• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Kick the DCA's where it hurts lol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5965 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am also led to believe that at least one MOD is not so happy that my blog contains links to other self help forum. WELL, IT'S MY BLOG SO I'LL LINK TO WHO I WANT.

Which is precisely why I did nothing about it

You're not gods here you know.

Yes we know that. We're ordinary people like you who want to help.

There ARE alternatives, even if you wish there weren't.

I have no problem with alternatives as long as we're all fighting for the same reason. I must admit though that I don't know of a better site than CAG, but that's just my opinion.

I'd suggest that some of the MOD's get over themselves. If I thought they'd listen. But being so self centred, I hardly think they would.

As you are clearly aware from your comments, you are aware that I have been in communication with another member of the Cabot Fan Club, and with one of the site owners to present the case put to me, despite the fact that I did not agree with it myself. If giving hours of our own time is self centred, then I'm guilty as charged. A final decision is yet to be reached, but this is not helpful in strengthening your case.

I'm off. I MAY be back. But the possibility is pretty remote at the moment, the way I feel.

The choice is yours, but I doubt that you will find another site with the experience, knowledge or resources of CAG.

I wonder if this post will get CAGbotted? Quite probably. But do I give a toss? Hardly.

I at least will let it stand.

Eejits. :mad:

Thanks.

I would add that I entirely agree with Rooster, Bookworm and other mods on the issue of seperate sub forums.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does that mean that technically this is the end of discussion and that further debate is pointless ?

Absolutely not, as Gizmo has confirmed.

I have given my personal opinion based on the information as it seems to me now, but am always willing to listen. No decision is ever set in stone and the site has grown and evolved as ideas and information has changed. If anyone has any new points to raise, I'm sure it will help with the decision making process.:)

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The threads and information are still on the site as far as I know. If someone would link threads or send information that is particularly important to retain in a prominent position or library of information, we can look at the best way of making it clearly available for yourselves and future users of the site. It's likely that much of it could be equally relevant to other DCAs, so its important to be sure that useful information is readily available to everyone, in true CAG fashion. Were there particular threads that you feel should be considered as stickies, or particularly important discussion threads?

It might be easier to make an informed decision if we have a clearer picture of precisely what the issues are, and why it is so important that it is in one forum. If you would like to PM links to me I will be pleased to help.

I think it's worth remembering that even though the banks have seperate forums, the templates for all of them, and other useful information is stored in the CAG libraries, as the basic methods for making claims are exactly the same. With the DCAs all subject to the same statutes it seems reasonable to believe that reference information in the library would be extremely useful to share with our many fellow caggers.

CAG is a 2 way street which is why it is so important that any information that caggers have found is shared for the benefit of everyone. This is why it is so important that any research is in the public domain and peoples progress and advice is on their threads, and one very good reason why we tend not to help people by PM or email.

Another reason is to protect ourselves and others from potential problems and so that advice can be checked, and sometimes corrected and added to on the site.

If the Cabot Fan Club feel that it is inappropriate for this to happen I'm not sure what CAG can do to help because that is how CAG succeeds. :confused:

• Haha 1

I hope you don't mind me correcting on one issue Tomterm and others who are newer to CAG than Andrew1 and me, which is that the issue of sub-forums for other DCA's has been discussed before, and been dismissed as unnecessary and unworkable then. Probably before your time, and when the debt forum was much less busy than now, so it's probably good to look at the issue again now.

As Tom says though it was the refurbishment of the debt forums, and movement of threads at the weekend that let to the near death experience of CAG, and the loss of the Cabot sub-forum.

We are all on the same side here folks, and I know that Andrew1 and I are still friends, and I hope all the rest of us are too. We all have the same interests at heart, even if we may believe in different ways of tackling them. :)