law not you!!

Go to the ICO and fill the complaint form in on the website and send it off. You have Cap1 on several issues here. Complaints - several ways to issue your complaint here

1. they are unlawfully sharing your Personal Data with 3rd parties (CRA's equifax, experian, callcredit) whilst an agreement isn't in place they don't have your permission to share data? SO THEY ARE BREAKING THE LAW

2. ALSO - if there are likely to be any charges to reclaim etc. Data they are publishing to the CRA's is erroneus and shouldn't be shared with any of the CRA's at all.

So n those points alone CAP1 in in the wrong. Fill out the complaint form and send copies of all the info you have so far (CCA & SAR requests, the replies they sent to you including this supposed CCA)

Show the ICO that yu have given CAP1 *** amount of days to deal with it and this is what they did - ICO will chase them and fine them for their wrong doing. CAP1 should never have issued any default notice against you. So Ask ICO to look at that to.

You can also complain to FOS and ask them to help you get any charges back OFT is certainly worth complaining to also.

Spiritgirl you aren't stuck really - just complain to the bodies and make your points known etc..

Just keep in your head that Cap1 have ruin this account with no legal CCA for *** it's this company in the wrong really - you didn't do any wrong no matter what they write to you.

Hi PlinyYes I agree with you , just trying to show spiritgirl what rubbish they come out with. All i need is for them to get the dates mixed up so I can have another laugh.

Spiritgirl - this company really do have no conscience what so ever - I had spent months trying to resolve issues with them in the Legal Dept - they'd sold my account to Lowell's to while all this was going on with my claim etc..

I then decided to write and ask the directors if they knew what was going n in the legal Dept and whether they condoned this lousy behaviour to customers - I had a list of people off their website and they couldn't be bothered to answer my first letter - I got a reply from the Legal Dept telling me to correspond with them. Naturally - I wrote t these Directors again to finally get a paragraph from Victoria Mitchell telling me to write to the Legal Dept - so now we can draw conclusions that YES it is common knowledge throughout Crap1 what is going on - and it don't matter how high up we go we will be met with the same Crap responses?

They really are silly in there.

• 2 weeks later...
Oops! sorry Rory, got so used to people with the "that cant be possible, you must pay" attitude - sorry!!

As for the napkin bit, the one Cap 1 sent to my wife might as well have been -

A4 piece of paper with her name and address in top left corner, then in the middle about 3/4 down, a sig box with her sig and the words "cca regulated by cca 1974"

roll on court......

:D

Seems to be the only way to deal with these people - they are idiots really!!

I can't wait till my September hearing date comes around as they will sure have an interesting time explaining to judge about their antics?